ACC schedule teaser... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC schedule teaser...

We can't play Thursday night football games while classes are in session. The parking lots are needed for students/professors.
We can get away with it during week 1 because school doesn't start till the following Monday and Friday night games are okay because there aren't any Friday night classes.

We played Wake Forest on Thursday night in 2011. So we can do it if we so choose. It will likely be Thursday or Friday though.
we can play a thurs night bball game with 20-25K vs ND but not a thurs night FBall game with 30K

Syracuse - Colgate v Florida - Georgia (Line)

My guess is State Fair will have a significant impact on attendance ...

I'll be watching Cuse

True story...

Every year I set aside one day to spend at the NYS Fair, and we usually start first thing in the morning by watching Bridge Street Live being filmed at Chevy Court from 10-11 AM. In all the years my group has attended, we've never had a problem getting seats in front of the Chevy Court stage at 9:30.

A few years ago, every single bench in front of the stage was occupied by the time we got there. Thousands of people scarfed up all the seating at 8 AM ... because Florida Georgia Line was playing at Chevy Court 12 hours later.

None of these people struck me as college football fans. ;)

Two consecutive Friday nights to open the season. Grrrreeeeaaatttt!
:bat:

hopefully syracuse sets spring game date when they send out ticket renewals

would have preferrede saturday for colgate but with louisville playing thursday i guess friday is alright

Hey guys, VT fan. Looking forward to renewing our rivalry and reminiscing about Vick and McNabb. Question I have is what are considered the visitor sections for football at the Dome?

If there's already a thread for this please point me in the right direction. Thanks, and congrats on the tourney run.

Hey guys, VT fan. Looking forward to renewing our rivalry and reminiscing about Vick and McNabb. Question I have is what are considered the visitor sections for football at the Dome?

If there's already a thread for this please point me in the right direction. Thanks, and congrats on the tourney run.

Depends on the opponent. For LSU it was sections 109 to 120 on the lower level and 312 to 323 on the upper level.

For you, likely 110 thru 112, and if you travel like you did to the Dome in the past, the overflow will be 313 to 315. You get your own corner.

OburgOrange said:
Two consecutive Friday nights to open the season. Grrrreeeeaaatttt! :bat:

Yea, Friday night games blow. I don't know a single person that prefers them over Saturday.

Yea, Friday night games blow. I don't know a single person that prefers them over Saturday.
Tough on the out-of-towners too. If you have kids it's especially hard ... you wind up getting home very late, very tired and very poor.

Wow...right after I posted that I love them.

I don''t know that I prefer them though but it is a nice change. We also have about 5 months to prepare for them and do what we need to do to attend, or not attend.

They are way better than 4 consecutive Noon home games in a row though.

Maybe it's just me but I still think it makes our conference look no better than a Mid-Major.

gobigorange said:
Maybe it's just me but I still think it makes our conference look no better than a Mid-Major.

I think that's true when it's two P5 schools. But when it's anyone else, I don't think anyone cares or thinks about it too much.

I agree in principle, but when we're looking at 25,000 drowsy people for a nooner or 40,000 people with a significant number of students and loud drunks at 7:00 p.m. on a Friday, I'll bite the bullet and take the mid-major slot.

In a perfect world, we'd draw fine on Labor Day Saturday at any time of the day and not worry about weeknight games.

Tough on the out-of-towners too. If you have kids it's especially hard ... you wind up getting home very late, very tired and very poor.

I wouldn't want us to make a habit of it. But for this out of towner, it works well. Take Friday off, fly up to Syracuse, make a night of it, fly back Saturday morning and still have much of Saturday and all of Sunday with the kids.

That's my plan for the Louisville game.

I agree in principle, but when we're looking at 25,000 drowsy people for a nooner or 40,000 people with a significant number of students and loud drunks at 7:00 p.m. on a Friday, I'll bite the bullet and take the mid-major slot.

In a perfect world, we'd draw fine on Labor Day Saturday at any time of the day and not worry about weeknight games.

And most importantly a late summer tailgate for a 7 PM kick-off is a helluva lot more fun!

The ACC, Pac-12, and Big XII all play on Friday night games. The SEC won't be far behind if TV/ESPN demand it for the SECN.

The Big Ten has been the only holdout.

As long as its not the top teams playing their home games they won't care. It is not midmajor anymore. That is Tuesday/Wednesday night games. Thursday/Friday aren't midmajor anymore.

Agree. I take Colgate off the table. It's Labor Day, we have this big Fair thing, we kind of go through the same conversation every year. But at the end of the day, that game just isn't going to draw much either way.

Louisville, that could be a nice one time pop of a night game atmosphere, national TV. Help us truly kick off the Dino era in a game that no one will expect us to win, but it's also not as far fetched as beating one of the top 2 dogs in our league. It will be a much better atmosphere on Friday night than Saturday at 12:30.

After that, we get back to our regularly scheduled Saturday games. And hopefully Dino's offense gets us a few more spots outside that 12:30 window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom