Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from completing a multi-year, $250 million renovation of the Dome?

And figuring out how to get out from under the Carrier deal to land a lucrative new naming rights agreement?

Plus, radically increasing the salaries of football and basketball assistant coaches to be more competitive with the market.

Surely no competence was required for those things.

I blame Jim Boeheim for roughly 95% of the retirement chicanery and bad PR.

Aside from completing a multi-year, $250 million renovation of the Dome?

And figuring out how to get out from under the Carrier deal to land a lucrative new naming rights agreement?

Plus, radically increasing the salaries of football and basketball assistant coaches to be more competitive with the market.

Surely no competence was required for those things.

We suggested painting the concrete 20 years ago. A gallon of benjamen moore costs $90. I'd bet Purcells would've thrown in a discount on a sprayer. ;-)

I do agree about the quiet and boring (maybe that is a good thing for the Chancellor of a university) but woke is not a word that comes to my mind when thinking of Kent.

Agreed. Sort of my impression to. He probably isn't.

How close are JB and AW? AW always claims to be best friends but I haven't heard any reciprocation. I can't imagine them rolling up to a party together in Adam's Lambo.

JB has never been able to hold his tongue on anything. Will be interesting to hear what off comments he has if/when he does. It may be the only indication we ever get on the U's take.

I hope he blows AW up because I'm here for the drama and not an AW fan at all, especially after how he handled the last couple days.

How close are JB and AW? AW always claims to be best friends but I haven't heard any reciprocation. I can't imagine them rolling up to a party together in Adam's Lambo.

JB has never been able to hold his tongue on anything. Will be interesting to hear what off comments he has if/when he does. It may be the only indication we ever get on the U's take.

I hope he blows AW up because I'm here for the drama and not an AW fan at all, especially after how he handled the last couple days.
I think JB has financially benefited from his relationship from AW. I recall Jimmy at the Patriots superbowl in plum seats. I thought they were gifts from AW.

My guess is Jim likes money, won't upset this apple cart and is going to lay low on the relationship and blowing anyone up over it. After all it's like a divorce for him. Both of his parents (SU and AW) support him financially or did to some extent. he probably still loves both

JB did that when he was still the coach and this board wanted to hang him.
Part of that after the Thamel interview was that I thought JB was just talking and implying that his teams were and weren't benefiting from AW. Turns out, he was telling the truth but it just came out confusing," my big donor pays nothing"

If the only way Weitsman is willing to be part of Syracuse's NIL is for him to put himself front and center, he's not really doing it to benefit Syracuse or the charities he contributed to.
And the other things is that SU is not interested in being a test case for any NCAA violations related to NIL and they're not interested in an unaffiliated third party exposing them to legal liability of any kind. Does anyone think that if the NCAA came in and started an investigation, causing SU to expend resources in fighting a legal battle, and incur possible fines, that AW would pick up the tab? Or would he say it wasn't his fault and move on? Large institutions are risk averse. If AW didn't want to play by their rules, he can certainly move along. But at no point is SU at fault for wanting him to play by their rules.

I think JB has financially benefited from his relationship from AW. I recall Jimmy at the Patriots superbowl in plum seats. I thought they were gifts from AW.

My guess is Jim likes money, won't upset this apple cart and is going to lay low on the relationship and blowing anyone up over it. After all it's like a divorce for him. Both of his parents (SU and AW) support him financially or did to some extent. he probably still loves both
Good guess. I think he'll tip some information at least to dispell some bad information. A lot of egg on the face of AD and Chancellor. Mostly by emotional fans that overvalued AW. It's literally Jim's job to promote the program and school. To put boosters' minds at ease, he might have to go places. Or he might not have to but will anyways!

Many of my posts are the short answer variety. I don’t have time for long drawn out responses. His post I responded to makes about 99 claims. It would take forever one by one especially when most are off. Yea, Kent doesn’t like JB so he jettisoned Adam. LOL.
I agree with your take Bees my point is it didnt help.

Lol think Adam lost more fans yesterday than Syracuse.

Cuse Radio confirmed theres multiple NIL contributors who have and will have a bigger impact.
Too many people concerned about who's in and who's out regarding NIL. Does it even matter at this point? Do we even have a player on our team bringing in any sort of considerable money from NIL? Other than Elijah Moore is there anyone in our pipeline destined for 6 figures?

What's the point of discussing if nothing is even getting done to begin with.

Too many people concerned about who's in and who's out regarding NIL. Does it even matter at this point? Do we even have a player on our team bringing in any sort of considerable money from NIL? Other than Elijah Moore is there anyone in our pipeline destined for 6 figures?

It’s not about our current players. It’s about having enough NIL money to entice the elite transfers to come here

I'd assume we splashed some cash for JJ Starling... might have gotten bigger offers elsewhere, but it is my understanding he wanted to come home as well.

I have no direct idea other than what has been published

My take on Adam who i know from Skaneateles.
He is a very good person. Does 10 times more quietly than not
Kent has had an issue with JB since Jim backed out of his commitment to turn the reigns over to hop.
Adam is one of Jims best friends.
Adam went out of his way to clear everything with SU compliance regarding NIL
Kents beef with Adam has zero to do with Adam doing any illegal NIL activities.
Kent has an issue with JB.
Kent goes to bed in his suit.
Kent is by all accounts an excellent chancellor who has been in the academic bubble his entire life.
Kent and Adam are from different sides of the tracks.
Adam is his own man and does things to promote his brand. NIL is all about a player promoting something, endorsing something it doesn't have to be about charitable efforts. It is about using the individuals name image and likeness to promote something and to be paid for that promotion, effort and or endorsement.
Adam was willling to pay kids to promote his brand and to do good things. He was willing to help mentor kids.
Adams background is a heck of a lot closer to the background of most of our players than Kent will ever be.
Adams flashy and Kent doesn't understand or like that.
Did I mention Kent has an issue with Jim.

my take on this is one sided so im sure there may be more to this. But i truly believe that Kent has let his personal beliefs vs facts get in the way of one of SUs biggest supporters. Adam was a game changer for us. He bleeds orange and Kent chased away a really good guy. NOT a bad individual but a really good guy who just happens to be very different from the Syracuse Chancellor.
Kent screwed up big time in my opinion and should be worried more about raising the academic standards of Syracuse vs getting into a pissing match with one of the athletic departments' biggest supporters.
Kent wears his suit to bed? That seems wrong

I don’t know if I’d call them best friends, but they’re certainly good friends. They’ve attending major events together and they’ve had many a dinner together especially after a home game. Some of these things have had pictures posted here.

Which is what NIL is supposed to be. Even Ruiz is doing that with Lifewallet which is in financial trouble.
I wonder what the total combined amount of NIL paid to players in the Final Four was. I don’t think it’s nearly as high as people think

Just to be clear, I've asked this question a half-dozen times over the past 24 hours, and no one has answered it.
I answered you and I've seen numerous other people answer you too, Scooch. See Jesse's thread pages 53-54.

Me: "His intention was to benefit from landing a 5 star recruit for a million bucks, as is his right. He likely would not get the same return on donating to a collective. It's like Pepsi offering to sponsor an elite professional athlete in exchange for the athlete promoting Pepsi products, but the athlete says no but you can give me the money anyway. There's a degree of fandom and charity in college NIL, but at the end of the day it's business."

You: "This makes sense to me. And I agree, he can do whatever he wants, obviously. But let's not pretend he's some cherub-like good soul who only cares about dear ol' SU and his charities. He wants ROI."

me: "I don't think anyone is denying that though. You don't become a billionaire by being a cherub-like good soul who throws money away. But why would Weitsman getting a ROI matter to Syracuse or fans? That's how deals work -- all parties enjoy a benefit. Also it gives the arrangement longevity."

I'll add that this concept is the most normal thing ever. We live in a capitalist country, and people capitalize on things. JMA didn't just contribute to a collective, it had the Dome named after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.