Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

In any case, and if nothing else, it will be such a breath of fresh air to have a coach the players love, who doesn't sh__ on players publicly, and who is (seemingly?) willing to play m2m defense.

(from someone who has long been labeled a blind JB apologist)

I wish Coach Boeheim the best, I think he'd be great as a college basketball commentator.

Coach Autry was not one of my choices as new head coach but I do think he could be successful, time will tell.

Look. Be snarky all you want. We did not hire a search firm, but John has actively been planning for this for at least the last two years. I can guarantee you there were external clients considered and back channel communication explored. This was not a lazy, path of least resistance decision. Did we get to the point that we brought multiple candidates in for repetitive rounds of interviews? No. But there were many sources on input that went into this decision and Ted was far from the only candidate.

Does Red know about Ted though?

Jokes aside.. appreciate you sharing this

I really hope this works out. I've never been a fan of promoting within in the world of sports (with rare exception) and I'm afraid we are going to see what a bad Syracuse team really looks like in the next few years, and these last couple of years were not it.

Hope Red goes out and gets some guards, in the mold of Villanova / Baylor that can come in and play next year.

And I hope he convinces Jesse to stay. But if not, I hope he goes and gets a 240 pound inside guy who can score and rebound.

And I hope he ratchets up the defense, and doesn't sit back and let teams dictate tempo to us anymore.

And lastly, I hope he emphasizes rebounding more than his predecessor.

This is a good move to Autry for a few reasons.

1.) He’ll pound the transfer portal.
2.) He’s a player’s coach and is all about building relationships with guys in the way JB wasn’t.

I like it.

Here’s to you coach! Thank you for making Syracuse Basketball the institution we all love today. Though the past few years have been below our standards, most programs in the country dream of such tragic conditions. Now that it’s done, hopefully the people on this board can look back and remember the great times that vastly outnumber the bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom