ACC coaches propose that every single team in Division 1 make the 2021 NCAA Tournament. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC coaches propose that every single team in Division 1 make the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

The best coaches in the game are for it and some talking head dopes are not...hmmm what side should I pick?!?

The best coaches in the game are for it and some talking head dopes are not...hmmm what side should I pick?!?
Yeah okay be on the side the people getting mocked for their proposal.

Or you can be with the NCAA Executive VP who said

Last edited:
Yeah okay be on the side the people getting mocked for their proposal.

Or you can be the NCAA Executive VP who said

If there are no conference tournaments (was looking forward to ACC / DC) what's the big deal? It's like two more games.

If there are no conference tournaments (was looking forward to ACC / DC) what's the big deal? It's like two more games.
why won’t their be conference tournaments?

Those would be the easiest thing for the small conferences to do in their own bubbles if necessary.

This proposal isn’t happening.
Turner isn’t going to pay for these blowout games.

why won’t their be conference tournaments?

Those would be the easiest thing for the small conferences to do in their own bubbles if necessary.

This proposal isn’t happening.
Turner isn’t going to pay for these blowout games.

We don't seem to be getting any indication that there will be. If there aren't this seems fun. If there are then I don't think the expanded field is necessary.

We don't seem to be getting any indication that there will be. If there aren't this seems fun. If there are then I don't think the expanded field is necessary.
We also don’t seem to be getting any indication that there won’t be conference tournaments. That’s the default. So until we hear otherwise, we should assume they’re happening in some form.

I would love to re-poll the ACC coaches whose teams made the tourney this year and ask them how they would feel about having to win like 9 or 10 games to win a title (if every team made it) vs. the normal 6. Something tells me they're fine with the current format.

I would love to re-poll the ACC coaches whose teams made the tourney this year and ask them how they would feel about having to win like 9 or 10 games to win a title (if every team made it) vs. the normal 6. Something tells me they're fine with the current format.

I bet Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Duke would have preferred one big tournament to a meaningless ACC tournament that gave some of their players covid.

I bet Georgia Tech, Virginia, and Duke would have preferred one big tournament to a meaningless ACC tournament that gave some of their players covid.
But why would Ga Tech and Virginia, who were safely in the field, want to have to play more games to win a national title?

But why would Ga Tech and Virginia, who were safely in the field, want to have to play more games to win a national title?
Virginia maybe wouldn’t have at the start of the year. But I have to guess that GT would have jumped on this at the start. No way they knew that they would win the ACCT.

It was a stupid idea and the fact it went nowhere shows it.

The tournament is the perfect number.
You have to earn your way in.
Every team this season had enough games and a conference tournament.
The bubble couldn’t have supported 300+ teams.

The money also wouldn’t have allowed it.
NCAAT credits are awarded for each game played it would have given money from the Big conferences to the small conferences and while the ACC was for this idea the other power conference teams aren’t giving away millions of dollars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom