AD Wildhack Press Conference - Friday 10:00 a.m. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

AD Wildhack Press Conference - Friday 10:00 a.m.

25 and I love the new darker blue uni’s, I believe we wore them vs NC state. HATE the stormtrooper get up. Orange tops vs white or blue pants are fine.

All the helmets are good except the whites.
Interesting. I'm 40. Love the all whites and could do away with the all blues, and the blue helmets. But by no means do I think our uniforms are bad.

What I don't like (and what will probably be corrected) is that another team is wearing our current uniforms

Interesting. I'm 40. Love the all whites and could do away with the all blues, and the blue helmets. But by no means do I think our uniforms are bad.

What I don't like (and what will probably be corrected) is that another team is wearing our current uniforms
I agree, the Illinois parts pretty embarrassing.

On the whites, it is a clean nice look. However, we’re not accomplishing or capturing any sort of identity with those. Now that we’re grabbing nationally televised games multiple times a season, it’s time to embrace the orange imo,

Okay, if you hate the current uniforms AND are UNDER 50 years old, please raise your hand.

For science sake

Under 50, I am not a fan of the current uniforms. I like the "S" on the helmets and the white uniforms. Other than white, I cannot stand one color uniforms (this is not just for Syracuse, however).

I agree, the Illinois parts pretty embarrassing.

On the whites, it is a clean nice look. However, we’re not accomplishing or capturing any sort of identity with those. Now that we’re grabbing nationally televised games multiple times a season, it’s time to embrace the orange imo,

Exactly how I feel about the whites. They may look good but we're the orange! I'd like a little more representation of the school color than is on those.

I'm 47 and my favorite combo of the current unis is the all whites. That said, I do prefer the old unis. I loved the Nassib era unis as well, I actually prefer the block S on the helmets.

All orange uniforms are hard to pull off without looking like a clown suit. They need to be clean with sharp accents. Clemson does a great job with their all-orange unis - the white accents (stripes on pants, etc...) make the orange pop more.

Exactly how I feel about the whites. They may look good but we're the orange! I'd like a little more representation of the school color than is on those.

I am old school enough to want orange lids and pants, with dark blue or white jerseys. Perhaps one special* uniform at a home game and one for an away.

*Special - Throwback, all one color, theme (military salute camo, uniforms that honor a day or event or something). NEVER - wings/feathers, diamond plate, neon colors, etc.

I'm 47 and my favorite combo of the current unis is the all whites. That said, I do prefer the old unis. I loved the Nassib era unis as well, I actually prefer the block S on the helmets.

All orange uniforms are hard to pull off without looking like a clown suit. They need to be clean with sharp accents. Clemson does a great job with their all-orange unis - the white accents (stripes on pants, etc...) make the orange pop more.
Exactly

I’d be happy with Orange/White Helmets, Orange shirts. And orange/blue pants

I know my kids HS team all hated the uniforms over the last 5-10 yrs.

I suspect that Nike gives schools some options. You can get more money if you sign off all control over the uniforms and let the Nike design team 'get creative'. I think Dr Gross probably went in this direction, and John opted to go for less money and more control.

To be fair to the good Doctor, Syracuse was desperate for cash then and maybe it was a good move.

I always thought Gross had a hand in the design. I mean, they changed something every single year, seems strange that it wasn’t a result of his (probably overbearing) input.

I’m 35 and also hate the blue helmets. I like the all whites but love the whites with orange helmets.

Less short term money.
This is a short term deal (3-4 years?)

John is gambling that the football program will be consistently good (with an some great seasons thrown in) to get a higher paying long term deal in a few years.
Makes me wonder if he knows who the coach will be, long-term.

Less short term money.
This is a short term deal (3-4 years?)

John is gambling that the football program will be consistently good (with an some great seasons thrown in) to get a higher paying long term deal in a few years.

I think that is a VERY good wager with potentially a VERY nice payoff. With as entertaining as this offense is to watch, once we get consistently good and on national television often, I can see the brand being worth far more in a few years.

i love the script syracuse, and would like to see it across the front of the football jersey. white jersey orange script. i always loved the syracuse nats script syracuse and script nats jerseys too bad we can't script orangemen on them as an away jersey

i love the script syracuse, and would like to see it across the front of the football jersey. white jersey orange script. i always loved the syracuse nats script syracuse and script nats jerseys too bad we can't script orangemen on them as an away jersey
I could dig that. Truly

Google the 1960 SU Texas game.
Orange Helmets
White tops
Orange pants.

Id love a modern version of this jersey.

already tried that, not good