ACC Media Day, Wed Oct 28 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Day, Wed Oct 28

Syracuse Basketball ‏@syrbasketball
Boeheim says to speed up play have refs call fouls. Get rid of physicality. NBA game is more physical than college.

Boeheim on NCAA ban last year: "Players think about it.''

Boeheim says he likes his freshmen, "which is a good thing because they're going to play.''

Boeheim: I like our freshmen, they'll be ready to play. They all bring something unique, they're all good shooters.

Boeheim: "We have a lot of question marks and things we have to figure out. I like this team. We can be a good team.''

Boeheim said he doesn't set goals for wins, post-season etc. He tries to get team ready to play. "I don't think of anything past tomorrow."

Boeheim: "My good friend Bobby Cremins told me a few years ago that I'd get to 800-900 wins. He didn't tell me I might not keep them all.''

Boeheim: would prefer that Trevor Cooney take fewer threes this year. (He'll have more help.)

Boeheim on Gbinije: I think Mike's grown more than any other player I've coached.

Boeheim: Gbinije has improved shooting, ball-handling. He has to believe he's one of the best players in this league. And I think he does.

And Boeheim's session here ends. He'll speak in different setting with print reporters at around 4 p.m.

Last edited:
Are the rules different for hockey? I honestly don't know and I was under the impression each NCAA D-1 sport's committee decided micro-level eligibility details like that while the NCAA as a whole decided the macro-level ones (no signing with an agent, etc.). Wasn't Chris Weinke like 35 (well, it at least seemed that way) when he finished at F$U because he played minor league baseball?
I am not sure if they have different rules for each sport as I would never take the time to read every page of the NCAA's rules, but I will look into it.

Are the rules different for hockey? I honestly don't know and I was under the impression each NCAA D-1 sport's committee decided micro-level eligibility details like that while the NCAA as a whole decided the macro-level ones (no signing with an agent, etc.). Wasn't Chris Weinke like 35 (well, it at least seemed that way) when he finished at F$U because he played minor league baseball?
You can start your college career as late as 21 in hockey, after 4-5 years in junior (minor league) hockey.
Why not basketball and football?

Last edited:
You can start your college career as late as 22 in hockey, after 4-5 years in junior (minor league) hockey.
Why not basketball and football?

Chris Weinke was 28 years old when he won the Heisman for FSU. Seems like holding Okoboh out a year is stupid to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom