Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
when we get our first recruit, A LOT AND I MEAN A LOT of people will owe him an apology. and i am DAMN PROUD to not be 1 of them.

the amount of times i heard on here and everywhere else "its a matter of time before he gets us in trouble" and criticism of him bringing celebs to games was outrageous and stupid.

How every Cuse fan didnt embrace him and thank him is BEYOND my capability of understanding. and if your blood is boiling with anger and resentment reading this, YOU are part of the Onondaga county study i just read about in this forum of what holds back this region is just having a general negative attitude. and its not to late to turn your life around and go to a game and be a fan of this great institution that we have in our backyards.
I posted a while ago that I thought Adam would get involved in NIL and it would be exactly what we needed. I was surprised that a number of people responded that he'll never actually do it and never has actually done anything for the program and it's all a mirage. Guy is like a white knight saving Cuse from falling into the bottomless pit of basketball despair. Yes, others will contribute, and have contributed, but having a billionaire making "eye-popping" offers is exactly what's needed to get national attention from top players.

Good question, it is pretty late in the game for this cycle. But, maybe we could even get the attention of some committed players that aren't currently getting a big NIL deal.
I have to think JB called Adam and said it's impossible to get top players without NIL and he needs help. Would love if he could scoop up someone for 2023, but the caliber player he wants (e.g. Zion-like) would be a tough get now. I don't think he would offer a smaller amount for a 4-star, because he wants brand exclusivity and to start with a less-than-top-player would water it down.

It's likely a good start at least. Call it a test and learn... and also maybe something to attract more investors...
"Investors"...great choice of words.

But everyone should be honest about this.
It's really paying players to come to your school.

Paying someone makes that person a professional.
College basketball has become another form of professionalism.

No more under the table stuff.
It's out in the open.

Syracuse...along with potentially every other college...will have a professional team.
Even if the college isn't the entity making the payments.

And every recruit is going to want to get something.

It's out in the open.

Syracuse...along with potentially every other college...will have a professional team.

It was ALWAYS already like this.

And every recruit will not get something, since like with the Pros - the better players make exponentially more than the benchwarmers.

Who still do pretty damn well in the grand scheme of things.

Estrella got more than $1M from Tennessee, and he doesn't even have 5 stars next to his name. And the natural market for services that is being formed will drive up the cost every year. If Adam's hunting players like Zion, we won't be the only $1M offer they get.
Estrella did not get more than $1 million per year.

It's out in the open.

college sports have been professional for decades.

Do fans realize there several NIL collectives supporting Syracuse besides Adam? It appears the answer is no.

yes but i doubt any of those reach $1 million per year combined. All the support is great and even getting $5k to a kid may be the deciding factor.

sooo I don't necessarily think JB approved for Adam to go public public with this especially with the Miami booster getting looked at right now. Knowing JB's recruiting history and how he realllllly doesn't change up his style, I know that in the past (before NIL), if a recruit or his family started talking about $, JB automatically stopped recruiting the player. He really doesn't play with that type of stuff and I don't think all of suddent with NIL, he's changing his tune. Of course, he'll talk about it now and say there's opportunities but he isn't doing the Miami thing. Seems like Adam took things into his own hands a lil bit and HAS to have been paying attention to recruiting lately and saying enough is enough.

Also, with the new age limit happening in 2024 most likely, 5 stars are going to jump pro. I would rather we chop up some of that millie into payments for some solid, top 50 recruits but also top transfers but not my money. Should be interesting

sooo I don't necessarily think JB approved for Adam to go public public with this especially with the Miami booster getting looked at right now. Knowing JB's recruiting history and how he realllllly doesn't change up his style, I know that in the past (before NIL), if a recruit or his family started talking about $, JB automatically stopped recruiting the player. He really doesn't play with that type of stuff and I don't think all of suddent with NIL, he's changing his tune. Of course, he'll talk about it now and say there's opportunities but he isn't doing the Miami thing. Seems like Adam took things into his own hands a lil bit and HAS to have been paying attention to recruiting lately and saying enough is enough.

Also, with the new age limit happening in 2024 most likely, 5 stars are going to jump pro. I would rather we chop up some of that millie into payments for some solid, top 50 recruits but also top transfers but not my money. Should be interesting
Going outside of JB, do you think Wildhack knew, approved, etc?

I love football but I wish it was 2 million for hoop only. I think you get more bang for your buck with hoop. We know the guys we are recruiting in hoop with that kind of $$ will be good. Football is a crap shoot.

I find it hard to believe that Weitsman would do this without JB’s blessing.

Going outside of JB, do you think Wildhack knew, approved, etc?
not sure tbh. This whole scenario, I have no direct pulse on. I have a connect on recruiting but jesus, lately even the assistant coach connection is a crap shoot because they have been getting dogged lately

I find it hard to believe that Weitsman would do this without JB’s blessing.
You think JB wants anymore heat or eyes on the program in his final year(s)? The Miami situation is basically the same thing we're trying to implement and Adam was very careful (but not perfect) on his words. Plus how JB feels about NIL, just seems more likely he wasn't than was

You think JB wants anymore heat or eyes on the program in his final year(s)? The Miami situation is basically the same thing we're trying to implement and Adam was very careful (but not perfect) on his words. Plus how JB feels about NIL, just seems more likely he wasn't than was
guys are actually getting all kinds of money out there. I doubt we would get in trouble because someone talked about money.

He went on the radio locally and basically asked for fans to donate money about 2 months ago.

Adam I have zero doubt ran this through numerous people at SU and especially compliance. I also think JB was one of them. Remember, JB has asked the public to step up in the NIL game.

guys are actually getting all kinds of money out there. I doubt we would get in trouble because someone talked about money.
It's the part on if they come to the school or not. He had to state that because the Miami Adam isnt doing that and basically waving checks for kids to come and in the NCAA eyes, thats illegal
(I def agree with you, no one is going to get in trouble. Wayyyyyy too much grey area)

Adam I have zero doubt ran this through numerous people at SU and especially compliance. I also think JB was one of them. Remember, JB has asked the public to step up in the NIL game.
Definitely on the compliance part and I think JB obviously was briefed on this but if you think JB had a smile that Adam went public with this, yaaa idk about that.
Also, we're forgetting that this an athletics department play and not just a hoops play...I'm sure Dino is smiling ear to ear for this because it will help in his recruiting on the football side

I love football but I wish it was 2 million for hoop only. I think you get more bang for your buck with hoop. We know the guys we are recruiting in hoop with that kind of $$ will be good. Football is a crap shoot.
Football is not a crap shoot if we can get a 5 star QB...Football also pulls in more TV revenue than BBall. I think Adam made a good choice to include Football.

Definitely on the compliance part and I think JB obviously was briefed on this but if you think JB had a smile that Adam went public with this, yaaa idk about that.
Also, we're forgetting that this an athletics department play and not just a hoops play...I'm sure Dino is smiling ear to ear for this because it will help in his recruiting on the football side

I’m not saying JB was happy about it being made so public. Just that he knew what was going on and was fine with it as long as compliance was 100% on board with how Adam is going to execute this.

Everything I’ve read and saw says JB and Weitsman are two peas in a pod, you think Adam Ain’t gonna run this by JB? Like I said, hard to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.