ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 213 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Was reading that the remaining PAC will merge with the AAC. SDSU and UConn to join Big 12.

What exactly does FSU want? Have they actually said or are they just acting out to get kicked out or lower their buyout? Have they ever mentioned ways on how to improve the ACC $ situation?

LOL that ship sailed.
Big 12 has authorization to add 2 more teams in their media contract. Yormark said he wants to use those 2 slots to strengthen their basketball profile, I think the window is still open.

Big 12 has authorization to add 2 more teams in their media contract. Yormark said he wants to use those 2 slots to strengthen their basketball profile, I think the window is still open.
UCONN bubbled for like 2 seconds before the Big XII realized they could get Arizona to fill that role.

Their joining Hockey East and the ACC is geared to the idea that the bulk of ND alums are on each coast and Chicago, not spread throughout the Midwest. More of their alums can see them play if their away games are in the ACCs footprint than can see them in Madison, Lincoln, or Bloomington, for that matter. There are just 3 Eastern venues in the B1G, State College, College Park, and Piscataway. There are 4 ACC venues in NC alone. As far as the hockey realignment is concerned, apparently they did have that power for hockey alone. I guess the schools gave them the permission they required to act. They did not leave Hockey East voluntarily.
I understand why ND first joined the Big East and then the ACC for all sports other than football and why they joined Hockey East after the CCHA disbanded. In my (admittedly quick) google search, I have not seen any articles indicating that ND was forced by the NCAA or anyone else to join B1G hockey. In fact, they had to pay a exit fee to Hockey East when leaving. Here is a good article discussing the move.

What exactly does FSU want? Have they actually said or are they just acting out to get kicked out or lower their buyout? Have they ever mentioned ways on how to improve the ACC $ situation?
They're pulling a Frank Costanza: " They think they're better than us"...as in, the ACC.

Why do guys like McMurphy not see that they’re being played by their school sources? The GOR is basically unbreakable. FSU will lose that fight and be forced to give up their media rights for more than a decade. Talk about program suicide. The people in charge at FSU are idiots.

Why do guys like McMurphy not see that they’re being played by their school sources? The GOR is basically unbreakable. FSU will lose that fight and be forced to give up their media rights for more than a decade. Talk about program suicide. The people in charge at FSU are idiots.
I face palm sometimes the things we do but FSU Administration are complete morons.

They all do it. Woj and Shams are basically agent PR people. Schefter basically had it leaked he was having releases proofed by teams.

It's all dumb.

I think Big 12 was waiting for 08-15-23 to see if ACC implodes. I’m sure they would rather pick up Pitt, Cuse or Louisville over UConn. As you stated, they have been approved for 2 more additions by 12- 2023

IMO Now that ACC is intact, big 12 will add UConn and either SD or SMU. If ACC implodes within the next year, they will likely go after the old BE FB schools except BC to have regional comp with Cinci and WV. I think Cuse may also have a shot with Big 10.

One word: Clickbait.

I think Big 12 was waiting for 08-15-23 to see if ACC implodes. I’m sure they would rather pick up Pitt, Cuse or Louisville over UConn. As you stated, they have been approved for 2 more additions by 12- 2023

IMO Now that ACC is intact, big 12 will add UConn and either SD or SMU. If ACC implodes within the next year, they will likely go after the old BE FB schools except BC to have regional comp with Cinci and WV. I think Cuse may also have a shot with Big 10.
Yes. There has been talk since the 4 corners teams went in that the Big 12 wanted to add the Zags and the Huskies for basketball only. Now I'm thinking the 4 corners teams and BYU like the idea of SDSU so they can play in and recruit `SoCal.

One word: Clickbait.
Exactly. What's going to get more reads from Joe Sportsfan: the latest "rumours" on schools changing conferences, which can be revised daily with ZERO consequences; or a breakdown of the legalese in the GOR with a description of the implications?

Re Texas

I think it is only worth having 2 schools. IMO Texas Tech given its size and quality teams is the best. Houston has the most potential though. Can they reach it? TCU has a small but very good fanbase. That makes them a player. SMU’s money makes them one as well but it is a little risky. Baylor has good sports but long term I think they are last.

I think it is easier to take SMU now and add one other later than it will be to not get into Texas now and get 2 later.
From a fan perspective, Lubbock is probably the least desirable TX road trip destination.

Unless you’re a big Buddy Holly fan… ;)

Even if the GOR wasn’t as long, I doubt FSU gets an invite until 2030. There is no incentive to add them any earlier. And that is assuming anyone wants FSU. I will be surprised if they aren’t still in the ACC in 2032.

Not long after WV joined the B12 we heard about how FSU was leaving for their Tier 3 Gazillions. That never happened. Kinda wished they did and they died off in the B12 while UCF joined the ACC and flourished. Oh well.

Didn’t realize so many B18 games were headed to Peacock. That sucks all around. B18 fans are forced to get Peacock and a lot of non B18 fans won’t see those games.

From a fan perspective, Lubbock is probably the least desirable TX road trip destination.

Unless you’re a big Buddy Holly fan… ;)
That is true, but what matters most is that the largest number of TTU alums by far live in the DFW TV market.

Well, all of this is about football, and there is a large amount of football talent in the San Diego TV market, which does not have an NFL team. And both ASU and UAZ have a huge number of alums living in southern CA, and both recruit there as much as they recruit AZ. SDSU is the school the Big 12 now needs.

It’s better for the ACC to have FSU it really is but I wish they would have a actually tried it and got screwed over, now we have to hear all this nonsense for another 365 days…… “next year we are out of here” I can hear it now.

If a team won't be here long term shouldn't they abstain? Why hurt the left behinds?
Are you certain that FSU is certain it will not be in the ACC in 10 years? Beyond that, I say that adding Cal and Stanford without also getting real value from the Pac, like Oregon and Washington, is even stupider for the ACC than adding BC was.

Are you certain that FSU is certain it will not be in the ACC in 10 years? Beyond that, I say that adding Cal and Stanford without also getting real value from the Pac, like Oregon and Washington, is even stupider for the ACC than adding BC was.
Fsu is saber rattling and looking dumber in the process They overvalue themselves and think everyone wants them, which is not the case.
Even the big 2 might be rethinking things after seeing their latest temper tantrum, especially considering they'd be an also-ran in either conference should they ever get in. Who needs another diva biotching and moaning about everything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom