ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 318 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

this. Plus there isn’t enough money for another conference to take four acc teams. It ain’t happening right now. Follow the money.
None of these scenarios make sense.

Everything I run through my head hits a brick wall.
UNC, FSU, Clemson and UVA are a block and somehow "get out" of the GOR. The only way out of the GOR is through litigation. No conference is going to take on a new member until that litigation is concluded. I don't really know contract law, but I know that courts do not like to void contracts. So I doubt it's really possible without a significant payment.

So say they get to that point. Either B1G or SEC. Why is ESPN going to pay them more money in the SEC? Why would ESPN not fight for the GOR to the death to stop a significant asset from going to Fox/NBC?

Realistically, the B1G is not an option for this scenario. So the SEC - presumably then ESPN would be colluding to destroy the ACC and pick off its 4 preferred members to the SEC, thereby strengthening the SEC and ESPN would save a ton of money on the ACC's dissolution or breakdown of the GOR.

If that was the case I imagine the remaining ACC, whatever that looks like (us, BC, Wake, Georgia Tech, SMU & Calford?) would have a cause of action to sue ESPN, the SEC and the colluding former ACC schools.

I'd love for someone who knows more to explain better, but that scenario sounds very illegal.

UNC, FSU, Clemson and UVA are a block and somehow "get out" of the GOR. The only way out of the GOR is through litigation. No conference is going to take on a new member until that litigation is concluded. I don't really know contract law, but I know that courts do not like to void contracts. So I doubt it's really possible without a significant payment.

So say they get to that point. Either B1G or SEC. Why is ESPN going to pay them more money in the SEC? Why would ESPN not fight for the GOR to the death to stop a significant asset from going to Fox/NBC?

Realistically, the B1G is not an option for this scenario. So the SEC - presumably then ESPN would be colluding to destroy the ACC and pick off its 4 preferred members to the SEC, thereby strengthening the SEC and ESPN would save a ton of money on the ACC's dissolution or breakdown of the GOR.

If that was the case I imagine the remaining ACC, whatever that looks like (us, BC, Wake, Georgia Tech, SMU & Calford?) would have a cause of action to sue ESPN, the SEC and the colluding former ACC schools.

I'd love for someone who knows more to explain better, but that scenario sounds very illegal.
I'm not a lawyer but I play one on the internet.

Can someone tell me what UVA brings to the table for the SEC or Big10?

Everyone gets out of the ACC conference.
Their changing the conference name to the BCC. The BiCoastal Conference. ;)

UVA. That may seem to you like saying Stanford brings Stanford, but UVA is a state flagship, in a not small state that has wealth and produces a goodly amount of talent.

UVA is worth a good deal.

I don’t believe that these eventual super conferences will want to exclude the entire Northeast. (exception Ped State). People may not attend college football in Mass #s but they do turn on their tvs Saturdays for football . I think somewhere down the line BC Pitt and SU will be picked up. Not really a fan of the idea but they’re not really listening to me a heck of a lot.

Everyone gets out of the ACC conference.
Their changing the conference name to the BCC. The BiCoastal Conference. ;)
You may be on to how we can get Disney to actually pay us better: change name to Bi Coastal, and then emphasize all things bi-sexual. Disney will slobber all over us.

Anybody think Dino would help out by coaching in nice mini skirt and blonde wig?

I don’t believe that these eventual super conferences will want to exclude the entire Northeast. (exception Ped State). People may not attend college football in Mass #s but they do turn on their tvs Saturdays for football . I think somewhere down the line BC Pitt and SU will be picked up. Not really a fan of the idea but they’re not really listening to me a heck of a lot.
That's also my thought. Is the Big 12, assuming it's the last conference standing if the ACC really does implode< going to cede the Northeast to the B1G? Penn State has a huge following and Rutgers fills in some of the gaps, but there's a lot of eyeballs and a lot of money in this region.

Has this guy ever been right about anything?
He LOVES the Big 12 because he LOVED the Big 8 - he is primarily an Oklahoma St guy. And he is now obsessed with the Big 12 ending up as the 3rd wealthiest conference with the 3rd best football overall and at least 2nd best basketball overall. All of that requires the ACC to be destroyed. So he sees that as not just inevitable but as imminent.

You may be on to how we can get Disney to actually pay us better: change name to Bi Coastal, and then emphasize all things bi-sexual. Disney will slobber all over us.

Anybody think Dino would help out by coaching in nice mini skirt and blonde wig?
This has political undertones IMO

They don't have any following, they don't bring any value to an FBS conference.
But UMass to the Big 10? Because of their following? You seem to think schools that have never been good and have never had a following are valuable but a school that has won a number of big games, just not recently, doesn't.

UVA. That may seem to you like saying Stanford brings Stanford, but UVA is a state flagship, in a not small state that has wealth and produces a goodly amount of talent.

UVA is worth a good deal.
Do they have a big fan base that’s been in hiding for the last 70 years? I mean great they bring smart people but at what point do those smart folks start watching games? I can’t imagine they are chomping at the bit to see Virginia get smacked around by the Michigan’s and bamas of the world if they can’t even be bothered to get up for VT. Recruiting alone in a national field where most players end up in Georgia and Florida private schools cannot drive membership values north of 80m/year

I’m sick of the 2 super conferences. If it does happen, I hope the NFL (which it won’t do) starts playing on saturdays. It would hurt these clowns where it would hurt them the most.

If FSU, Clemson, UNC, & UVA leave, it will be the old BigEast teams plus Duke, Wake, NC State, and Georgia Tech.

IMO, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side for Clemson, FSU, UNC, and UVA, You get what you ask for. They get their way in the ACC even with the officials now, that all changes.

If they do go to the SEC, the B1G isn’t taking many of the ACC teams left and it positions SU and Pitt to the B1G pretty well to shore up the North East.

Put a date on it then if they've found a way.

Could they leave in 5 years? Sure.

Are they leaving after this year? Would love this guy to say so with certainty. But he can't.

But UMass to the Big 10? Because of their following? You seem to think schools that have never been good and have never had a following are valuable but a school that has won a number of big games, just not recently, doesn't.
Even when BC is great, their support is tepid. UMASS is the state flagship university of Massachusetts which is a state with more than 6 million residents. So, yea, I think if UMASS were to get on a real upswing they would have a much larger following than BC ever would. Can Don Brown get them there, maybe, they are close to being good if they can get their starting QB back on the field,

UMass is fkkkked unless the state starts funding them like a flagship FBS football school. They have half-assed every step of this process and are running out of time to be taken seriously.

There are plenty of people who will care if they have a respectable football and/or basketball product but that will only happen if the AD is funded as it needs to be. That starts with major renovations to the football stadium. They are getting better about paying coaches and giving them a decent assistant pool but that has to be the start, not the finish.

I am hopeless about it until I have a reason not to be but it's far from impossible. Very frustrating as one of the rare recent alums who cares deeply.

It won't be a major conference but if the MAC or AAC comes calling for them to join all-sports the answer has to be yes before they hang up the phone. No reason to even consider saying no.

Swaim's record on this and everything else he attempts to post on speaks for itself.

September 2023:

August 2023:

April 2023:

If you think this political BS is going to fly on the football board, keep it up.

You'll be watching this thread with no input ability.

Not a threat - just a fact. You've been around long enough to know the rules.

I’m sick of the 2 super conferences. If it does happen, I hope the NFL (which it won’t do) starts playing on saturdays. It would hurt these clowns where it would hurt them the most.
If memory serves there’s some type of law with NFL and college football having to play opposite one another.

I’ve been wondering the same thing for months. I mean good academic schools. Athletics are underwhelming. All I can see is location - kind of like the B17 adding Buttgers for their location.

UMass is fkkkked unless the state starts funding them like a flagship FBS football school. They have half-assed every step of this process and are running out of time to be taken seriously.

There are plenty of people who will care if they have a respectable football and/or basketball product but that will only happen if the AD is funded as it needs to be. That starts with major renovations to the football stadium. They are getting better about paying coaches and giving them a decent assistant pool but that has to be the start, not the finish.

I am hopeless about it until I have a reason not to be but it's far from impossible. Very frustrating as one of the rare recent alums who cares deeply.

It won't be a major conference but if the MAC or AAC comes calling for them to join all-sports the answer has to be yes before they hang up the phone. No reason to even consider saying no.
If Phommachahn hadn't gotten hurt would probably be 4-1 right now, bad break for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom