ACC Schedule Release: Thurs 9 AM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Schedule Release: Thurs 9 AM

I just realized we are playing Wake Forest at home and at Louisville 2 years in a row.

Like the schedule. Like the extra week Pete gets to grow grass:)

From a football perspective, keeping Liberty on the schedule is the simplest things to do - same date/venue, existing contract. Everything else aside, I’m worried about their testing protocols when the school administrators think this pandemic is overhyped or a hoax. I’d rather not play our OOC if it means risking shutting down the season

From a football perspective, keeping Liberty on the schedule is the simplest things to do - same date/venue, existing contract. Everything else aside, I’m worried about their testing protocols when the school administrators think this pandemic is overhyped or a hoax. I’d rather not play our OOC if it means risking shutting down the season
For the health and safety of our players I would prefer if we didn’t play Liberty.

I don’t trust their administration to keep their players safe they could endanger our players.

Buffalo or Army would have been safer. Hell I would have played at buffalo rather than just hosting Liberty.

BTW even if we don’t play I gotta say looking at that schedule and seeing 4 Coastal opponents and 5 Atlantic division opponents is spectacular.

The NCAA needs to let this be the future even without ND.
Yeah it's a tougher road but more conference games is much better.

For the health and safety of our players I would prefer if we didn’t play Liberty.

I don’t trust their administration to keep their players safe they could endanger our players.

Buffalo or Army would have been safer. Hell I would have played at buffalo rather than just hosting Liberty.
Well, the good news is that we are not scheduled to play them early in the season.

If they do not have the right protocols in place, and do not do the things they need to do, they are going to have an outbreak and the game is going to be canceled.

If that happens, don't be surprised if SU has a backup plan and quickly schedules a replacement.

I wonder if SU could sue Liberty for medical/financial damages if it’s found that a hypothetical coronavirus outbreak could be traced to playing that team and the school was negligent in following protocol.

This whole Liberty nonsense is tiring. Wasn’t there supposed to be a huge outbreak on that campus when they reopened earlier in the spring? When all the media outlets were spreading outrage over it? There was no outbreak. A few students and faculty got it, and that was it. And now the school is suing these media outlets for libel.

I get that the school is run by conservatives, and conservatives are evil according to the narrative. But the game is over a month away. Let’s see how things go. As mentioned above, 2 other ACC schools are playing them too.

This whole Liberty nonsense is tiring. Wasn’t there supposed to be a huge outbreak on that campus when they reopened earlier in the spring? When all the media outlets were spreading outrage over it? There was no outbreak. A few students and faculty got it, and that was it. And now the school is suing these media outlets for libel.

I get that the school is run by conservatives, and conservatives are evil according to the narrative. But the game is over a month away. Let’s see how things go. As mentioned above, 2 other ACC schools are playing them too.

we somehow have shielded ourselves with conservative or liberal titles when it can be distilled to the simple equation of "are you an idiot or not?". Jerry Falwell is a pandering idiot who has snubbed his nose at Covid. You can drive fast and reckless and still not get killed.

There are pandering idiots in both parties. It's not a conservative thing. My issue is Syracuse even agreeing to deal with these bozos in the first place. They can have their zealotry but i'd rather MY school not participate with them if I had my druthers. Plenty of schools up here to play in the sandbox with.

we somehow have shielded ourselves with conservative or liberal titles when it can be distilled to the simple equation of "are you an idiot or not?". Jerry Falwell is a pandering idiot who has snubbed his nose at Covid. You can drive fast and reckless and still not get killed.

There are pandering idiots in both parties. It's not a conservative thing. My issue is Syracuse even agreeing to deal with these bozos in the first place. They can have their zealotry but i'd rather MY school not participate with them if I had my druthers. Plenty of schools up here to play in the sandbox with.

We play in a conference where a school pays off an Indian tribe so they can have a neat pre-game intro. We play a school that threw a portion of their student body under the bus with lack of due process. We play a school that spent 30 years running minority students through fake classes and sued for the right to do so. And then there is Louisville, so...

Tough schedule. I still don't think the season will finish though with the way covid is wracking things (and we will be heading into a flu/winter season).

Playing Liberty was a joke long before covid. It’s gross that we give them money and attention.

The ACC as a whole giving (keeping) Liberty 3 games is puzzling to me. It's the only school that made the OOC list more than once. Makes me also think the individual schools didn't have much say in the games and the ACC kept them out of convenience to build the conference schedule around.

The ACC as a whole giving (keeping) Liberty 3 games is puzzling to me. It's the only school that made the OOC list more than once. Makes me also think the individual schools didn't have much say in the games and the ACC kept them out of convenience to build the conference schedule around.
There’s nothing puzzling about it. It’s a football game. The schools are honoring the contracts they had in place with Liberty long before Covid was a thing. Everyone is playing the wait and see game. If there isn’t an outbreak traced back to Liberty, why cancel the game or find a replacement opponent?

So let's say a team is unable to play due to the virus.

Is that an automatic win for their opponent?

We play in a conference where a school pays off an Indian tribe so they can have a neat pre-game intro. We play a school that threw a portion of their student body under the bus with lack of due process. We play a school that spent 30 years running minority students through fake classes and sued for the right to do so. And then there is Louisville, so...

Seminole tribe can say no?

We all live in glass houses. I don't agree with every ACC school mission but we agreed to this family and we play these teams yearly.

but this is a decision we made to engage Liberty. I'd rather not.

Probably go down as "no contest".

Just like when games are canceled due to hurricanes.
My opinion means nothing here, but it should count in favor of bowl eligibility.

Their big guy does not appear to have been social distancing.

I just realized we are playing Wake Forest at home and at Louisville 2 years in a row.

BC two years straight at home as well. As much as last year's BC game felt like a road game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom