ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 217 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Nowhere near what they want or what they deserve.
I actually talked to a FSU fan today who realizes the ACC is their best spot for academics and sports. He realizes easiest path to playing in the 12 team playoff is through the ACC. He figured the B1G was okay too but he didn't want all those road trips north.

FSU decision makers need to stop listening to Warcrap Posters

The people who claimed it was about markets, meaning largely just being in them, were always wrong. It always was about being able ro deliver those markets. BC never mattered no matter how big the Boston TV market because nobody in that market cared about BC sports.

Real CFB people, the ones who truly grasped what was what, and that means the SEC first and foremost, always knew it was far better to take an Arkansas than a BC or a Pitt or a Syracuse, because Arkansas has passionate fans and they watch, all the time. Proven fans that buy tickets and go to games. That is how to rank value. That means WVU is worth many times more than BC could ever hope to be worth. That sums the ACC failures in leadership that have gotten us to this pass.

Basketball works the same basic way, but as basketball is much less valuable than football, the ACC, which has all that passion and large TV audiences for basketball, is at a huge disadvantage vis a vis the SEC and BT.

The BE could never have become a 'permanent' Major conference in football. And once the BE got back to being just about basketball, the BE once again became a monster in basketball. The temptation for what I have always derisively canned ACC 'basketball-onlys' and 'basketball-firsters' should FSU and Clemson leave is to argue that the ACC should just return to being what to is in 1960 or 1980: happy to be also ran in football, with an occasional Top 10 team, but truly excellent in every way in basketball. So the fight would be between those folks and the football minded people at the remaining schools as to which schools to add to replenish the ACC membership.

Anybody who would want UConn and Temple in the ACC is wanting to focus all league energies on basketball. Anybody who would want WVU and UCF and CIncy, UCF, is all about trying to re-bolster football.
Woad...you'll get way more likes by using Rutgers as your example of market over brand

I agree but it seems that the early hoop games that are streamed always end up with people complaining about the stream and the students who host the halftime show ha.
Better than listening to radio

IMG_7148.png

Watch Texas try to legislate mandatory games
Both schools are private and lack sufficient pull in the legislature to get the state involved. Besides, Texas didn't mandate UT and TAMU, two biggest state schools with a very long history to boot, play when they were in separate conferences, it is not like the legislature would care enough about TCU/SMU.

Cable just dropped below 50%. Streaming now is about 52%. Cable is dead. Its the equivalent of a land line in your home.
It’s not dead as long as the ACC network is being carried

"I believe it's a matter of when, not if ESPN and Apple get together," Ives said on CNBC's "Last Call" show. I think Apple is really the perfect fit. And I think this is something for Cupertino that they're looking to go after. Live sports content is the golden goose."

B1G sniffing around Stanford as their game of College Football Risk continues.

Anyone want to know how not to do realignment just watch the ACC.
Stanford doesn’t provide any value to the ACC. If the BIG wanted them, they would’ve added them a last week

Will Stanford ditch Cal? Maybe they've run out of options.

That would be hilarious, in a way that's not funny at all. ACC leadership is broken.

Maybe Mark but let's face it, if Stanford agreed to join the ACC verbally and then the Big 10 offered, do you think Stanford would turn the Big 10 down? I don't, not with 4 former PAC schools there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom