ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 298 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I'm looking forward to people in California wondering what the hell is bojangles and food lion

Wait until they get a load of the officiating
The PAC had the worst officials in the P5, it'll actually be an upgrade for them.

For all of their talk and bluster, who exactly is knocking down the door to get FSU?
They're a legend in their own minds. Notoriously boorish and arrogant here in Charlotte. At least Clemson and even UNC handled this w/ a smidgen of class. FSU still acts like Bobby Bowden is gonna walk through that door. Typical, wacky Floridian attitudes.

For all of their talk and bluster, who exactly is knocking down the door to get FSU?
It's behind the. scones, and it is NIOT al about getting FSU. FSU is just the easily riled idiot they can manipulate. THE plan is to make certain that no conference can ever be a truly Major conference other than BT and SEC. That can only happen if the ACC is reduced - because Pac is about dead, and Big 12 is seriously reduced.

Now the plan is to take apart the ACC. They will be done easiest off both Clemson and FSU are itching to leave ASAP. A truly major football conference must have at least a couple of schools with Large football fan bases. The ACC has only those 2. Lose both, and ACC football already will be reduced rather significantly. And that would then spur other schools desired by SEC and/or BT to explore.

What all schools left in the ACC after that process is done must accept and act on is that football fans trump even football winning and football winning trumps even basketball fans of the larger amounts. And to hoist up the football side of the league, you must have schools located in 'football states.' So, in terms of replenishing the ACC, Tulane is better than UConn because LA is a football state. CIncy over Tulane because OH is a football state and Cincy has many more football fans than Tulane. USF and UCF may both be required to replace FSU and have a major hold on FL 3* talent. VA produces much more football talent than PA, so JMU is better than Temple. If there are cracks in the Big 12, try to smash them into smithereens to take TTU, TCU, Baylor and possibly Houston. Securing that much of TX is more valuable than having KU basketball. SMU boosters wiped dearly love to manage that.

WVU belongs in the ACC for rivalries.

I think Oregon State and Washington state should keep the PAC brand. They need 5 new schools for next season. I would take USF, ECU, Memphis, Tulane, UTSA for next year. Then 4 MWC teams for 2025 (San Diego State, Fresno State, Boise State, Colorado State). They would need one more to get to 12 though. Not sure who works best. Maybe a team in the East to get to 6 and 6, East vs West.

I think Oregon State and Washington state should keep the PAC brand. They need 5 new schools for next season. I would take USF, ECU, Memphis, Tulane, UTSA for next year. Then 4 MWC teams for 2025 (San Diego State, Fresno State, Boise State, Colorado State). They would need one more to get to 12 though. Not sure who works best. Maybe a team in the East to get to 6 and 6, East vs West.
hard to do with no tv rights deal

Haven’t caught up yet. But just spitballing numbers. This does not include ACC network price for California or Texas increasing. Which could be substantial.

Syracuse received roughly 40 million last year. With projections only expected to increase over the next several years.

Based on this last years numbers and early reports, Stanford and cal will get 30% for 7 years. That is 12 million for them, 28 million for ACC per team.

SMU is going 9 years with no payment!!! That’s 40 million to the ACC.

Obviously some will be taken off the top for traveling costs. But that is roughly 96 million dollars the ACC has to split up among the other members not including any ACC network money that the ACC owns 50/50.

I’m still not totally on board with this plan/teams. But I’m not sure what FSU, Clemson, UNC can complain about. They just significantly upgraded the dollar value of the media contracts.

They are annoyed because they are out numbered and the traveling. But they kept saying how they needed more money. Well now they have access to it.

I also heard that the league itself gets a 4% bump in revenue. So, another 2M per year per school, approximately. Not alot, but something.

True. I guess MWC it is for those 2. It is actually a nice regional conference, old school. Just missing a school in Arizona and Montana. Maybe they should take in Northern Arizona and Montana to get to 16.

Does the PAC name have any tangible assets left to it?

There's obviously no tv, but are they still P5/BCS/whatever on paper? They probably won't put a team in the playoffs, but could still be eligible for better payouts (from?) or remnant bowl game ties. I don't even know how the Rose Bowl works anymore.

Your missing the forest from the trees. Bigger picture, the landscape has changed. And the college sports world has changed.

IF you don't get NIL, point is you CAN though. And because of that, more travel is involved.

Nobody is forcing any 18, 19, or 20 year old to play college sports. They know what they are signing up for and the travel involved. Don't sign up and complain about it after the fact.

May sound harsh, and cruel but literally its reality. Dick Vital wants it to be 1985 again and to romance what college sports "was". It's like, bro, look around those days are dead and buried and ain't coming back. Even using the term student-athlete is kind of outdated.
Truthfully, I want it to be 1985 again, but it's not, so this had to be done

Does the PAC name have any tangible assets left to it?

There's obviously no tv, but are they still P5/BCS/whatever on paper? They probably won't put a team in the playoffs, but could still be eligible for better payouts (from?) or remnant bowl game ties. I don't even know how the Rose Bowl works anymore.
the pac 12 still owes comcast money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom