ACC coaches propose that every single team in Division 1 make the 2021 NCAA Tournament. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC coaches propose that every single team in Division 1 make the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

This is so dumb but on brand for coaches who just want job security to keep getting paid.

The regular season would be pointless.
My god expand the tournament for one year is okay to 96 but everyone in is so freaking stupid.
I would think coaches who have tournament bonuses in their contracts would have to forfeit them for this season. Of course, many have had to take mandatory cuts already.

Edit: Also, unless a coach is at the end of a contract, he/she will be kept for another season anyway, because schools can't afford buyouts right now.

I've said thisfor many years that's how it should've been done. Just like the FA cup in England. Do away with conference tournaments.
I like this idea. Have most of the Lower teams have qualifying rounds to get into the big games and stuff just like over there

You have to give JB and K and the other ACC coaches credit for this idea. It's not easy to come up with the absolute worst idea of the day. Yet, they managed to do that. A completely open tournament would make the regular season totally meaningless. There is no big win or big loss in a regular season. And by the way, for the most part, we already have an open tournament when you include the conference tournaments. I don't want an expansion of 96 teams. Leave it as it is.

I like this idea. Have most of the Lower teams have qualifying rounds to get into the big games and stuff just like over there
We have exactly that now. They are called the conference tournaments. Bad teams shouldn't get in to the NCAA tournament. Really, period. What sense does this idea make? To make losing teams feel like they are winners?

You guys all misunderstood.

We're not going to have a regular season AND a tournament.

We're just having a 360 team tournament.

Gives new meaning to "one and done". :D

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye.

xfgph.jpg

You have to give JB and K and the other ACC coaches credit for this idea. It's not easy to come up with the absolute worst idea of the day. Yet, they managed to do that. A completely open tournament would make the regular season totally meaningless. There is no big win or big loss in a regular season. And by the way, for the most part, we already have an open tournament when you include the conference tournaments. I don't want an expansion of 96 teams. Leave it as it is.

Thanks Dasher -- you covered just about everything I was going to say. And actually a little embarrassed that our esteemed head coach would support this, but perhaps that is because he and Coach K are such good friends. Even though we wouldn't have to sweat out the bubble and Selection Show like we do every year, it is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.

I think what ACC is saying is that as a reward for striving to abide by health guidelines and maintaining a corona-free environment for a platform in which to actually play a season, every (corona-free) team would be assured a spot in the dance.

Geesh you bunch of whiny babies. Get off your high horses!!! I think it’s great and would incentivize athletic depts to keep vigilant.

I think what ACC is saying is that as a reward for striving to abide by health guidelines and maintaining a corona-free environment for a platform in which to actually play a season, every (corona-free) team would be assured a spot in the dance.

Geesh you bunch of whiny babies. Get off your high horses!!! I think it’s great and would incentivize athletic depts to keep vigilant.
Yeah and the mid major conferences are saying shove it.
This is a stupid idea.
Every team already gets a chance into the tournament via their own conference tournament.
The NCAA tournament is a tournament that teams earn their way into.

This idea is beyond stupid.
It makes the regular season completely meaningless.

I don’t want any expansion but if the ACC said double the field the 128 that would accomplish a lot of what they want to get done.

Every division 1 team in the tournament is stupid and deserves to be called stupid.
These athletic departments you are talking about are losing guarantee games which they use to subsidize their ADs to justify being in division 1 so they can use basketball as a recruiting tool to their school.

Division 1 is too big anyway if the schools drop out of it good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom