ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 349 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

It means iconic teams playing in historic venues with grade A television production will get eyeballs
True but for me, when we had the Robinson years I lost a lot of interest watching college football because SU wasn't competitive.

If SU's not in this I won't have a problem doing something else, again that's me and how this would turn me off of the sport. I can't project how others will feel and to be honest that's not my job like it is the networks or whoever does the broadcasting of the games.

True but for me, when we had the Robinson years I lost a lot of interest watching college football because SU wasn't competitive.

If SU's not in this I won't have a problem doing something else, again that's me and how this would turn me off of the sport. I can't project how others will feel and to be honest that's not my job like it is the networks or whoever does the broadcasting of the games.
Same

Same.

And this is why at some point the SEC and B1G will raid the ACC and B12 for whatever value is there. They'll divvy up UNC, UVA, Miami, FSU, Clemson, GaTech, the Arizonas, Utah, Colorado, etc.

Then there will be two, ~24 school, power conferences. Which is enough fanbase and geographic coverage to maintain ratings and subscriptions.
Whomever is left over will congeal into a 1/2 power conference.

And this is why at some point the SEC and B1G will raid the ACC and B12 for whatever value is there. They'll divvy up UNC, UVA, Miami, FSU, Clemson, GaTech, the Arizonas, Utah, Colorado, etc.

Then there will be two, ~24 school, power conferences. Which is enough fanbase and geographic coverage to maintain ratings and subscriptions.
Whomever is left over will congeal into a 1/2 power conference.
Just about the most grim post on the subject I've seen. Ga Tech ahead of us. This would make me quit sports all together.

Just about the most grim post on the subject I've seen. Ga Tech ahead of us. This would make me quit sports all together.
Yeah there will be more than a few good schools left on the outside looking in, more than just us for sure

I still think 30 teams works best (although we could get left out from that).

Big Ten and SEC would consist of 6 team divisions and play 10 conference games. So you play regional rivals yearly and lose no games from the old setups.

B1G...

PAC 8 division- currently they have USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon. IMO Stanford would make the most sense but you could argue Cal instead.

Big 8/WAC division- currently they have Nebraska. Potential fits are Kansas, Colorado, Iowa State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah.

B1G West division- Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Northwestern

B1G East division- Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana

Eastern Indy division- currently they have Penn State and Rutgers (although you could argue having Maryland here). Notre Dame would fit. Then potentially Syracuse, BC, Pitt, UConn.

ACC division- currently they have Maryland. Potential fits FSU, Miami, GA Tech, Clemson, UNC, Duke, NC State, UVA, Virginia Tech.

SEC...

MWC/WAC division- potential fits Fresno State, San Diego State, UNLV, BYU, Utah, Colorado State, Boise State, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal.

Big 8 division- they already have Oklahoma and Missouri. Potential fits Colorado, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State.

SWC division- they already have Texas, A&M, and Arkansas. Potential fits Houston, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, SMU.

SEC West division- LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Alabama, Auburn.

SEC East division- Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky.

ACC division- they already have South Carolina. Potential fits FSU, Miami, Clemson, GA Tech, UNC, NC State, Duke, UVA, VA Tech, Louisville.

P5s with no shot- Wake, Oregon State, Washington State, West Virginia, Cincinnati, UCF.

States with no shot- Delaware, West Virginia, New Mexico, Wyoming, Hawaii.

I suppose you could include a third 30 team conference and have the 90 teams break away. Then you can include every state but Hawaii.

Leftover conference...

Two PAC/MWC/WAC divisions- potentially Oregon State, Washington State, Cal or Stanford, Fresno State, Boise State, Colorado State, San Jose State, Nevada, Utah State, Wyoming, Air Force, New Mexico.

Big 12 division- potentially Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Houston, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU, SMU

Big East division- potentially West Virginia, Pitt, Cincinnati, USF, UCF, Temple, Louisville, BC, SU, UConn.

ACC/AAC division- potentially Wake, Duke, USF, UCF, ECU, Tulane, Memphis, FAU, Army, Navy, Delaware

Division of leftover leftovers- whatever makes sense from the above teams. Most likely a Big East/ACC/AAC grouping.

If you did go to 90 then you can have your conference playoffs consisting of the 6 division champs and four wildcards (10 of 30). Then have a national playoff with the 3 conference champs and two wildcards (5 of 90). That is a ton of playoffs, but playoffs is where the $ is made.

I would imagine we would be selected ahead of GaTech.

We're definitely on the outside looking in? Is your source Scooch?
No just don't think we make the cut if the final result is the Big 10 /SEC merger with a few other schools picked to round it out.

Syracuse has a chance because of NYS. Plus there will be a need for eastern teams. I can see Pitt SU and BC all getting in.

Syracuse has a chance because of NYS. Plus there will be a need for eastern teams. I can see Pitt SU and BC all getting in.
That would be delightful, hope I'm wrong for sure

JW and others knows this, hence the investment in football. We need to get good in a hurry and be consistent. Eyeballs and perception is what will save us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom