ACC Hate Continues | Syracusefan.com

ACC Hate Continues

Geode

Block Head
The local AM sports talk radio in Charlotte is hating on us again. What's funny is that not one Syracuse fan has called in.

They acknowledge how bad it will look to the ACC if Syracuse comes in and wins out in our first season.

They are trying to unite the local UNC, Duke, NCST, and Wake fan base to actively root against us whenever we play a NC based team.

The early NCAA tourney exits are being highlighted.

They loathe that Seth Greenberg called SU- Duke a greater rivalry than UNC-Duke this year.

It's downright funny how much they dislike us.

Last edited:
Compared to some of their local teams not dancing at all?

I'm sure they overlooked the last two NCAA tournaments and the fact that Syracuse has made it to the Final Four in five consecutive decades.

I the local AM sports talk radio in Charlotte is hating on again. What's funny is that not one Syracuse fan has called in.

They acknowledge how bad it will look to the ACC if Syracuse comes in and wins out in our first season.

They are trying to unite the local UNC, Duke, NCST, and Wake fan base to actively root against us whenever we play a NC based team.

They loathe that Seth Greenberg called SU- Duke a greater rivalry than UNC-Duke this year.

It's downright funny how much they dislike us.
To be fair... this is the second tine we have destroyed their lives now.

March to the Atlantic.

Not trying to start a big controversy here, but do you think there is some southern, rebel "damned Yankees" mentality at play here? I lived outside of Charlotte about 5 years ago, and that attitude was still very much palpable. Frequently it was not very subtle either.

Absolutely there is a Southern inferiority complex. How else to explain all of this vitriol?

Sure I can understand rooting against a team that's playing your team, but why the unified front of hate?

Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame and Louisville were invited to their conference. Nobody forced their way in. The level of play in hoops has been elevated. There is no reason for all of this bitterness from the respective fan bases, not to mention newspaper columnists who are supposed to be professional and above the fray but instead are pandering to their readers simply to generate page clicks.

The solution for the team is to just keep winning and for us fans to act as if we expect those kind of results and be humble about it.

One way to build on this hatred is to add a more powerful chant than LGO. One that would really let foreign arenas know that their turf has been invaded. Anyone who was at the Final Four will know what I'm talking about.

Absolutely there is a Southern inferiority complex. How else to explain all of this vitriol?

Sure I can understand rooting against a team that's playing your team, but why the unified front of hate?

Syracuse, Pitt, Notre Dame and Louisville were invited to their conference. Nobody forced their way in. The level of play in hoops has been elevated. There is no reason for all of this bitterness from the respective fan bases, not to mention newspaper columnists who are supposed to be professional and above the fray but instead are pandering to their readers simply to generate page clicks.

The solution for the team is to just keep winning and for us fans to act as if we expect those kind of results and be humble about it.

Well, you had me agreeing with you there until the end. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

One way to build on this hatred is to add a more powerful chant than LGO. One that would really let foreign arenas know that their turf has been invaded. Anyone who was at the Final Four will know what I'm talking about.
y
How about "burn it again" when we travel south of the mason dixon.

Best chant I ever heard was at the '03 F4 Saturday games when Melo was going off on Texas

1000s of Cuse fans chanting "You Can't Stop Him!"

How about we chant, "You can't stop us" in their arenas?

Best chant I ever heard was at the '03 F4 Saturday games when Melo was going off on Texas

1000s of Cuse fans chanting "You Can't Stop Him!"

How about we chant, "You can't stop us" in their arenas?

DUDE! best chant i ever heard was "BIG 12 champs" as the kansas bus arrived back at their hotel which was right across the street from the cuse hotel. I'll never forget - about 50 kansas fans in their dark hotel. Our hotel lobby was so overcrowded there were probably 500+ outside.

Where is that video from the lobby? I was in it a few times.

It was amazing.

once louisville gets on board it will be close to 50/50 on old big east teams and current ACC teams.....i LOVE it

haha this is exactly the type of dislike and hate that create rivalries

and they keep saying that we will never be their rivals while they constantly hate on us

its really funny how they are clueless they are all building up hatred based rivalries which are by far the strongest

Let's not get too full of ourselves here, laddie bucks. How would BE fans have reacted if one of the ACC teams joined and was ripping it up the same way in its first year? If you want respect, be the first to show it. And just because we've been fortunate, it doesn't mean we're entitled to have that happen ad infinitum. Remember we're only at the top of the wave ... today ...

LGO!!

CusefanATL said:
DUDE! best chant i ever heard was "BIG 12 champs" as the kansas bus arrived back at their hotel which was right across the street from the cuse hotel. I'll never forget - about 50 kansas fans in their dark hotel. Our hotel lobby was so overcrowded there were probably 500+ outside. Where is that video from the lobby? I was in it a few times. It was amazing.

Ha, such memories. I remember that. I was standing on one of the concrete planters or whatever they were right outside the front door. Those Kansas fans just looked so sad. Best part though was when our bus pulled up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom