ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 350 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I agree with you; the only way Syracuse gets into the Big 10 is if they expand to 30. I could see Syracuse getting in ahead of BC, with a BIG10 East including ND, PSU, RU, MD, UVA, UNC, DUKE, GT, and MIAMI.

That’s my dream scenario for Syracuse in the Big 10
Personally I prefer a conference heavy along the Atlantic Seaboard.

Personally I prefer a conference heavy along the Atlantic Seaboard.

In an ideal world I would like to see us play from the following groups, one home and one away: BC/UConn, Army/Navy, Rutgers/Temple, Pitt/WV, Penn State/VA Tech, plus Maryland opposite of Navy. That leaves room for 1 OOC to schedule.

For example...

Year 1
Home: MD, PSU, WV, BC, Temple, Army
Away: OOC, VT, Pitt, UConn, RU, Navy

Year 2
Home: OOC, VT, Pitt, UConn, RU, Navy
Away: MD, PSU, WV, BC, Temple. Army

In an ideal world I would like to see us play from the following groups, one home and one away: BC/UConn, Army/Navy, Rutgers/Temple, Pitt/WV, Penn State/VA Tech, plus Maryland opposite of Navy. That leaves room for 1 OOC to schedule.

For example...

Year 1
Home: MD, PSU, WV, BC, Temple, Army
Away: OOC, VT, Pitt, UConn, RU, Navy

Year 2
Home: OOC, VT, Pitt, UConn, RU, Navy
Away: MD, PSU, WV, BC, Temple. Army
I don't mind the NC teams/ Wake/UNC/NCSt/Clemson either
Louisville etc.

Plus 1 or 2 Florida teams

Basically the ACC
I agree. Honestly most of them are not bad games or teams, and have been good games/teams to play. The one or two long road trip games aren't bad either every few years, but SU really needs to get off of having a 'home game' taken away and played in NYC... It just is old.

Just for a side note, if the SEC, Big and the Networks go through with a 40 team superconference, there will be lawsuits.
And there are 538 congressmen who will effectively have most of their schools shut out.
There is no way that they let that happen. Their would be a lot of investigations from the IRS, and many of the other branches of the Government. The heads of the Networks better not have any emails or papers from people they fired.
When MLB moved to take over MiLB and eliminate many teams, the GM of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans made the same argument to me. I told him that he was sorely mistaken as MLB didn't care about a bunch of back benches. They owned the big boys. Same thing here. It's all about the money and who can buy themselves a Congress. Sad but true.
Only difference is CFB doesn't have the only antitrust exemption on the planet - that belongs to MLB.

I agree. Honestly most of them are not bad games or teams, and have been good games/teams to play. The one or two long road trip games aren't bad either every few years, but SU really needs to get off of having a 'home game' taken away and played in NYC... It just is old.

What SU really needs is to do is encourage the schedule makers to stop acting like games are not allowed to be played in the Dome in the month of October. Two straight years now we've had the entire month of October with no home games. 38 days in between home games last season and 35 days between home games this season.

I shouldn't have to tell the other season ticket holders in my section that "I hope they have a fun Halloween" after a game on September 28th.

What SU really needs is to do is encourage the schedule makers to stop acting like games are not allowed to be played in the Dome in the month of October. Two straight years now we've had the entire month of October with no home games. 38 days in between home games last season and 35 days between home games this season.

I shouldn't have to tell the other season ticket holders in my section that "I hope they have a fun Halloween" after a game on September 28th.
Thats a good point... For a change I'd like to not be freezing in November during tailgates. 2 weeks no home game is fine, but the bye week should not then have 2 away games before or after etc.

Back to back conference games at home or on the road should be rare. Yet somehow we often have 3 out of 4 on the road with a bye on top of that.

Part of this was self inflicted last season (Pitt) but our longest stretch each year (not including 2020 as that was messed up)...

2013 a 49 day stretch with only one game in the Dome
2014 22 days to start the season with only one game
2015 another 49 days with only one game
2016 56 days with only one game
2017 43 days with only one game
2018 last 28 days of the season with only one game
2019 another 43 days with only one game
2021 yet another 43 days with only one game
2022 another last 28 days with only one game
2023 another 56* days with only one game
2024 yet another 56 days with only one game

So since joining the ACC we average a 43 day stretch with only one home game. That typically comes out to one home game, 3 road games, and a bye.

Back to back conference games at home or on the road should be rare. Yet somehow we often have 3 out of 4 on the road with a bye on top of that.

Part of this was self inflicted last season (Pitt) but our longest stretch each year (not including 2020 as that was messed up)...

So since joining the ACC we average a 43 day stretch with only one home game. That typically comes out to one home game, 3 road games, and a bye.

DAMN FINE ANALYSIS... That schedule alone demoralizes me reading it. I Think that is when I first bought season tickets too...

Get a load of this:

Shafer
2013 a 49 day stretch with only one game in the Dome (RECORD: 7-6)
2014 22 days to start the season with only one game .(RECORD 3-9)
2015 another 49 days with only one game (RECORD 4-8)

Babers
2016 56 days with only one game (RECORD 4-8)
2017 43 days with only one game (RECORD-4-8)
2018 last 28 days of the season with only one game (RECORD 10-3)
2019 another 43 days with only one game (RECORD 5-7)
2020 (RECORD 1-10)
2021 yet another 43 days with only one game (RECORD 5-7)
2022 another last 28 days with only one game (RECORD 7-6)
2023 another 56* days with only one game (RECORD 6-7) (Babers: 5-6)

Brown
2024 yet another 56 days with only one game (5-1 CURRENT)

Yet to be seen but we did the best when we played with better schedules not being away for so long. Other than Shafer and Brown it holds we have a bad season with being away for extended times.

Great news for the SEC and Disney.

Bad news for CBS and the B1G. And the ACC.
Looks like SEC is cornering the market, which I get since they got some of the best teams. Shows how the ACC and the rest get left out just like the FSU playoff stuff last year. Although they aren't that great this year. It all about ratings and the $$$$... No wonder we got ACC jump ship things going on. Sounds like the SEC needs an out of league beat down, but that is hard to do with all those teams are is about $$$ and NIL free flowing pay for play cash which you know happens, but wont admit.

Every other conference is just lucky to get an ESPN game day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom