ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 346 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Costs. NCSU and Wake used to play lacrosse, but the programs got Title 9ed.
Wake has always been a club team. UVa's varsity never played them. 4-1 vs. NCSU who has a player in the HoF, Stan Cockerton.

Regarding the ACCN, that would be something that within the deal I could see be subject to revocation, as in if ESPN didn’t hit certain numbers they could revoke their obligation to have a dedicated network. They might want to do that without terminating the entire agreement.

Dedicated network is a bit rich by today's standard.

The streaming arm (ACCNX), where most all the overflow games go, is simply ESPN+ with C-tier ESPN commentators calling the games. It's really not a dedicated network at all.

That said, it's at least better than RSN.

Wake has always been a club team. UVa's varsity never played them. 4-1 vs. NCSU who has a player in the HoF, Stan Cockerton.
For some reason I thought Wake had moved up briefly. I guess I just misremember Wake people talking of hopefully of moving up, and Title IX meant there was never going to be money for that.

Cockerton was a 1 man show. And what a show.

That's weird, I thought the Pac 12 was looking at Texas State.

I am surprised the Pac 12 hasn't gone after New Mexico St, well yet anyway. They're off on an island in CUSA and would seem like a decent fit with the recent additions.

Last edited:
That's weird, I thought the Pac 12 was looking at Texas State.

I am surprised the Pac 12 hasn't gone after New Mexico St, well yet anyway. They're off on an island in CUSA and would seem like a decent fit with the recent additions.
Sacramento St is their best play

Do you mean San Jose St? Sacramento St is a FCS school.
No...Sac St. They are the better long term add. I'm not sure they would qualify for the 8th add with the NCAA.

20th biggest TV market only the Kings for pro sports.

They could be the west coast version of UCF.

Last edited:
NY native and Syracuse grad Greg Sankey is uniquely evil.

With ever-changing conference lineups, a complicated web of state laws governing NIL and transfer rules that vary by league, many fans, coaches, athletic directors and media members have called for some sense of top-down order in college football. For some, that could possibly come in the form of a "college football commissioner" who could wield power and settle disputes between schools and conferences.

SEC commissioner Greg Sankey is not one of those people.

During an appearance on the Triple Option podcast, Sankey said centralizing power in college football would only be an attempt by the the rest of the sport to catch up with the SEC.

"I've studied it a little bit and I come back to, I don't want to dumb down the Southeastern Conference to be a part of some super league notion with 70 teams that some people speculate would happen," Sankey said. "They want to be us and that's on them to figure it out, not on me to bring myself back to earth."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom