ACC schedule teaser... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule teaser...

Absolutely, but I don't think the state fair is going to get someone bigger than they are for another night. Maybe their budget is bigger than it used to be.
with the new Amphitheater I'm hoping for a few sell outs across all genres but I get what you're saying. The Guv has funneled lots of millions into upgrading the grounds and buildings, it'll be up to Live Nation to book the acts. good news is that I won't have a conflict between a concert I really want to see and football that night so it works out for me

JeremyCuse said:
Would be nice to actually play that game on a Saturday for a change. Nothing says big time like playing Colgate on a Friday night at 7pm on Labor Day weekend.

Yeah, personally speaking, I'll be lucky to make one weeknight game -- two is out of the question.

And another front loaded schedule -- 3 at home to open the season. Ugh.

VT on my wife's bday, who's the smartest, I am !!!

Looks like I'll reserve hotel rooms for FSU instead.

BC on 10/22 is a welcome change. Love it.

Thrilled that we have a week 2 game.

i think they switched up the last week because they didnt want duke to have 3 srtaight away games so they had to have duke wake in week 2

I really like this schedule. Not an easy OOC but also not crippling. Love the week two game against UofL on a friday night. Should be a great atmosphere. Also-- CANNOT WAIT to beat VMI next year. I throughly enjoy hating them.

My only slight critique is no BC after thanksgiving. Liked that 'rivalry' game. Nice that we can still play PITT, a traditional rival.

Chip said:
VT on my wife's bday, who's the smartest, I am !!! Looks like I'll reserve hotel rooms for FSU instead. BC on 10/22 is a welcome change. Love it. Thrilled that we have a week 2 game.

I looked at that FSU game. May be meaningless by then.

Who knows.

Yeah, personally speaking, I'll be lucky to make one weeknight game -- two is out of the question.

All P5 teams are going to play more home games in the first 3 weeks. I doubt many play 2 of their first 3 on the road.

I would agree two weekday stink but atleast they are at the front of the schedule.

The front loaded portion of schedule sucks because we lost a home game to Metlife.

Fans in the Northeast have road trips to Metlife, UConn, Boston College. They are taken care of. We don't go below the Mason Dixon line till week 6 at Wake Forest.

Alsacs said:
All P5 teams are going to play more home games in the first 3 weeks. I doubt many play 2 of their first 3 on the road. I would agree two weekday stink but atleast they are at the front of the schedule. The front loaded portion of schedule sucks because we lost a home game to Metlife. Fans in the Northeast have road trips to Metlife, UConn, Boston College. They are taken care of. We don't go below the Mason Dixon line till week 6 at Wake Forest.
There are actually 5 road trips on the schedule this year for fans from the Northeast; don't forget Pittsburgh.

Pretty extraordinary. This hasn't happened since the old days in the former conference.

nothing against them but I hope there are plenty of other bands better than this country pop group
they only had 2-3 shows last year at the fair. now with the new arean who knows how many they would have. time will tell how much it changes the dynamics of going to a show when you cant kill time at the fair.

sutomcat said:
There are actually 5 road trips on the schedule this year for fans from the Northeast; don't forget Pittsburgh. Pretty extraordinary. This hasn't happened since the old days in the former conference.

It's a treat. I may make as many road games as home games.

Complicated schedule for me...first blush

Big Road Trip to UConn and Wake Forest. I'm probably out for Clemson and Notre Dame. Will try a small late season roadie to Pitt.
Pretty sure Crusty JohnCuse44 can run the Clemson roadie. BC is too much hassle...maybe cuseguy can come up with something

Home games: Toothpaste, Ville, Tampa Tech, VPI and NIT ST...last two TBD on external factors

Last edited:
SU needs to stop letting the state fair dictate scheduling.
does the fair take away fans or the concerts? chicken or the egg... one thing we know there are 3-4x more people at the fair than the concert, though the free ones also draw pretty well

cuseguy said:
I looked at that FSU game. May be meaningless by then. Who knows.

Yeah, I'm thinking of hedging my bets on the Louisville game.

Maybe try to hit up both.

they only had 2-3 shows last year at the fair. now with the new arean who knows how many they would have. time will tell how much it changes the dynamics of going to a show when you cant kill time at the fair.
why wouldn't you be able to spend time at the fair before a show? the arena is only across the street, where the parking lots for the fair are.

cuseguy said:
SU needs to stop letting the state fair dictate scheduling.

Win and the Fair will schedule around them.

Yeah, I'm thinking of hedging my bets on the Louisville game.

Maybe try to hit up both.
Louisville should have a great atmosphere and some hype...easy drive to take family

TexanMark said:
Complicated schedule for me...first blush Big Road Trip to UConn and Wake Forest. I'm probably out for Clemson and Notre Dame. Will try a small late season roadie to Pitt. Pretty sure Crusty JohnCuse44 can run the Clemson roadie. BC is too much hassle...maybe cuseguy can come up with something Home games: Toothpaste, Ville, Tampa Tech, VPI and NIT ST...last two TBD on external factors

BC is always a tough place to tailgate, Mark.

We'll see.

Agreed... 2nd & 3rd weeks are ideal for FBS home-and-home series and 2-for-1 series... unless SU goes the Pitt/SEC route. In the latter case where every year has 7, or 8, home games it's fine to open with 3 OOC home games followed by 8 ping-ponged OOC games. The only way around it is to go all-SEC and schedule Colgate/Wagner/etc. the week before your big rivalry game. In SU's case that would be either BCU or Pitt.

Louisville should have a great atmosphere and some hype...easy drive to take family

I'm trying to schedule out my non-family game(s).

These are my getaways.

VT on my wife's bday, who's the smartest, I am !!!

Looks like I'll reserve hotel rooms for FSU instead.

BC on 10/22 is a welcome change. Love it.

Thrilled that we have a week 2 game.
So your saying...honey, guess what? You know how I always leave you for all those football games every fall?? Well guess what??!! I won't be leaving you on your birthday this year!!! You're coming with me!!...won't work??

Front loaded home games will always be the case for most of the non-con slate.

It's too bad the last scheduled Giants Stadium game is this year, they did wonders for recruiting.

Dino seems like a smart man, bet he asks to put them back on the schedule.

if anything, itll be good to show his offense off, once its clicking on all cylinders, in front of such a large recruiting base, in the media capital of the world, in the northeasts best football venue.

In Dino I trust...

Last edited:
Looooove the way this sets up!
Pros :
1. Open with an FCS
2. Friday night juice for the Ville
3. 3 drivable roadies with Pitt, BC, and Uconn.
4. BC not on turkey weekend.
5. Clemson, Ville, FSU being staggered
6. Late October bye
7. VT back in the dome coming of WF.
8. Clemson following bye

Cons:
1. 3 consecutive home games to start
2. A month between home games after USF.
3. ND in NYC um, I mean Jersey.

Overall, love it, sets up nice...Can see a legit 7 wins. Lets fill the Dino Dome!

The 3 home games to start may be less than ideal for fans, but it's great for the team. Really like that we don't have to hit the road for basically 2 months after camp opens. Nice to get all the new game week routines of the new system firmly in place with minimal travel disruptions.

BC is October is fan-freakin-tactic.

Lots to like about this schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom