Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol think Adam lost more fans yesterday than Syracuse.

Cuse Radio confirmed theres multiple NIL contributors who have and will have a bigger impact.
That isn't the point. Hes a fan and supported the athletes at a high level. Why chase him off? Anyway, I'm done on this. For my part I think he does a ton of good and i think it's wrong that he is being painted as some greedy individual who is only out for himself as that just isn't true. I also find it odd that so many of the posters who trash this guy love one of his best friends. I guess Jim is a lousy judge of character.

Lol think Adam lost more fans yesterday than Syracuse.

Cuse Radio confirmed theres multiple NIL contributors who have and will have a bigger impact.
I have the same opinion you do TB, but the problem is cuse radio does not have the greatest of reputations right now post Axe being fired.

In this case they are right though.

That isn't the point. Hes a fan and supported the athletes at a high level. Why chase him off? Anyway, I'm done on this. For my part I think he does a ton of good and i think it's wrong that he is being painted as some greedy individual who is only out for himself as that just isn't true. I also find it odd that so many of the posters who trash this guy love one of his best friends. I guess Jim is a lousy judge of character.
No one chased him off. He "heard some things", took his ball and went home. Which is his right.

He also could abide by how SU is encouraging people to engage with NIL, but he doesn't want to. Which is his right.

I argue he's not a fan. How would a fan just leave like that.

He's a fan of Jim Boeheim, selfies, Ed Hardy tshirts and distressed jeans.

I'm fine with that btw. You be You. But lets spare this guy's story about the university letting him down and not cowtowing to how he wants to use the school as the background to his lifestyle selfie.

Cmon enough.

Scooch is right on: IF you are a fan with unlimited money and want to help the school's athletes who already get a full ride, give money to the collective.

If you are with unlimited money and want to make a legacy donation to the school, call CTO and set up an appt with any of the multiple schools looking to update their physical buildings, endow a scholarship, etc.

Not worth my time and some of it I have in other posts.

The "not worth my time" (95k plus messages) is such a great GET OFF MY LAWN that i'm just in awe Bees.

1681319392310.jpeg

The "not worth my time" (95k plus messages) is such a great GET OFF MY LAWN that i'm just in awe Bees.

View attachment 226946

Many of my posts are the short answer variety. I don’t have time for long drawn out responses. His post I responded to makes about 99 claims. It would take forever one by one especially when most are off. Yea, Kent doesn’t like JB so he jettisoned Adam. LOL.

Some people very obviously care more about their precious alum school (which matters if the school isn’t in good standing the sports are irrelevant obviously). than the basketball team/sports in whole and that is fine if that’s your opinion but it clouds this topic way beyond belief.

The money Weitsman was giving last year was not going to keep Jesse Edwards at Syracuse if the numbers are what was reported. We shouldn’t be paying more for a guy than what he’s worth professionally anyway. Every good team last year shut him down.
I'm not going to rip Jesse and he is a big loss. No way to spin that. We are not awash in centers who have averaged a double-double at SU during our history.

What we know is that we put our NIL offer on the table. For all we know, it was a very reasonable and lucrative deal. At some point, almost certainly before he hit the portal, other schools went to his dad and threw some really big $$$ into the equation. A lot of teams have now reached out to him after he portaled, but there may have been only a small number of actual big $$$ offers made to his dad before that. No way for us to know.

Does that mean we cannot compete? Not necessarily. Many of the schools who have reached out likely can't or won't match what he has been already offered either. They might need a big guy and have to do their due diligence. "We probably can't afford that Lamborghini honey but let's just see how much it costs."

There are teams out there who are solid across the board at the other positions and feel they are a really good big man away from a Sweet 16, Final 4, or NC. They can afford to open the vault to get that one player.

We cannot.

Unless Judah returns, and until proven otherwise, we are solid nowhere at the other positions. Promising in a couple of them, perhaps, but solid? Not until proven otherwise anyway.

Perhaps, my speculation only, it was SU who simply refused to match large counter-offers rather than blow our whole wad on one guy when we have so many other holes to fill. I'm guessing that many of the schools who have reached out to him will come to the same conclusion. There will be ones who go all the way, however, and that is where he will resurface.

He also could abide by how SU is encouraging people to engage with NIL, but he doesn't want to. Which is his right.

People that donate large sums of money don’t want to follow the same process as Joe Blow donating $50. That’s like giving a guy with a private jet a free flight in coach.

People that donate large sums of money don’t want to follow the same process as Joe Blow donating $50. That’s like giving a guy with a private jet a free flight in coach.
That's absolutely the truth but I think you are way too myopic about the process. I doubt someone writing a 500k check is doing it by venmo. There's an elegant outreach no matter if you are AW or Joe Blow with the check book. That doesn't mean there is unlimited largesse afforded to the benefactor.

Now that I’ve had time to digest today a bit..

I have plenty of issues I could rant about in regard to the University.

I find it incredibly hard to believe they took a shallow and unwarranted stance in asking Adam not to approach or associate with the student athletes anymore. Clearly something unacceptable was done, or something was discovered.

Not sure I think Syracuse is that wholly incompetent.
Can you think of any examples of competence?

For a program as big as they are, the athletics department has been weirdly inadequate in a variety of ways. From failed half time celebrations to letting their Hall of Fame coach dangle in the wind for a few days to NIL disasters, they've been incompetent as far as I can tell.

And that's the last six months or less of blown opportunities.

Some people very obviously care more about their precious alum school (which matters if the school isn’t in good standing the sports are irrelevant obviously). than the basketball team/sports in whole and that is fine if that’s your opinion but it clouds this topic way beyond belief.
I don't really see that stance much at all in these discussions.

I see some people who clearly are huge fans of Weitsman and think he has been wronged by SU.

And I see others who like him supporting SU, but think he does it in a weird way that might not be the most efficient or effective way of getting the ultimate return for SU.

I'm not going to rip Jesse and he is a big loss. No way to spin that. We are not awash in centers who have averaged a double-double at SU during our history.

What we know is that we put our NIL offer on the table. For all we know, it was a very reasonable and lucrative deal. At some point, almost certainly before he hit the portal, other schools went to his dad and threw some really big $$$ into the equation. A lot of teams have now reached out to him after he portaled, but there may have been only a small number of actual big $$$ offers made to his dad before that. No way for us to know.

Does that mean we cannot compete? Not necessarily. Many of the schools who have reached out likely can't or won't match what he has been already offered either. They might need a big guy and have to do their due diligence. "We probably can't afford that Lamborghini honey but let's just see how much it costs."

There are teams out there who are solid across the board at the other positions and feel they are a really good big man away from a Sweet 16, Final 4, or NC. They can afford to open the vault to get that one player.

We cannot.

Unless Judah returns, and until proven otherwise, we are solid nowhere at the other positions. Promising in a couple of them, perhaps, but solid? Not until proven otherwise anyway.

Perhaps, my speculation only, it was SU who simply refused to match large counter-offers rather than blow our whole wad on one guy when we have so many other holes to fill. I'm guessing that many of the schools who have reached out to him will come to the same conclusion. There will be ones who go all the way, however, and that is where he will resurface.
This is a good post. We need to view NIL like a
salary cap. Giving someone who isn’t even an NBA player a million dollars is dumb. That money can be spread out over multiple players or given to a better player.

Can you think of any examples of competence?

For a program as big as they are, the athletics department has been weirdly inadequate in a variety of ways. From failed half time celebrations to letting their Hall of Fame coach dangle in the wind for a few days to NIL disasters, they've been incompetent as far as I can tell.

And that's the last six months or less of blown opportunities.
Aside from completing a multi-year, $250 million renovation of the Dome?

And figuring out how to get out from under the Carrier deal to land a lucrative new naming rights agreement?

Plus, radically increasing the salaries of football and basketball assistant coaches to be more competitive with the market.

Surely no competence was required for those things.

Probably WVU. I don't see how he matches their style of play at all. If he thought JB was an a$$ he will have fun with Huggy bear.
And Huggins will be breathing toxic hangover fumes all over you every time he yells

My take on Adam who i know from Skaneateles.
He is a very good person. Does 10 times more quietly than not
Kent has had an issue with JB since Jim backed out of his commitment to turn the reigns over to hop.
Adam is one of Jims best friends.
Adam went out of his way to clear everything with SU compliance regarding NIL
Kents beef with Adam has zero to do with Adam doing any illegal NIL activities.
Kent has an issue with JB.
Kent goes to bed in his suit.
Kent is by all accounts an excellent chancellor who has been in the academic bubble his entire life.
Kent and Adam are from different sides of the tracks.
Adam is his own man and does things to promote his brand. NIL is all about a player promoting something, endorsing something it doesn't have to be about charitable efforts. It is about using the individuals name image and likeness to promote something and to be paid for that promotion, effort and or endorsement.
Adam was willling to pay kids to promote his brand and to do good things. He was willing to help mentor kids.
Adams background is a heck of a lot closer to the background of most of our players than Kent will ever be.
Adams flashy and Kent doesn't understand or like that.
Did I mention Kent has an issue with Jim.

my take on this is one sided so im sure there may be more to this. But i truly believe that Kent has let his personal beliefs vs facts get in the way of one of SUs biggest supporters. Adam was a game changer for us. He bleeds orange and Kent chased away a really good guy. NOT a bad individual but a really good guy who just happens to be very different from the Syracuse Chancellor.
Kent screwed up big time in my opinion and should be worried more about raising the academic standards of Syracuse vs getting into a pissing match with one of the athletic departments' biggest supporters.

Kent seems like the type who wants things quiet and boring. I'm sure the flashy LA Laker style made his head explode like the guy in raiders of the lost ark. Eerie resemblance.

Indianajones GIF by CBS

Last edited:

And figuring out how to get out from under the Carrier deal to land a lucrative new naming rights agreement?

Plus, radically increasing the salaries of football and basketball assistant coaches to be more competitive with the market.

Ok, good examples :)

something something blind squirrel

Kent seems like a woke academic who wants things quiet and boring. I'm sure the flashy LA Laker style made his head explode like the guy in raiders of the lost ark. Eerie resemblance.

Indianajones GIF by CBS
I do agree about the quiet and boring (maybe that is a good thing for the Chancellor of a university) but woke is not a word that comes to my mind when thinking of Kent.

Top 25 Recruiting Class? (source 247sports.com)
2011 - 15
2012 - No
2013 - 8
2014 - No
2015 - 8
2016 - 18
2017 - No
2018 - No
2019 - No
2020 - No
2021 - No
2022 - 21

Has anyone really felt like we were competing for the best recruits lately? Why the urgency now?
So Boeheim should’ve retired after 16?

Status
Not open for further replies.