ACC schedule teaser... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule teaser...

Yeah, personally speaking, I'll be lucky to make one weeknight game -- two is out of the question.

And another front loaded schedule -- 3 at home to open the season. Ugh.
I'm in the same boat... Weeknight would be a dud for us. Friday night maybe, but Thursday, forget it.

Also tough to do the trek up 3 weekends in a row. Last year we actually made the most home games coming from NJ in years... So we'll see. Still optimistic for this season in general!

OrangeXtreme said:
I know everybody hates the MetLife games, but close your eyes and imagine this... 4-0 Syracuse vs 4-0 Notre Dame... ESPN College Gameday in the parking lot... Can you dig it? :cool:

Would still be better in the Dome.

:)

I know everybody hates the MetLife games, but close your eyes and imagine this...

4-0 Syracuse vs 4-0 Notre Dame...
ESPN College Gameday in the parking lot...

Can you dig it? :cool:

"You're in MetLife Stadium. The house is filled. The feeling is electric. The noise is deafening. You have a defense that's relentless. You have a special teams that has been well-coached. You have an offense that will not huddle. And you have a game that's faster than you've ever seen on turf."

"Open your eyes. That's going to be a reality. That's going to be Syracuse football."

Capt. Tuttle said:
25,000 ND fans and 10,000 SU fans, at home, yuck!!!

That would be a sellout.

cuseguy said:
That would be a sellout.

Maybe. We didn't sell out ND in 2003. Bad weather in the northeast may have kept it from achieving that. But one would've thought a home game against ND wouldn't need walk ups to sell out.

Scooch said:
Maybe. We didn't sell out ND in 2003. Bad weather in the northeast may have kept it from achieving that. But one would've thought a home game against ND wouldn't need walk ups to sell out.

My post was in response to both teams being 4-0.

SU and ND weren't very good in 2003.

OrangeBlood said:
My only slight critique is no BC after thanksgiving. Liked that 'rivalry' game. Nice that we can still play PITT, a traditional rival.

Yes, because nothing screams rivalry like sitting on ice covered bleachers with no students and a half full stadium watching a meaningless game. Get the rivalry angle but maybe that should be the conference opener instead of closer.

The 3 home games to start may be less than ideal for fans, but it's great for the team. Really like that we don't have to hit the road for basically 2 months after camp opens. Nice to get all the new game week routines of the new system firmly in place with minimal travel disruptions.

BC is October is fan-freakin-tactic.

Lots to like about this schedule.

BC is def at the right time. The weather will be perfect for football in Boston.

I'll be tailgating at Shea field w my BC JIhadist friends

need to put that colgate game on thursday 9/1.

unless its used as a rain date, the Yankees are off that day and ill need something to watch.

Not sure if that thurs rule that SU has that sucks about no games thurs but they need make exception. We need play thur like Lville the first week.

need to put that colgate game on thursday 9/1.

unless its used as a rain date, the Yankees are off that day and ill need something to watch.

Extra day to prep for Louisville too.

Last thing I'd be worried about for Colgate is attendance. There's a much bigger picture than that.

This schedule is very fair this year. If we rotate BC/Pitt as the season ender that would be great. Spliting up Louisville/Notre Dame/Clemson/ Florida State was done very fairly.

Enjoy the Metlife neutral-site road game this year. We won't be playing NJ again unless we move some games when the Dome renovation takes place.

BTW have we heard anything about the Dome renovation recently.

Not sure if that thurs rule that SU has that sucks about no games thurs but they need make exception. We need play thur like Lville the first week.
We can't play Thursday night football games while classes are in session. The parking lots are needed for students/professors.
We can get away with it during week 1 because school doesn't start till the following Monday and Friday night games are okay because there aren't any Friday night classes.

We played Wake Forest on Thursday night in 2011. So we can do it if we so choose. It will likely be Thursday or Friday though.

Extra day to prep for Louisville too.

Last thing I'd be worried about for Colgate is attendance. There's a much bigger picture than that.
take that game out of the student season ticket package...and give everyone a free one.

take that game out of the student season ticket package...and give everyone a free one.
Better idea is since you are paying 55k to go school just charge every kid 250 more bucks and give every student free admission.

Better idea is since you are paying 55k to go school just charge every kid 250 more bucks and give every student free admission.

I wonder what the real math is. Obviously not every student goes to games. So figure out how much money you'd typically like to get from a full student section for every football/hoops game, and divide that amount by student population. Wonder what that "activity fee" would come out to be.

Complicated schedule for me...first blush

Big Road Trip to UConn and Wake Forest. I'm probably out for Clemson and Notre Dame. Will try a small late season roadie to Pitt.
Pretty sure Crusty JohnCuse44 can run the Clemson roadie. BC is too much hassle...maybe cuseguy can come up with something

Home games: Toothpaste, Ville, Tampa Tech, VPI and NIT ST...last two TBD on external factors

Except for NCS, Wake Forest is probably the easiest setup of all the ACC venues - we can certainly help on that one. Mrs JJReddawg and Mrs Crusty will probably be available for Wake Forest again as well. Just let me know where you need us.

Nice, Thanksgiving with in-laws in western Pennsylvania and the league replaces our "rivalry" game with Pitt - looks like I'll get to sneak in an away game.

Six of those opponents are the same as the 2010 schedule - SU is going to need to do better against them this time around vs the 2010 season:

Syracuse 42 - Colgate 7
Syracuse 13 - USF 9
Pitt 45 - Syracuse 14
Louisville 28 - Syracuse 20
UConn 23 - Syracuse 6
BC 16 - Syracuse 7

Amazing that SU actually went bowling and beat K-State in a shootout that year. SU was 6-2 and coming off back-to-back road wins over WVU and Cincinnati before injuries caused what little offense they had to grind to a halt for the last 4 games (thank goodness Rutgers was still on the schedule so they could post one more win without actually needing an offense) - it was one of the many truly brutal stretches of "offense" that SU has trudged out there over the last 15 or 16 years.

Have I mentioned how friggin excited I am for Coach Babers and his offensive system!!

We charge each student $650 which gets them into all regular season athletic events for free (bball requires winning a lottery to get your free ticket) and gets UVa roundly criticized by the WaPo for charging so much and having students who don't care about athletics subsidizing the teams.

OrangeMojo said:
Six of those opponents are the same as the 2010 schedule - SU is going to need to do better against them this time around vs the 2010 season: Syracuse 42 - Colgate 7 Syracuse 13 - USF 9 Pitt 45 - Syracuse 14 Louisville 28 - Syracuse 20 UConn 23 - Syracuse 6 BC 16 - Syracuse 7 Amazing that SU actually went bowling and beat K-State in a shootout that year. SU was 6-2 and coming off back-to-back road wins over WVU and Cincinnati before injuries caused what little offense they had to grind to a halt for the last 4 games (thank goodness Rutgers was still on the schedule so they could post one more win without actually needing an offense) - it was one of the many truly brutal stretches of "offense" that SU has trudged out there over the last 15 or 16 years. Have I mentioned how friggin excited I am for Coach Babers and his offensive system!!

That was the last year we had a laughable SOS too. In the 100's.

Alsacs said:
We can't play Thursday night football games while classes are in session. The parking lots are needed for students/professors. We can get away with it during week 1 because school doesn't start till the following Monday and Friday night games are okay because there aren't any Friday night classes. We played Wake Forest on Thursday night in 2011. So we can do it if we so choose. It will likely be Thursday or Friday though.

Classes start the Monday before Labor Day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom