ACC Schedule Release: Thurs 9 AM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule Release: Thurs 9 AM

Playing Liberty was a joke long before covid. It’s gross that we give them money and attention.

Wow. You do know Syracuse had some issues with this in the 70s. It has nothing to do with playing a game, and may help eventually get Liberty to be more moderate.

Why honor the Liberty contract vs the Western Michigan contract for SU?

Why honor the Liberty contract vs the Troy contract for NC State?

At least with VT they can make the argument that it made sense to keep as it’s an in-state game but with NCSU and SU too it seems strange.
WMU was an away game simple as that..

Syracuse requires a negative Covid test result to return to campus.

What's stopping them from getting it after they've arrived? You'd have to have a lot of trust in these kids to not go to off campus parties or congregate. They're not going to stay holed up in their rooms. It's a risk everyone is going to have to accept test or not before returning.

This whole Liberty nonsense is tiring. Wasn’t there supposed to be a huge outbreak on that campus when they reopened earlier in the spring? When all the media outlets were spreading outrage over it? There was no outbreak. A few students and faculty got it, and that was it. And now the school is suing these media outlets for libel.

I get that the school is run by conservatives, and conservatives are evil according to the narrative. But the game is over a month away. Let’s see how things go. As mentioned above, 2 other ACC schools are playing them too.

no - it's not conservatives, it's idiots who happen to be conservative in this specific case. I think it's more likely that they are lucky to be in a state that isn't run by an idiot who also happens to not be a conservative

Our season opening game opponent is preseason #19 in the just released coaches poll.

Clemson #1, Notre Dame #10, North Carolina #19, Virginia Tech #24.

Our season opening game opponent is preseason #19 in the just released coaches poll.

I'm not up to my normal ACC scouting due to the end of the world - how did VaTech earn that? Last I checked they were not good

I'm not up to my normal ACC scouting due to the end of the world - how did VaTech earn that? Last I checked they were not good
Reputation and probably ACC coaches overranked them to get them into the polls.
Coaches are very bias at the bottom of the ballots.

Syracuse requires a negative Covid test result to return to campus.
Negative covid tests are approximately 20% inaccurate, so not sure how this helps for general student population. The athletes on the other hand have tested negative and are then in quarantine for 10 days, which makes them about 99% accurate for being covid free.
Liberty has agreed to follow these athlete protocols.

So we kick their butts just like Donovan McNabb did opening game at UNC as a frosh.

Chapel Hill in mid-September could be insufferably hot. Then you close in South Bend in December.

I personally find Liberty creepy. But whatever they've seemed to agree to certain protocols to play other ACC schools. If they don't meet it they don't play.

And it's not like they need our money, they have plenty of money.
If we can play Rutgers we can play anyone.

Oh the irony of these "holier than thou" posts lambasting Liberty. Weren't you recently calling SU greedy for even playing this year?

Oh the irony of these "holier than thou" posts lambasting Liberty. Weren't you recently calling SU greedy for even playing this year?
Re: SU vis-a-vis Liberty fanbases--

Which do you think is more likely to consider themselves literally holier than thou?

100% my 1st thought when looking at this schedule.

I'll have what you guys are drinking. And it's appropriate since it's 5 pm.

@UNC is a tall order. Adding the likely 2nd best ACC team, with their dynamic QB, was less than ideal.

And we haven't won @Pitt since Troy Nunes was a 13 year old sophomore. Please let this be the year.

I'll have what you guys are drinking. And it's appropriate since it's 5 pm.

@UNC is a tall order. Adding the likely 2nd best ACC team, with their dynamic QB, was less than ideal.

And we haven't won @Pitt since Troy Nunes was a 13 year old sophomore. Please let this be the year.
unc would get us in mid to late oct for sure, but i like the opener.

i hear ya pitt, but i dont fear them.

unc would get us in mid to late oct for sure, but i like the opener.

i hear ya pitt, but i dont fear them.

If we get thru those 2... the next 3 are all must wins. I'm as surprised at how hard the Maryland game turned out to be as I am by how easy the Duke game turned out to be last year.

Pitt games are almost always a flip of the coin. We're due there.

If we get thru those 2... the next 3 are all must wins. I'm as surprised at how hard the Maryland game turned out to be as I am by how easy the Duke game turned out to be last year.

Pitt games are almost always a flip of the coin. We're due there.

UNC is really good.

Re: SU vis-a-vis Liberty fanbases--

Which do you think is more likely to consider themselves literally holier than thou?
That's why this is so ironic. Who's looking down their noses at whom?

Last edited:
So instead of a guaranteed win against rutgirls in front of 60 pct orange fans we get to play in South Bend? Great

That's why this is so ironic. Who's looking down there noses at whom?

Falwell Jr parties like he’s a SU student so there really is no room for anything holy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom