ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 347 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I only still go to the restaurant because my favorite item on the menu is still on the menu. But if you take that item off the menu perhaps I will stop going to that restaurant moving forward. The SEC and Big 10 wants to take off way to many popular menu items on their menu because it’s not as popular as their menu items and maybe not bringing as much revenue. However, if you take those popular, but not as popular as your items bringing in the most revenue off the menu, perhaps you will just lose a lot of customers coming to your restaurant that you counted on before since they have no reason to also order your highest revenue menu items since they no longer want to go to the restaurant.
Mind Blown GIF

I hate what the SEC and what the BIG are doing to college football but unfortunately they are holding all the cards. Sankey knows that, hence his arrogance. A Super League does not benefit him or the SEC (or the BIG). He is saying that they don't need the rest of us. If they want, the SEC and BIG can form their own NFL-lite league, and they probably will. You can say you won't watch SEC or BIG games, but plenty of people will and not just people in those geographic footprints. I will watch UGA - Texas, Bama-Tenn, Ohio St- Michigan, USC-Oregon. I will watch those games before I watch NC St - Stanford or TCU- OK St. I am just being honest. Now will I watch Rutgers-Purdue or Miss St-Vandy? No, but I will watch the behemoths battle it out (just like millions of others accross the country. Bama-UGA drew almost 12M viewers). I know this will not be a popular take on this board but I'm just being realistic.
They aren't holding all the cards at all. Every other conference can refuse to schedule them. Have fun playing each other's conferences SEC and BIG10. We won't lose any viewers taking you off the schedule, but your programs sure as hell won't be happy with the same schedule every year.

I hate what the SEC and what the BIG are doing to college football but unfortunately they are holding all the cards. Sankey knows that, hence his arrogance. A Super League does not benefit him or the SEC (or the BIG). He is saying that they don't need the rest of us. If they want, the SEC and BIG can form their own NFL-lite league, and they probably will. You can say you won't watch SEC or BIG games, but plenty of people will and not just people in those geographic footprints. I will watch UGA - Texas, Bama-Tenn, Ohio St- Michigan, USC-Oregon. I will watch those games before I watch NC St - Stanford or TCU- OK St. I am just being honest. Now will I watch Rutgers-Purdue or Miss St-Vandy? No, but I will watch the behemoths battle it out (just like millions of others accross the country. Bama-UGA drew almost 12M viewers). I know this will not be a popular take on this board but I'm just being realistic.

Said it better than I could.
All due respect, I see alot of whining about not watching anymore SEC/B1G games but if we're being honest, that is what big-time CFB is nowadays. And as someone mentioned, if the younger coveted demographic will watch , then that's all that matters to the networks, and the conferences.
The fact is if you're a fan of college football you'll be watching. Obviously, if you're a fan of Syracuse then you'll also be watching. To get others to watch us, we have to win. And until any of that happens, we're on the outside looking in.
Finally, what I'm experiencing is preemptive apathy towards this sport. I'll watch the 'Cuse, but anything other than that, I'm become apathetic towards it.

I just don't think you can take a hard line on 60, 64, 70 or whatever the number of teams is. There should be a mechanism to promote/demote X # or X% of teams every year to the super conference.

Fixed football conferences/divisions based on geography are dead.

Football divisions should have a couple of each tier (Kings, Barons, Knights, Peasants) loosely based on geography.

it's about the match ups for TV

hey FSU, you're a Peasant

They aren't holding all the cards at all. Every other conference can refuse to schedule them. Have fun playing each other's conferences SEC and BIG10. We won't lose any viewers taking you off the schedule, but your programs sure as hell won't be happy with the same schedule every year.
I don't think they really care about scheduling teams from outside their conferences. Say they end up at 40 or so teams (20 each for SEC and BIG). Basically they have a NFL model. They do hold the cards,. I hate to say it but we don't matter to them.

To add to my previous post, there may be pressure (from ESPN, FOX, whomever) for the SEC and BIG to drop their dead weight for TV purposes if they form their own league. Looking at you Vandy, Miss St, Rutgers, Purdue, etc... That would be interesting, would they drop schools who have been in the league for decades? Probably ($$$$)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom