ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I'm sure this has been posted at length already, but I'm wondering what you all think would be the best scenario(s) for Cuse if in a few or more years if the ACC is picked apart? Wondering what everyone thinks are the best (and realistic) scenarios for football, for basketball, and for both together.

Been playing Call of Duty all day just to see Washington and Oregon defected. College football ruined the landscape of college athletics.

Was this before Oregon and Washington left? Utah is out now too.

So much is changing. The phones at the ACC HQ should be dialing non-stop.
Yes. Oregon and Washington didn’t leave until after that conference meeting.

I really have no compassion for the Pac12. They had their opportunity twice when the Big 12 was on the ropes and could have expanded to a Midwest footprint to support the eastern part of their conference, expand to new markets, etc and didn’t pull the trigger.

Just a complete lack of foresight on their part and horrendous leadership.

could still happen in some capacity if the powers that be wanted to make sure all pac 7 have a home, 3 to big 12 and 4 to acc at less than full share though
What value does the remaining PAC 12 dreck have?

I’ll answer that… next to nothing.

What value does the remaining PAC 12 dreck have?

I’ll answer that… next to nothing.
They have value to the MWC and that’s about it. Well Stanford/Cal I could see if the B1G wants to continue to pursue an academic angle.

Wash St / Oregon St - They’re basically UCONN west now.

They have value to the MWC and that’s about it.

They’re basically UCONN west.
I don’t see Stanford and Cal joining the MWC.

They’ll go independent.

I really have no compassion for the Pac12. They had their opportunity twice when the Big 12 was on the ropes and could have expanded to a Midwest footprint to support the eastern part of their conference, expand to new markets, etc and didn’t pull the trigger.

Nothing outside of adding Texas/Oklahoma would have changed anything. Lots of Monday morning QBing going on in this thread, and not a ton of it is/was realistic.

Their fate was sealed 5 years ago when they refused to partner with ESPN for the PAC 12 network. Made no sense then when their greedy, dopey Presidents passed on that offer. They’d be an intact conference today if they weren’t so dumb.

Teams jumping off the Pac-12 ship to take partial shares in new conference revenue for the next 7 years tells you just how bad their media deal was.

If they could have just had about 300M subscriptions to Apple +, those teams were going to be setup.
Indentured servitude

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom