ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1)

huh? Dates don’t matter. Taking about who we play home vs away. But like I also said, it’s not going to matter.
We shall see I guess, I think it is about fifty fifty. I do not think what you are refering to is anything close to a final schedule, but maybe it is.
It says right on it that it is a model, indicating not a schedule.

What SEC-ACC OOC games should be

Florida State-Florida
Georgia Tech-Georgia
Clemson-South Carolina
Louisville-Kentucky
Syracuse-Buffalo
Boston College-UMass
Wake Forest-App State
NC State-East Carolina
Duke-NC Central
North Carolina-UNC Charlotte
Pittsburgh-Temple
Virginia- ODU
Virginia Tech-Liberty
Miami-FIU
Alabama-Troy
Auburn-UAB
LSU-Tulane
Tennessee-Middle Tennessee
Vanderbilt- Chattanooga
Mississippi-Memphis
Mississippi State-Southern Mississippi
Missouri-Missouri State
Arkansas-Arkansas State
Texas A&M-Houston

Wonder how next year will play out. Will they flip teams around? If not then we will have:

Home- Clemson, Louisville, Pitt, FSU
Away- BC, NC State, Wake, Coastal

We shall see I guess, I think it is about fifty fifty. I do not think what you are refering to is anything close to a final schedule, but maybe it is.
It says right on it that it is a model, indicating not a schedule.

dates need to be added.

???

Swofford actually won. Clemson still gets to play South Carolina and could play Notre Dame twice.

It’s a win for the ACC.

ND is a conference member with all the perks for a year. The ACC had all the leverage and just cowered to them and I hate it.

Plus, we don't play NC State, who is our rival, for the first time since the conference started. Louisville is off the schedule and was replaced with Pitt.

There is no guarantee on the SC game since the SEC may go strictly conference games.

ND is a conference member with all the perks for a year. The ACC had all the leverage and just cowered to them and I hate it.

Plus, we don't play NC State, who is our rival, for the first time since the conference started. Louisville is off the schedule and was replaced with Pitt.

There is no guarantee on the SC game since the SEC may go strictly conference games.

My preference would be to cancel all ND games.

But if we can’t do that...this is a good option. Now they can never claim to always have been Indy. There’s a ‘yeah but’ and they are basically South Carolina after this year until they join full time.

dates need to be added.
You may be right, but to me a model does not necessarily indicate who may finally end up playing whom where. At this stage I am ready for any Syracuse football I can get, any time I can get it.

SEC people love football more than they love Mama or God. And they know the importance of in-state rivalries.

Swofford broke ND.

This one year is the start.

You can’t get them in easily.
This was a huge start.
Their fanbase can no longer say they are fully independent. This is the beginning of the end of their full independence.

Losing the textile bowl sucks I am sure but I am sure it’s not a super big thing for your fanbase.

You guys will play USC.The SEC and ACC worked together.

I thought we were your rival. :(

Seriously though, were you against ND joining fully? Because this is a great start - let's the Domers get used to it. And we'll see how militant the anti-conference forces are.

It doesn’t read that you have to play a team from your home state, but the +1game must be played in on the ACC campus school. We will still play Liberty.
Correct - the wording is:

All non-conference game opponents, selected by the respective school, must be played in the home state of the ACC institution, and all non-conference opponents must meet the medical protocol requirements as agreed upon by the ACC

It doesn’t read that you have to play a team from your home state, but the +1game must be played in on the ACC campus school. We will still play Liberty.

My preference. Or UMass due to sucking and low covid risk. No 1AAs cause their seasons might be cancelled or moved to spring. Give me Liberty or give me...

Not to mention don’t let them get a 1-1 with us. I’m glad WMU won’t.

Swofford broke ND.

This one year is the start.

You can’t get them in easily.
This was a huge start.
Their fanbase can no longer say they are fully independent. This is the beginning of the end of their full independence.

Losing the textile bowl sucks I am sure but I am sure it’s not a super big thing for your fanbase.

You guys will play USC.The SEC and ACC worked together.

Its a one year lease caused by a global pandemic.

(We should all wish to have this thing under control by then)

Hopefully, things are back to normal in 2021, including football independence.

You overstate things, but are correct on the asterisk. Congrats.

We're adding their TV money to the pot this year. How much is their NBC contract worth? What is the net effect of feeding another mouth, offset by their own contributions?

Its a one year lease caused by a global pandemic.

(We should all wish to have this thing under control by then)

Hopefully, things are back to normal in 2021, including football independence.

You overstate things, but are correct on the asterisk. Congrats.
You and I have good battles I respect you. I understand the ND situation without bias.
I am telling you ND won’t be fully independent in 10 years.

This trial balloon will show the younger alumni there isn’t independence or nothing.

ND did this on there own which is why I am shocked.
They gave the ACC there NBC money and are getting a full share.
This is step one.

The long game it’s over and I am not saying to be rude as I understand the ND older alumni base.

It won’t happen anyways, but if it did we have the worst home schedule of anyone. What a load of BS.

Agree if there were fans at the game. However with no fans it could be argued that this is the best possible home schedule, easier teams on paper with a greater likelihood of winning. Will be tough to beat a Clemson or ND at home without fans. Realistic goal assuming full season of play is 6 wins.

Mississippi-Memphis?
Memphis is 85 miles from Oxford, MS.
It’s the closest team in the nation to Ole Miss campus and used the play the closest team over State border for that one matchup.

All the rest worked intrastate.