AD Wildhack Press Conference - Friday 10:00 a.m. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

AD Wildhack Press Conference - Friday 10:00 a.m.

I'm surprised that's not Oregon. It seems they would have tried to get the home town school before they became THE shoe company.
Yes. Since Oregon track coach Bill Bowerman was a co-founder of Nike, I think this claim is not likely.

But it does appear Syracuse was one of the first schools to embrace the Nike brand.

i thought the whole talk for years was Nike designed stuff and we had to take it.. Are we now saying that Nike designed decent stuff and we chose to run with the crappy choices? Or are we saying Su asked for awful choices and Nike worked off those choices to come up with crappy uniforms?

I think we see a return of the script. I think it has become our brand. I am not sure it would surprise me to see it for football also. I wonder how much the duration and money also has to do with JAB. We face a coaching and salary change in 5 years.

i thought the whole talk for years was Nike designed stuff and we had to take it.. Are we now saying that Nike designed decent stuff and we chose to run with the crappy choices? Or are we saying Su asked for awful choices and Nike worked off those choices to come up with crappy uniforms?
Neither, I believe. Unless I'm mistaken and/or misinterpreting it, we negotiated and received final approval in this extension that we didn't have in previous contracts.

At least, that is how I am interpreting it. I have no inside info on this one.

Bring back:
Orangemen
Script hoop jerseys
Real helmets
Fast breaks
Alley-oops
Dome Ranger

Don’t bring back:
Short-side option
Just thought this was funny. As a coach, we often debated the short-side option. I loathe it. Smarter minds than me do not.

I like the script logo. With cursive not being taught in school for years, does it even have a chance?

They need to teach people how to sign their name on a touch pad with their index finger. :rolleyes:

Okay, if you hate the current uniforms AND are UNDER 50 years old, please raise your hand.

For science sake

I hate that when watching highlights of the 2016 VT win, it takes me a bit to figure out which team is Syracuse.

The current uniforms would be a lot better if they’d just stick to the two best combinations for home/road and have some kind of identity. Too many combos period, and especially too many combos that don’t look like Syracuse.

Neither, I believe. Unless I'm mistaken and/or misinterpreting it, we negotiated and received final approval in this extension that we didn't have in previous contracts.

At least, that is how I am interpreting it. I have no inside info on this one.

What I heard him saying is SU has final say in any uniforms. He didn't say anything about how past deals worked.

We are imposing our will on this one.

12347D50-4C71-42E0-8099-BD68FF956AA6.gif

I like the script logo. With cursive not being taught in school for years, does it even have a chance?
If we did that, the young people who are no longer taught cursive would bitch that they can't read it. ;)

We are imposing our will on this one.

Anybody who makes deals knows that cash isn’t the only form of consideration

Enormous amount of cost avoidance in getting every athlete kitted out for free

Enormous amount of good will built up by design decisions being made with brand sustainment and extension being the vision instead of chasing the new hotness

If we did that, the young people who are no longer taught cursive would bitch that they can't read it. ;)
Dude, we would just google translate it

We’re good with script but I still prefer the S that is wrapped around the basketball in the early 00’s

We went from top rated uniforms in conference, to worst rated. It's not about age. It's about eyes.

You’re right, and that kind of absolute and unrelenting incompetence is actually (morbidly) impressive.

After he got hired, people started digging up his old posts -- some of the funniest were when he would drop insider info, like on which Bowl Games SU would be playing in (on the rare occasion) and people immediately started doubting him.

I'm partial the one where he lit up the basketball program right after (either the Fab Melo or Michael Carter-Williams incident, I forget which). It was truly a "just another emotional fan" post.

Dude, we would just google translate it

We’re good with script but I still prefer the S that is wrapped around the basketball in the early 00’s

I say we use both. Use the script unis. Start using the S wrapped around the basketball logo on some of the apparel. Maybe put it on the warmups.

Anybody who makes deals knows that cash isn’t the only form of consideration

Enormous amount of cost avoidance in getting every athlete kitted out for free

Enormous amount of good will built up by design decisions being made with brand sustainment and extension being the vision instead of chasing the new hotness
I suspect that Nike gives schools some options. You can get more money if you sign off all control over the uniforms and let the Nike design team 'get creative'. I think Dr Gross probably went in this direction, and John opted to go for less money and more control.

To be fair to the good Doctor, Syracuse was desperate for cash then and maybe it was a good move.

Okay, if you hate the current uniforms AND are UNDER 50 years old, please raise your hand.

For science sake
25 and I love the new darker blue uni’s, I believe we wore them vs NC state. HATE the stormtrooper get up. Orange tops vs white or blue pants are fine.

All the helmets are good except the whites.