Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the last 2 5 star football players that Syracuse has successfully recruited?

Maybe Scott Freeney? Dulayne Morgan? Johnny Morant? Cecil?

All way back.

Maybe Scott Freeney? Dulayne Morgan? Johnny Morant? Cecil?

All way back.
I was thinking Morant and Cecil but the others work for my point as well. You want
to spend 1 million on any of those guys? Football is so much tougher to know who
will be good and who will be a bust. Plus, the 5 star doesn't make as much difference
as a 5 star in hoop.

I was thinking Morant and Cecil but the others work for my point as well. You want
to spend 1 million on any of those guys? Football is so much tougher to know who
will be good and who will be a bust. Plus, the 5 star doesn't make as much difference
as a 5 star in hoop.
Plus, I don't think a million gets you a 5 star in football. Maybe a low 5 star in basketball.

The starting qb at Alabama, is getting 800k
I've read that he is up to $3.2MM this year. But, he is the reigning Heisman Trophy winner and those are multiple deals. A million for a single deal is really good. Whoever gets that from Weitsman will also get other NIL deals, as well.

sooo I don't necessarily think JB approved for Adam to go public public with this especially with the Miami booster getting looked at right now. Knowing JB's recruiting history and how he realllllly doesn't change up his style, I know that in the past (before NIL), if a recruit or his family started talking about $, JB automatically stopped recruiting the player. He really doesn't play with that type of stuff and I don't think all of suddent with NIL, he's changing his tune. Of course, he'll talk about it now and say there's opportunities but he isn't doing the Miami thing. Seems like Adam took things into his own hands a lil bit and HAS to have been paying attention to recruiting lately and saying enough is enough.

Also, with the new age limit happening in 2024 most likely, 5 stars are going to jump pro. I would rather we chop up some of that millie into payments for some solid, top 50 recruits but also top transfers but not my money. Should be interesting
Absolutely certain that Boeheim, Wildhack and Mark Wheeler were deeply involved in every detail of this announcement.

Absolutely certain that Boeheim, Wildhack and Mark Wheeler were deeply involved in every detail of this announcement.
Adam calls when a kid enters one of his restaurants. There is zero doubt that Adam would do anything without the blessing of those guys

Maybe he can give JB a little extra to get on a plane and introduce himself to players his assistants are recruiting.
His Jet is available to JB anytime he needs it

Is there a VCR on that thing? Because, Juli tapes Matlock for JB, so he can watch it at his leisure.
Yes, its Beta. Also, Adam has a full library of the wild wild west, Mayberry, Hawaii five o and the Honey mooners.

Yes, its Beta. Also, Adam has a full library of the wild wild west, Mayberry, Hawaii five o and the Honey mooners.
All on a 19” color console television with a wired clicker.

All kidding aside. JB has every tool at his disposal. It is his choice to use them or not. His lack of effort is what it is. What is interesting is the JB did some of his best work during the covid recruiting period. Limited travel.

Without a doubt. Maybe even some negotiating...

What about Columbo and the facts of life

Adam and Jim are close he would never do anything without his sign off or anything to disgrace Jb and the university. He is a top-notch supporter of the program that we should all be thankful for.

Who are the last 2 5 star football players that Syracuse has successfully recruited?
Johnnie morant was the last I believe. Maybe Rob Konrad before that? But we didn’t have a milli before yesterday. Things changed.

Plus, I don't think a million gets you a 5 star in football. Maybe a low 5 star in basketball.
Lol what????? Donna just wrote an article that said there are less than 10 (off of memory but def not many) making a million total right now. Across 2 sports and 4 years.

A milli for 1 player from 1 donater is a GAME CHANGER!

You prob hated Weitsman for bringing celebs to games. You are def part of that Onondaga study with the negative outlook. Get your life together before it’s too late. (Kidding bro. Kind of. Maybe. Honestly, not kidding at all. Get your life together.)

Lol what????? Donna just wrote an article that said there are less than 10 (off of memory but def not many) making a million total right now. Across 2 sports and 4 years.

You prob hated Weitsman for bringing celebs to games. You are def part of that Onondaga study with the negative outlook. Get your life together before it’s too late. (Kidding bro. Kind of. Maybe.)
FYI for all you haters. This deal is absolutely UNREAL!!!

Attachments

• DD9B404F-321E-4273-B94C-04AA3A239367.jpeg
    DD9B404F-321E-4273-B94C-04AA3A239367.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 92

You prob hated Weitsman for bringing celebs to games. You are def part of that Onondaga study with the negative outlook. Get your life together before it’s too late. (Kidding bro. Kind of. Maybe.)
Overreact much? No, I think this is great. I read an article earlier that listed the top ten in football and the lowest of those 10 was $1.2 million. I don’t think any of them were incoming freshmen. So, yes, this helps a ton.

Overreact much? No, I think this is great. I read an article earlier that listed the top ten in football and the lowest of those 10 was $1.2 million. I don’t think any of them were incoming freshmen. So, yes, this helps a ton.

I actually posted an article. Post yours. Let’s see.

Are you talking about this article?

Spencer rattler ain’t getting 2 mil a year. That’s an absolute joke.

And “worth” is probably the overall value of deals. Not $1 mil ANNUALLY.

I actually posted an article. Post yours. Let’s see.

Are you talking about this article?

Spencer rattler ain’t getting 2 mil a year. That’s an absolute joke.

And “worth” is probably the overall value of deals. Not $1 mil ANNUALLY.
Yes, that’s the one I read. These guys are signing multiple deals. So, Adam’s at a $1 million chunk is great. I could see a 5 star getting to the bottom of that list here. That is huge. I honestly thought the numbers would be higher. But, I think the SEC schools spread the wealth throughout the team. I don’t know for sure, but I would suspect Bama has 10-15 players at $400k+.

I posted a while ago that I thought Adam would get involved in NIL and it would be exactly what we needed. I was surprised that a number of people responded that he'll never actually do it and never has actually done anything for the program and it's all a mirage. Guy is like a white knight saving Cuse from falling into the bottomless pit of basketball despair. Yes, others will contribute, and have contributed, but having a billionaire making "eye-popping" offers is exactly what's needed to get national attention from top players.
Well, let’s see someone sign the dotted line before he’s labeled savior

Status
Not open for further replies.