AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

Amazing. They cut it off a little too early on that tweet too. The way he kept going(the same way the crowd does) after the music cut off was what took it even further over the top. Props to MJF for egging him on the whole time and then critiquing him afterwards too.

AEW truly is becoming a better booked,
smarter WCW.
I found a better clip and edited it.

Also how Jericho sold the no future crowds at the end was just utter genius.

I found a better clip and edited it.

Also how Jericho sold the no future crowds at the end was just utter genius.

I forgot about the “pumpkin headed” part of it. Lol.

Triple H did the crowdless Smackdown last week with Cole and was great imo (Cole wasn't too bad either since Vince wasn't around). Mr. H's was going to do the crowdless NXT tonight.

DVRed both shows tonight.. haven't watched either yet.

AEW: 932,000
NXT: 542,000

I thought that what AEW did last night to create an 'audience' w/o a crowd was genius.

Going off memory, that looks like the biggest margin of victory they’ve had yet?

I can’t speak to the quality of NXT’s show, but AEW soundly beats Raw and Smackdown in terms of quality and entertainment value.

Going off memory, that looks like the biggest margin of victory they’ve had yet?

I can’t speak to the quality of NXT’s show, but AEW soundly beats Raw and Smackdown in terms of quality and entertainment value.
NXT just showed highlights of matches building current feuds with Triple H hosting.

That ending last night reminded me of the South Park wrestling episode where they were acting a soap opera out there.
It was funny, cringe bad acting and actually developing a story.

That ending last night reminded me of the South Park wrestling episode where they were acting a soap opera out there.
It was funny, cringe bad acting and actually developing a story.

Well...it happened. I lost track of what day it was and had no idea it was on last night - even though I watch every week. It was bound to happen at some point.

I never listened to Cody’s theme before but man is a direct shot at Vince and WWE.

That Hager-Moxley segment was great.

Amazing how much better this company has been at pushing both of those guys effectively.

Schiavone and Jericho on commentary have been gold the last few weeks. Best thing going.

So there’s a PPV tonight? I’m tempted. Nothing on and not a lot to do. Anybody going to watch?

I don’t see any real dream matches on the card, but it looks watchable at least.

So there’s a PPV tonight? I’m tempted. Nothing on and not a lot to do. Anybody going to watch?

I don’t see any real dream matches on the card, but it looks watchable at least.

I'm thinking about it. I'm sure that the stadium match will be insane. I also think Cody and Archer is a can't-miss. One of the key matches will be MJF vs. Jungle Boy. They could be the two biggest stars in the promotion down the road, so there's a lot of pressure on them to do well tonight.

Hmmm. looks like I'm talking myself into it.

I'm thinking about it. I'm sure that the stadium match will be insane. I also think Cody and Archer is a can't-miss. One of the key matches will be MJF vs. Jungle Boy. They could be the two biggest stars in the promotion down the road, so there's a lot of pressure on them to do well tonight.

Hmmm. looks like I'm talking myself into it.

Yes, those are the matches that intrigue me the most too - and I’m sure the ladder match will be entertaining. If nothing else, it’s always fun to pick a guy to root for in a match like that. I’m pulling for Darby Allen.

Not having a crowd sucks, but on their weekly shows AEW has managed to make that aspect fairly entertaining. Having the heels and faces both out there acting as fans has made for some pretty funny moments.

Iron Mike and Jake the Snake in the same place at the same time! Two of the unique entertainers of all time.

BTW, the Stadium Stampede match was pretaped, and people who have seen it are raving about it.

I did see that, but that's like...the people who booked it and work for AEW and want you to buy the PPV? Not exactly an unbiased source

I did see that, but that's like...the people who booked it and work for AEW and want you to buy the PPV? Not exactly an unbiased source

True. But that was unbelievable. Plus, I think they worked every football cliche they could into that. It wasn't wrestling, but it sure was sports entertainment.

True. But that was unbelievable. Plus, I think they worked every football cliche they could into that. It wasn't wrestling, but it sure was sports entertainment.

That was quite the over the top spectacle, lol. I was entertained. Given the current limitations, I’m all for trying different things. Jericho getting pelted by footballs and later throwing the challenge flag when he thought he had a pin, Ortiz not knowing how to swim, the Alex Wright TD dance...there was some stuff that cracked me up.

I really think they need a Mid Card Title. AEW World Television Championship.

That was quite the over the top spectacle, lol. I was entertained. Given the current limitations, I’m all for trying different things. Jericho getting pelted by footballs and later throwing the challenge flag when he thought he had a pin, Ortiz not knowing how to swim, the Alex Wright TD dance...there was some stuff that cracked me up.

I loved Kenny and the Cowboy at the bar, Kenny with his milk and Cowboy with the hard stuff; the Jacksonville mascot getting decked; the sprinklers coming on and soaking Sammy Guevara; the different incarnations of Matt Hardy; the horse. Those scary-as-bleep stunts. And a dozen other spots. Just so cool.

Last edited:
I really think they need a Mid Card Title. AEW World Television Championship.

They just added the TNT Title. I don't think they need more titles, just need to keep the titles important. So far, they've done it.

Not a fan of Cody going over the young guy they tried to get super over on everyone else.
I wouldn’t have put him in the tournament if Cody was winning.

It was a good show though.