ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I am hoping the PAC stays together and sign their GOR, maybe the ACC can work out a deal for crossover games? Anything to bring in a few extra bucks, get the ACC a few late night games on ESPN and get the PAC a few early games on Amazon.
I have to believe the winning percentage for teams playing OOC late night games against a PAC opponent is very low.

I have to believe the winning percentage for teams playing OOC late night games against a PAC opponent is very low.
IF it generates revenue that keeps our conference from being picked a part and brings more $$ into Syracuse we should take our chances. Obviously this may not even be an option.

If the end game is 3, 24 team leagues and a team can only qualify for the playoffs if they are a member of one of those leagues, then ND will capitulate. That alone would make this all worthwhile.,
Unlikely, but I guess one can dream.

Actually the SEC could trump the Big by adding the ACC, for your first Super Conference. Notre Dame would come outside of football. But they from what I have heard have wanted to schedule Texas on a regular basis.
Texas is one of their traditional recruiting areas.

Texas is one of their traditional recruiting areas.
And they do not have to play the Longhorns or even Aggies to meet their TX needs. They could do that with a rotating schedule that includes Baylor and TCU and Texas Tech.

I’ve been saying it for a couple years now.. I kind of hope Syracuse “misses out” on whatever this is becoming and plays in whatever is left of college football.

I’d rather watch something closer to real college football and have an actual shot at winning then watch nonsensical minor league football that only exists because it makes a couple guys more rich
Army, Navy, BC, Wake, Duke, SU, SMU, Tulane, maybe Pitt and Georgia Tech would be a good core. Miami will always be delusional about a return to the glory days.
Try and prioritize OOC games among ND, Northwestern, Stanford and Vanderbilt, the last three of which will always be bottom dwellers in their conferences. Also Colgate and Holy Cross.

SEC should add the entire ACC then it would be a done deal
Then do a relegation season.

Bottom four teams are booted from conference and they settle at 24 teams

Thinking outside the box

Find a way to send a boatload of money for the rest of the ACC to split and then go suck in a different conference... then whine what a dumb move it was.

Something interesting keeps popping up probably all BS but way more talk about a merger… if pac meeting would end we could get some real news, probably taking 30 mins to reflect being illegal on indigenous lands.

I would love to see FSU set themselves to having to do the full payout all years to the ACC and then watch the B10 or SEC make them a lowball 5 year probationary offer. That. Would. Be. AWESOME.

As I said the other day. These schools are no longer “playing” CFB for glory, success of students (that was debatable before anyway), tradition, or national relevance. It’s primarily for money. These schools are joining conferences they have almost no chance of being successful except once in a great while. They don’t care. It’s only to increase the payday.

We are know in the college era where:

3-9 record but a SEC membership far outweighed a 9-3 record in 2nd or 3rd tier conference.

Simple economics says this isn’t actually sustainable. So I’m curious not just how this plays out for the ACC in the next 10 years but CFB in general. If the same teams are the front runners most years, as a Syracuse fan I have zero interest in that. I don’t see that too many CFB fans will find that engaging either. There’s no parity like there is in the NFL. So I just don’t see how long term, 2 decades from now, viewership and engagement in CFB doesn’t decrease. It’ll be interesting to see it play out.

Army, Navy, BC, Wake, Duke, SU, SMU, Tulane, maybe Pitt and Georgia Tech would be a good core. Miami will always be delusional about a return to the glory days.
Try and prioritize OOC games among ND, Northwestern, Stanford and Vanderbilt, the last three of which will always be bottom dwellers in their conferences. Also Colgate and Holy Cross.
Northwestern played in the B10 championship game two years ago and Stanford has appeared in multiple Rose Bowls in recent history.

As I said the other day. These schools are no longer “playing” CFB for glory, success of students (that was debatable before anyway), tradition, or national relevance. It’s primarily for money. These schools are joining conferences they have almost no chance of being successful except once in a great while. They don’t care. It’s only to increase the payday.

We are know in the college era where:

3-9 record but a SEC membership far outweighed a 9-3 record in 2nd or 3rd tier conference.

Simple economics says this isn’t actually sustainable. So I’m curious not just how this plays out for the ACC in the next 10 years but CFB in general. If the same teams are the front runners most years, as a Syracuse fan I have zero interest in that. I don’t see that too many CFB fans will find that engaging either. There’s no parity like there is in the NFL. So I just don’t see how long term, 2 decades from now, viewership and engagement in CFB doesn’t decrease. It’ll be interesting to see it play out.
I don't need to post any more because you are speaking for me, in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom