ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 146 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

We're headed for 3 power conferences with 24 teams each.

The BigPac

The Big Number

The SEWNC
I believe that is the end game. I also believe the Big 12 is in the drivers seat because they could offer the 8 best programs in the ACC and renegotiate their media deals damn close to SEC and B1G levels. Such as: Miami, FSU, Clemson, Louisville, UNC, Duke, VaTech and PITT. They can take them all in.

They have value to the MWC and that’s about it. Well Stanford/Cal I could see if the B1G wants to continue to pursue an academic angle.

Wash St / Oregon St - They’re basically UCONN west now.
They are the reigning national champions in basketball and have 5 titles.

We're headed for 3 power conferences with 24 teams each.

The BigPac

The Big Number

The SEWNC

RIP 4X16.

Unless the B1G trades Rutgers and Maryland to the ACC for future considerations.

Their fate was sealed 5 years ago when they refused to partner with ESPN for the PAC 12 network. Made no sense then when their greedy, dopey Presidents passed on that offer. They’d be an intact conference today if they weren’t so dumb.
And Thank God the ACC did or SU would be out

Nothing outside of adding Texas/Oklahoma would have changed anything. Lots of Monday morning QBing going on in this thread, and not a ton of it is/was realistic.
That’s not true. The Big 12 was able to pull 4 schools from the Pac 12 because it’s a more viable conference. Nothing more, nothing less. The Big 12 doesn’t have any real marquee football names anymore. Had the Pac 12 even pulled in Texas Tech, Ok St, Kansas, Kansas st, Iowa St and Baylor when they had the chance they’d still have a conference and the Big 12 wouldn’t exist.

The Big 12 did to them what they could have and did have the opportunity to do to the Big 12. The Pac just chose to stand still and it ultimately led to their demise.

I have a question, what if Miami, North Carolina, fsu and clemson ( there the 3 crazy enough to do it) all figured out a way to pay out the 300 million each to leave the league and the remaining schools divided up the cash amongst themselves. Would that be such a travesty? Personally I say go ahead give us the pay day, Buh bye.

As things look in 2024-25 (as of Aug 4):

ACCSECBig 12Big 10Pac 12AmericanMWCCUSAMACSun BeltIndependent
Boston CollegeAlabamaBaylorIllinoisCaliforniaEast CarolinaAir ForceFIUAkronAppalachian StateArmy
ClemsonArkansasBYUIndianaOregon StateMemphisBoise StateJacksonville StateBall StateArkansas StateNotre Dame
DukeAuburnCincinnatiIowaStanfordNavyColorado StateKennesaw StateBowling GreenCoastal CarolinaUConn
Florida StateFloridaHoustonMarylandWashington StateSMUFresno StateLibertyBuffaloGeorgia SouthernUMass
Georgia TechGeorgiaIowa StateMichiganSouth FloridaHawaiiLouisiana TechCentral MichiganGeorgia State
LouisvilleKentuckyKansasMichigan StateTempleNevadaMiddle TennesseeEastern MichiganLouisiana
Miami (FL)LSUKansas StateMinnesotaTulaneNew MexicoNew Mexico StateKent StateLouisiana–Monroe
NC StateMississippi StateOklahoma StateNebraskaTulsaSan Diego StateSan Houston StateMiami (OH)South Alabama
North CarolinaMissouriTCUNorthwesternCharlotteSan Jose StateUTEPNorthern IllinoisTexas State
PittsburghOle MissTexas TechOhio StateFlorida AtlanticUNLVWestern KentuckyOhioTroy
SyracuseSouth CarolinaUCFPenn StateNorth TexasUtah StateToledoMarshall
VirginiaTennesseeWest VirginiaPurdueRiceWyomingWestern MichiganOld Dominion
Virginia TechTexas A&MArizona*RutgersUABSouthern Miss
Wake ForestVanderbiltArizona State*WisconsinUTSAJames Madison
Oklahoma*Colorado*Washington*
Texas*Utah*Oregon*
UCLA*
USC*

I have a question, what if Miami, North Carolina, fsu and clemson ( there the 3 crazy enough to do it) all figured out a way to pay out the 300 million each to leave the league and the remaining schools divided up the cash amongst themselves. Would that be such a travesty? Personally I say go ahead give us the pay day, Buh bye.

youre way light on what would be required for them buy there way out

If you could parlay that into NIL money.

So the latest BiG additions are getting a 50% share through 2030, which is less than a full ACC share? And the Big 12 shares are less than ACC shares? And GOR litigation risk means any move by FSU is a long shot?
Maybe the ACC isn’t a horrible place to be for now while the dust settles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom