ACC Schedule Release: Thurs 9 AM | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule Release: Thurs 9 AM

There’s nothing puzzling about it. It’s a football game. The schools are honoring the contracts they had in place with Liberty long before Covid was a thing. Everyone is playing the wait and see game. If there isn’t an outbreak traced back to Liberty, why cancel the game or find a replacement opponent?

Why honor the Liberty contract vs the Western Michigan contract for SU?

Why honor the Liberty contract vs the Troy contract for NC State?

At least with VT they can make the argument that it made sense to keep as it’s an in-state game but with NCSU and SU too it seems strange.

Seminole tribe can say no?

We all live in glass houses. I don't agree with every ACC school mission but we agreed to this family and we play these teams yearly.

but this is a decision we made to engage Liberty. I'd rather not.

I personally find Liberty creepy. But whatever they've seemed to agree to certain protocols to play other ACC schools. If they don't meet it they don't play.

And it's not like they need our money, they have plenty of money.

Why honor the Liberty contract vs the Troy contract for NC State?

At least with VT they can make the argument that it made sense to keep as it’s an in-state game but with NCSU and SU too it seems strange.
We can’t play a nonconference game on the road. Is why the WMU game got cut.

I would rather we scheduled Buffalo which lost a game at Ohio State than play a University that isn’t taking coronavirus seriously like Liberty.

Does Western Michigan get a say? Because they are going to South Bend. I'm guessing it was their preference.

Does Western Michigan get a say? Because they are going to South Bend. I'm guessing it was their preference.

I doubt teams got much of a say. I don't see 1/5 of the conference saying they preferred Liberty as their one OOC game. Looks like it was just easiest to keep them on the schedule for the ACC and build the conference schedule around that.

Did any of the ACC teams get an OOC game that wasn't previously on the schedule?

They were already scheduled to play at ND on Sept 19.

We can’t play a nonconference game on the road. Is why the WMU game got cut.

I would rather we scheduled Buffalo which lost a game at Ohio State than play a University that isn’t taking coronavirus seriously like Liberty.

Again, I know the running theme is that they aren’t taking it seriously. But here’s their operating plan for the fall for covid precautions.

So let's say a team is unable to play due to the virus.

Is that an automatic win for their opponent?
Probably go down as "no contest".

Just like when games are canceled due to hurricanes.
i think first they would try to reschedule it around the 2 byes or the built in extra week in december 12th

Again, I know the running theme is that they aren’t taking it seriously. But here’s their operating plan for the fall for covid precautions.

Seems like a pretty big hole in the plan to me when you're bringing 15,000 students on campus.

Playing Liberty was a joke long before covid. It’s gross that we give them money and attention.

I don't understand this reasoning at all.

I long for the days when if you hated a team or institution you actually wanted to play them and pound them into submission.

I never understood the, hey we don't like those guys or what they stand for so lets just take our football and go home and not play.

SU's money, not yours that is being given to them and clearly they have plenty so what they get from SU isn't going to change them one bit.

I am not a fan either, so when we do play them, just pound them, it's much easier than complainingand more fun to witness.

I personally find Liberty creepy. But whatever they've seemed to agree to certain protocols to play other ACC schools. If they don't meet it they don't play.

And it's not like they need our money, they have plenty of money.
Agree on creepy!

Seems like a pretty big hole in the plan to me when you're bringing 15,000 students on campus.
How many universities across the country are doing that though? Some are requiring a test prior to arrival on campus, but most aren’t.

For the health and safety of our players I would prefer if we didn’t play Liberty.

I don’t trust their administration to keep their players safe they could endanger our players.

Buffalo or Army would have been safer. Hell I would have played at buffalo rather than just hosting Liberty.

We don't play Liberty until Mid Oct, so we'll know (or should know) by then if they have done things appropriately or not.

How is any school other than BC going to be able to travel to Syracuse to play a game (under current restrictions)? I must be missing something?

How is any school other than BC going to be able to travel to Syracuse to play a game (under current restrictions)? I must be missing something?

I think NYS can provide temporary relief so to speak, if the school/program provides information on their testing procedures. Presumably the ACC will work with state/local officials so that any red tape goes away.

Schedule stacks up a lot better then initially though. Playing nc first is difficult but having nd last is a plus.
Still think the season gets postponed.
This season will either be played or canceled, postponement is not in the cards.

Seminole tribe can say no?

We all live in glass houses. I don't agree with every ACC school mission but we agreed to this family and we play these teams yearly.

but this is a decision we made to engage Liberty. I'd rather not.
There you go we agreed to play them, whether you personally like them or not. I bet their are people that do not want us playing ND for some stupid non football issue. I would not listen to them either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom