ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 299 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

We all know the Big Ten looked ridiculous doing this. The Big 12 didn't and added normal schools that are somewhat close to them regionally.

The ACC said hold my beer and one upped everyone on the stupidity. This is by far the worse move that has happened to this point and they just let the Big Ten off the hook for the West Coast nonsense and killing the P12 it won't be them that people laugh at it will be the ACC. I hope the conference gets absolutely roasted and has to go back on this. The Big East kicked out Temple so hopefully some of that starts happening.
It’s funny how people are ridiculing the ACC for doing this when the SEC and BigTen have been raising and destroying conferences for years

Can we just separate football from NCAA governance, give them different conferences from the rest of the sports and get all of this over with? I LOVE college sports but I'm just over all of this.

We all know what the end game is but instead of just going there we have a bunch of stupid moves that makes zero sense for everything besides football.
Yeah, separate football, make it's own thing, and let's make sensible conferences for everything else. Then maybe we can lose the scholarships for football too which would allow schools to bring back other men's sports like wrestling without breaking title IX rules.

It’s funny how people are ridiculing the ACC for doing this when the SEC and BigTen have been raising and destroying conferences for years

Nobody complained when the SEC took South Carolina/Arkansas, and Texas A&M/Missouri, and Texas/Oklahoma.

Nobody complained when the B1G took PSU/Nebraska, and Maryland/Rutgers, and USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon.

But heaven forbid the ACC or the Big12 make some moves.

F48w8UhXkAAQ_r1
Another “bless their hearts”

Nobody complained when the SEC took South Carolina/Arkansas, and Texas A&M/Missouri, and Texas/Oklahoma.

Nobody complained when the B1G took PSU/Nebraska, and Maryland/Rutgers, and USC/UCLA/Washington/Oregon.

They upgraded their conferences.

We downgraded/diluted ours if Stanford or Cal were desirable they would be in the Big Ten or Big 12.

We outdid the Big Ten for ridiculous geographic footprint. They actually got some good West coast markets WA, Oregon, and LA. We got the market that 2 pro franchises have left in the last few years.

The academic end of the conference took sympathy on 2 West coast Ivys for no good reason. Stanford and Cal wouldn't piss on any ACC member apart from maybe Duke if they were on fire.

They upgraded their conferences.

We downgraded/diluted ours if Stanford or Cal were desirable they would be in the Big Ten or Big 12.

We outdid the Big Ten for ridiculous geographic footprint. They actually got some good West coast markets WA, Oregon, and LA. We got the market that 2 pro franchises have left in the last few years.

The academic end of the conference took sympathy on 2 West coast Ivys for no good reason. Stanford and Cal wouldn't piss on any ACC member apart from maybe Duke if they were on fire.
Little bit of spin there, The Bay area is a sprawling , thriving market . The market itself is not why those franchises left.

Oregon State and Washington State actually have fans and Corvallis and Pullman are sick college towns I would have preferred to take them. Neither is a huge downgrade from UW or the Ducks apart from the Uncle Phil money.

Little bit of spin there, The Bay area is a sprawling , thriving market . The market itself is not why those franchises left.

Raiders were the only NFL franchise that tarped off part of their stadium. Virtually every NFL team sells out every game and has a long ST waiting list.

A's have awful attendance.

Stanford can't even sell out the ND and USC games.

Now you're making things up. The Rutgers move especially was widely panned for the overrated NYC market (thinking that college has the reach of the pros) of which Rutgers has no major presence in. The B1G was ridiculed for taking a bad team in to penetrate the NYC metro.

The Pac raid has also been criticized for expanding a footprint that's thousands of miles away from the Midwest, disregarding the welfare of their athletes and how the Pac upended a century of rivalries and tradition to play the likes of Minnesota and Maryland.

Raiders were the only NFL franchise that tarped off part of their stadium. Virtually every NFL team sells out every game and has a long ST waiting list.

Maybe you should step away from the keyboard, go for a walk, spend some time w family or friends?

Just a thought.

49ers, Giants, Sharks, Warriors are also part of the Bay area. Oakland has some problems involving the city government and it’s support .

Maybe you should step away from the keyboard, go for a walk, spend some time w family or friends?

Just a thought.
I'm not that upset I don't think this changes much. My real beef is that the Big Ten is no longer the bad guy we just let them off the hook for their expansion. Imagine the Pac 12 was a bank. Big Ten got everything in the vault and the hundreds...Big 12 got all the smaller bills...ACC came in and scooped up the coins. We have no moral high ground in this nonsense anymore if we stood pat we would have.

I'm not that upset I don't think this changes much. My real beef is that the Big Ten is no longer the bad guy we just let them off the hook for their expansion. Imagine the Pac 12 was a bank. Big Ten got everything in the vault and the hundreds...Big 12 got all the smaller bills...ACC came in and scooped up the coins. We have no moral high ground in this nonsense anymore if we stood pat we would have.
Morality is relative and shifts with societal norms. I don’t like this move either but the ACC participating in survival doesn’t make them complicit in the original murder

if we stood pat , we were going to lose money

if we stood pat , we were going to lose money

I don't really buy that. Placating the schools currently carrying the conference in FB isn't a bad thing either this is all about football after all. Stanford and Cal don't sign agreements with the Mountain West that bind them there for life and don't let them jump once an invite comes up you could have added them at any point same with SMU.

What difference does that make?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom