ACC Presidents to Discuss ACCnetwork-(from otherside) | Syracusefan.com

ACC Presidents to Discuss ACCnetwork-(from otherside)

arbitragegls

All Conference
Morning...been a while though no whispers actually meant no stoppage...and now it begins with a real discussion. As indicated below, John Thrasher, the President of FSU, has stated that the ACC Presidents of member colleges will have on their agenda this coming week the ACCnetwork. This continues the movement toward the ACCnetwork that has been discussed here previously.

www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/174594

This is important because as we know, the Presidents' will make the decision to go or not to go for the ACCnetwork...the Ninja will recommend along with the ADs but the Presidents will determine the future.
As previously told to FSU's BOT by the AD, the concept of the ACCnetwork is moving forward. I will say that similar discussions have been held on other campuses with Board of Directors etc.

As the payside (STEALTH side) knows, the discussion is not if but when and what the ACCnetwork will be.
Let's look at a few important points:
1. ACC has the largest territory-eye balls of any conference
2. ACC has the highest rated digital network (streaming etc) of any conference--most users
3. ACC has 14 teams + Notre Dame that make its olympic sports very good content especially since its olympic sports is one of the strongest, if not strongest conference, in many sports
4. Football is strong...note 2 teams projected in top 10 for 2015-2016 with another 2 in top 25 and another two in top 30...include ND
5. Basketball continues to stand tall and provides additional content for the forthcoming ACCnetwork
6. ESPN the chief partner for the ACCnetwork has recently signed with Dish (others to come soon) to provide for a streaming of ESPN3 etc at low cost...note that often attacked Raycom...is on leading edge of digital and most likely will be part of the ACCnetwork--ACC-ESPN--Raycom (discussed previously).
7. CFP is making ESPN significant dollars...SECN is successful...giving rise to positive impact of ACCnetwork.

Prediction: the Presidents will continue to push forward...even if the ACC Conference must anti-up funds to cover a good portion of the ACCnetwork.
Timing: Announcement within 9 months and up and running by Fall '16-early '17 as previously discussed.

Happy New Year to all...I can tell you that international business travel is no longer fun especially when it is 6 weeks at a time...and often.

It is Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

As long as all the SU games are available on my TV, I'm happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom