ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Eventually all this nonsense is going to destroy college sports. Young me would shocked hitter little Schlitz are given by old me
This is the bottom line. So the free minor leagues for NBA/NFL could be going away.

The NBA is preparing for this with the G League. The NFL is slowly adapting with their Spring minor leagues.

If you want to laugh today just go to Bud Elliot’s Twitter page and read him laughing at moron Rutgers fans. Their idiocy is incredible.

If you want to laugh today just go to Bud Elliot’s Twitter page and read him laughing at moron Rutgers fans. Their idiocy is incredible.
By pure coincidence, I was talking to my PM on the team today about conference changes and it turns out she went to Michigan, and the first thing out of her mouth on the topic, "First we let Rutgers in, and that ruined it from the start."

And Umass?
It depends on if and how fast Don Brown and Frank Martin can get their football and basketball programs playing and winning at a high level.

Remember the Grandaddy of all Bowls? Remember that?

As of the way today is going there is no room at the inn. 3 more to the Big 12, Arizona, Arizona St, and Utah. 2 to the Big 10, Oregon, and Washington.
The only pieces left on the board California, Oregon St, Stanford, and Washington St.
Agreed. FSU is running out of options, they may have to calm down and ride the GOR or fire their one shot and hope they survive.

Agreed. FSU is running out of options, they may have to calm down and ride the GOR or fire their one shot and hope they survive.
There might be something in the GOR that would render them as (I think the term is non interested party or something like that) and as such they could lose their voting rights.

So there’s no major west coast conference anymore?

Cool, cool.

This is so fun. What a joy college sports have become.

476g0wl5l1b01.png

Cal and Stanford football without Oregon and Washington will cost the ACC, not help it.
Perhaps the B1G and/or Fox is/are realizing that Oregon and Washington are not worth the equal share. Especially when they can wait until 2036 and grab more valuable teams on the east coast.

If an argument can be made that Oregon, Washington, Cal and/or Stanford are worth an equal share in the B1G or the SEC, the ACC can go to ESPN and leverage the argument, at least for the next look-in.

Great read. Getting beat year in and out sucks. My kid plays 9U travel baseball. We have a really good team and with back to back league championship games I have been telling our league I want to move us up a competitive tier for Fall ball (would be the best grouping skill wise).

We played a Tourney last week against a few teams that are in the "better" league. And we got smoked. We were exposed. At the end of the 2 day tournament I told my league, yeah we're not ready for that. We would get smoked weekly. That aint fun.

I like us in the ACC. We move to the BIG, the school gets checks...does it matter if we literally never win? Football will be like College baseball, soccer and volleyball...the only people that care will be the parents of the players on the team watching lol

I tend to agree.

A legit partnership / semi-merger made absolute sense if it involved OR, WA, AZ, ASU, Utah
It made less sense but could still MAYBE be justified without the NW two but everyone else
But if the NW schools and the AZ schools both go, I dont see enough value, as much as the ACC wants the PAC to survive
Recall that Fox and ESPN both passed on the PAC leftovers with all the schools looking to leave, what makes you believe that affiliated with the ACC would change the decision? Serious question, not looking for a fight.

I hate everything going and thank god Wildhack is our AD as he gets this game. What a brilliant, ahead-of-its-time hire back in 2016.

Didn't Wildhack already state there's not much SU can do and there's a good chance we get left behind when the dust settles? (I may be reading more into it then what he actually said).

This is the bottom line. So the free minor leagues for NBA/NFL could be going away.

The NBA is preparing for this with the G League. The NFL is slowly adapting with their Spring minor leagues.
Please ignore the actual bottom line, my phone typing recognition makes it look like I need to go to a hospital immediately

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom