ACC Network Thread | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
just found out spectrum will not carry the accn in ohio!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to drive people to other places?
I have sling, it works well with my xbox one, it also has a built-in browser. Live streams from reddit work magically, just like watching real tv

Just upgraded our Hulu to make sure we are good here. Hopefully they don't pull such a stunt too.
I just signed up for hulu. I think I got a week free. Are you telling me I have to sign up for a sports package or something? I'm in the menus, watching cbs sports network right now. Acc network is there and says will come on tonight!

I just signed up for hulu. I think I got a week free. Are you telling me I have to sign up for a sports package or something? I'm in the menus, watching cbs sports network right now. Acc network is there and says will come on tonight!
No you don’t.

No not at at all. All comes with.

just found out spectrum will not carry the accn in ohio!!!

I thought they said outside the ACC areas you could get it if you had the silver spectrum package.

Does Disney own Espn+?
Does Disney own the ACCN?
Disney owns espn, so I would think they own those. Is there a way they wouldn't own something connected to espn?

Disney owns espn, so I would think they own those. Is there a way they wouldn't own something connected to espn?

I was being sarcastic for a reason.

I thought they said outside the ACC areas you could get it if you had the silver spectrum package.
They told me this afternoon when I tried to place my order that out of network or ACC area will be available on September 6

I've been with Sling since I dumped cable 3 years ago. Is Dish negotiating in good faith with Disney or are their negotiations going nowhere? I don't watch much on Sling besides sports and news so paying Hulu twice as much to watch basically the same thing plus Tier III games is unappealing at the moment. Perhaps it will not be in a few weeks. Or, in the best of all worlds Dish/Sling comes to their senses and plays ball with the ACCN.

They told me this afternoon when I tried to place my order that out of network or ACC area will be available on September 6
You aren't going to miss much in regards to Cuse by waiting 2 more weeks. That Clemson GT game is gonna be super lopsided too

The reaction around here reminds me of this

You guys must really like college soccer

I've been with Sling since I dumped cable 3 years ago. Is Dish negotiating in good faith with Disney or are their negotiations going nowhere? I don't watch much on Sling besides sports and news so paying Hulu twice as much to watch basically the same thing plus Tier III games is unappealing at the moment. Perhaps it will not be in a few weeks. Or, in the best of all worlds Dish/Sling comes to their senses and plays ball with the ACCN.
There are multiple reports that an agreement with Dish is very close to being announced. I would expect it to happen shortly.

Hey guys dumb question ... been thinking about making the jump to espn + will I also receive acc network under that umbrella since it is an espn channel?
nope

It has been good so far.

I have had a few glitches. I've lost a feed before. Had to reconnect. Sometimes the picture starts fuzzy then improves over a minute or two. Switching between channels is a slower process over cable.

My account is out of Florida. I actually was able to watch about 6 weeks of Tampa Bay Rays games in NY. Finally, I got a "you need to resign in back in Florida to watch live Rays games". I haven't yet but I still get local Tampa TV channels and local FL RSNs (other than Rays and Marlins games).

So if you live in Syracuse...you should theoretically head to Florida for the winter and watch Wayne Mahar tell you about the snow you are missing and get SU highlights from Niko.

YoutubeTV is really, really good for college sports.

Downside...no NFL Network if that is a thing to you.
I currently have Sling but I just signed up for the YouTube TV 5 day free trial. I have Sling Orange which has the ESPN channels. From what I can see, the channel line-up is slightly better on Youtube compared to combining the orange & blue packages on Sling. Youtube has better DVR options (unlimited for Youtube). Sling is cheaper if you only do one package (orange or blue = $25/mo) vs Youtube $50/mo but Youtube has way more channels & DVR. DVR is $5 extra on Sling.

If you don't watch a ton of channels (& dont care about the ACCN), Sling is probably the better deal but YouTube offers more - interface is better as well (on my Roku).

For Spectrum Folks. If you don't see a colorful ACC logo screen where the ACC Network is supposed to be...you might have a legacy TV plan (under Time Warner). You will have to switch to a Spectrum plan. A guy said his plan actually went down a little. Your Mileage May Vary...
i can confirm that the bill goes down slightly if you switch to spectrum as you ditch the phone since you switch over to spectrum plan

Status
Not open for further replies.