ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Looking at viewership since 2015 not in P5.

Next teams are Army and Navy would put them middle of the pack. Yeah that 7M Army Navy game helps. But viewership is viewership.

Only other Non-P5 teams that are better than the bottom of the ACC (BC and Duke) are Memphis and Boise State. The other remaining schools that average better than 250k are App State, USF, Temple, and Tulsa. Some outliers who have had viewerships over 250k post-Covid include Tulane, ECU, Air Force. Uconn isn't quite there but could see them pull over 250k this season.

So if they were to go all out. Add the Stanford, Cal, WSU, OSU. You Add Air Force and Boise State to get a pod of 6. You add Army Navy Tulane and Memphis.

Tulane, Memphis, Louisville, GT, Clemson, FSU in the South Pod.
UNC, NC St, Wake, Duke, UVA, VPI in the Coastal Pod.
Miami, Cuse, BC, Army, Navy, Pitt in the Atlantic Pod.
Stanford, Cal, WSU, OSU, Air Force, Boise State in the West Pod.

You find me a better realistic option.

Edit: You are obviously giving these teams a lifeline. I would make accept them at certain partial shares depending on their travel and finances and whatnot until the bubble finally bursts

Last edited:
Just getting more ridiculous by the hour

That’s an… idea. Not sure what Pe firm is going to take the bait. It’s essentially a guaranteed loss considering the razor thin margins they’ll see for the next 10 years. No PE will entertain holding that long

I see it being announced Oregon and Washington to the B1G. Not sure if it will really happen considering the last time it was mentioned I read both state legislatures were of the position that both state schools have to go together. I could see both schools accepting and then the legislature putting a stop to it if the B1G does take both state schools which I do not see happening. Wondering if CA will now block ucla if they think cal will be left out.

Too bad ACC didn't have the foresight or balls to try and poach the Big Ten

Add PSU, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Rutgers, Maryland and get to 20.

Put Pitt, BC, VaTech, and Cuse with those schools and you have a north and south division (sorry VaTech)

I'm sure if that happened those schools and markets would add enough value to counter whatever the current Big Ten and SEC offer.
When was this an option?

According to the Sports Business Journal — pretty much the news source of record in the sports biz — the ACC seriously discussed either partnering or outright merging with the PAC 12.

This was actually presented this week to the P12 schools.

So the next numbskull who yelps “why doesn’t the ACC **do** something!” gets a shovel to the face.

They tried. The P12 schools passed. Because none of them wanted to join the ACC. That last part kinda matters, you dolts.

Last edited:
The Big 12 has just formally extended an invite to Utah.

ASU really made this hard on themselves.
They had to play out their ghost of a chance at a B1G invite. Can't really blame them for that.

According to the Sports Business Journal — pretty much the news source of record in the sports biz — the ACC seriously discussed either partnering our outright merging with the PAC 12.

So the next numbskull who yelps “why doesn’t the ACC **do** something!” gets a shovel to the face.

They tried. The P12 schools passed. Because none of them wanted to join the ACC. That last part kinda matters, you dolts.

Article on this earlier (doesn't really say much other than they talked):

According to the Sports Business Journal — pretty much the news source of record in the sports biz — the ACC seriously discussed either partnering our outright merging with the PAC 12.

could still happen in some capacity if the powers that be wanted to make sure all pac 7 have a home, 3 to big 12 and 4 to acc at less than full share though

Teams jumping off the Pac-12 ship to take partial shares in new conference revenue for the next 7 years tells you just how bad their media deal was.

If they could have just had about 300M subscriptions to Apple +, those teams were going to be setup.

could still happen in some capacity if the powers that be wanted to make sure all pac 7 have a home, 3 to big 12 and 4 to acc at less than full share though

I can't imagine any scenario where adding Oregon State and Washington State moves a needle. Their big brothers just relegated them to G5 for life.

Cal/Stanford is a little more interesting, but not incredibly.

Does he tho
Not so sure. I guess he gets credit for self-preservation by jumping from ESPN before the ship started sinking but the incestuous hiring practices and an expertise on the media landscape 7 years ago (which might as well be 100 years ago with how much things have changed) doesn't trigger a lot of confidence that he can navigate the college conference hellscape.

Was this before Oregon and Washington left? Utah is out now too.

So much is changing. The phones at the ACC HQ should be dialing non-stop.

Teams jumping off the Pac-12 ship to take partial shares in new conference revenue for the next 7 years tells you just how bad their media deal was.

If they could have just had about 300M subscriptions to Apple +, those teams were going to be setup.

A 50% share in the B1G is almost as much as a full ACC share.

And your B1G share will grow once your school is fully vetted.

So PAC 4 merges with the MWC unless Stanford and Cal get an invite elsewhere, that is. WSU and OSU are screwed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom