AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

I thought the Cain angle was really good, though I did think the same thing as people here re: his physique.

I get that the business model is totally different now, but it sucks Cain-Brock is at the Saudi show

With Cain not being signed by WWE is it just me or does this seem like a monumental opportunity for AEW to do something to really amp up this rivalry.

I think he is as clsoe to being signed as you possibly can be. That said, yes.

However, if he's booked for the Saudi show, theres just no way AEW will outbid WWE

Shawn Michaels got 3.5 million dollars for his match at the Saudi show.
Vince throws insane money at those shows.
Cain-Brock is destined for a Saudi show.

Didn't Swagger get in trouble for accidentally hurting people, or not protecting people, in the ring?

Don't know if Cain will be a one-off or not, but he and Lesnar are wrestling in Saudi Arabia.

The thing that WWE can't do week after week is 'hot-shot'. We all know that nostalgia pops are always short-term. Yes, the rating on Smackdown was very good, although it was actually lower than the rating for the same Friday last year when Fox premiered two new shows. I really wonder how much of that first week's audience they will retain. I expect the falloff to be steep.

I also expect a similar drop-off for AEW from week 1.

Many people made it priority watch because it was week 1. And while they delivered a good product, personally I will not likely watch week 2 as there are many competing things (hockey, baseball playoffs, work, personal time). I

I also expect a similar drop-off for AEW from week 1.

Many people made it priority watch because it was week 1. And while they delivered a good product, personally I will not likely watch week 2 as there are many competing things (hockey, baseball playoffs, work, personal time). I
Yeah I am just going to DVR it each week. I stopped DVRing Raw/Smackdown because the product just became too stale.

Sounds like the WWE angered tonnes of people tonight with their finish to the PPV main event.

Disqualification in a Hell in the Cell Match?

Sounds like the WWE angered tonnes of people tonight with their finish to the PPV main event.

Disqualification in a Hell in the Cell Match?
Didn’t even know they had a PPV last night.
However #cancelWWEnetwork is trending on twitter still.

They must have really pissed people off. Like royal rumble 2015 bad based on the reactions.
No clue what they did. Vince has killed his product.

WWE tried to channel their inner 'Glacier' by bathing the ring in red light. It, uh, didn't work.

Didn’t even know they had a PPV last night.
However #cancelWWEnetwork is trending on twitter still.

They must have really pissed people off. Like royal rumble 2015 bad based on the reactions.
No clue what they did. Vince has killed his product.

Summary:
Wyatt destroyed Seth for awhile.

Seth eventually got the upper hand and hit him with like 10 Curb stomps. Wyatt kept kicking out on 1. Rollins looks shocked, stomps him more, etc.

Seth hits him in the face with a chair...still a one count. Seth piles a ladder, chair, etc. on his head and slams a tool box on him. That might’ve got a two count.

Finally Seth gets a sledge hammer. Referee tries to talk sense into him, pleading with him not to do it. Seth hesitates, then eventually smashes the hammer into the pile covering Wyatt’s head. Referee immediately calls for the bell, panics for help, etc.

Medics rush out with stretcher. At some point Wyatt suddenly pops up like nothing happened and locks in the mandible claw on Rollins until he bleeds out of his mouth.

Crowd was booing basically from the point where Rollins kept hitting curb stomps. Once the DQ happened they really got mad. They had a loud AEW chant going at one point.

Last edited:
Summary:
Wyatt destroyed Seth for awhile.

Seth eventually got the upper hand and hit him with like 10 Curb stomps. Wyatt kept kicking out on 1. Rollins looks shocked, stomps him more, etc.

Seth hits him in the face with a chair...still a one count. Seth piles a ladder, chair, etc. on his hand and slams a tool box on him. That might’ve got a two count.

Finally Seth gets a sledge hammer. Referee tries to talk sense into him, pleading with him not to do it. Seth hesitates, then eventually smashes the hammer into the pile covering Wyatt’s head. Referee immediately calls for the bell, panics for help, etc.

Medics rush out with stretcher. At some point Wyatt suddenly pops up like nothing happened and locks in the mandible claw on Rollins until he bleeds out of his mouth.

Crowd was booing basically from the point where Rollins kept hitting curb stomps. Once the DQ happened they really got mad. They had a loud AEW chant going at one point.
Lol that is hilarious.
So basically Vince didn’t want to put the belt on Wyatt and rushed him to the title to have that ending.

Isn’t Triple H known to use a sledgehammer a lot? I mean I remember him busting Brock Lesnar face and bleeding with a sledgehammer.
Lol what a chit booking. That is brutal.
I will say how I hate that guys kick out of finishers way too damn much.
Like once a year at a WM it’s cool to see a kick out on a finisher but they killed finishers with how much they kick out. Cena and Hogan were the worst at that.
They kick out of a every finisher.
I can’t remember many people kicking out of a stone cold stunner. It made that move mean a lot more.

Lol that is hilarious.
So basically Vince didn’t want to put the belt on Wyatt and rushed him to the title to have that ending.

Isn’t Triple H known to use a sledgehammer a lot? I mean I remember him busting Brock Lesnar face and bleeding with a sledgehammer.
Lol what a chit booking. That is brutal.
I will say how I hate that guys kick out of finishers way too damn much.
Like once a year at a WM it’s cool to see a kick out on a finisher but they killed finishers with how much they kick out. Cena and Hogan were the worst at that.
They kick out of a every finisher.
I can’t remember many people kicking out of a stone cold stunner. It made that move mean a lot more.

The Match was completely ridiculous, which given Wyatt’s character...I guess makes sense. He’s basically an unkillable horror movie character. ‘91 impervious to pain Undertaker meets ‘97 Kane(red light throughout the match and all!)meets Freddy, Jason, etc. with Mankind’s mandible claw.

Rollins getting to where he was destroying him(even though he couldn’t keep him down or pin him) was pissing people off. Seth is booked way too strong.

The lack of logic in the DQ was mind blowing. Fans were loudly chanting “restart the match” once Wyatt got up.

The bleeding out of the mouth was so over the top.

It’s like they booked themselves into a corner by putting Wyatt in the title match, even though they had no intention of putting the title on him in his first match. Feels like he should’ve been destroying people in his first few matches until they were ready to put the title on him.

*I’m mad that Becky beat Sasha. Sasha is white hot right now and needs the title.

There’s definitely a perception that Rollins, Lynch, and Charlotte are the company favorites.

There’s definitely a perception that Rollins, Lynch, and Charlotte are the company favorites.
Of course this is true. Vince is afraid to create stars because he loses leverage on them.
You know deep down Vince and HHH resent the fact the Rock is a Hollywood A lister and doesn’t need them.
He has pushed one guy at a time for a while since then.
Cena then Reigns now Rollins.

I think Vince was so focused on Raw and Smackdown this week, he forgot their was a show last night. I'm pretty sure they announced 4 matches on the day of the show - way to build!

ESPN says it's a sport. Do you cancel your NFL Sunday ticket subscription because you dont like who wins?

There are several real options for wrestling fans to enjoy. The NWA, which is now owned by Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins, just had their debut of NWA Power yesterday. It's a studio wrestling show and will remind you of the wrestling of your 'ute. No, the talent is not overwhelming, but it's a well-produced show and has Jim Cornette on commentary, always a plus. Worth checking out.

ESPN says it's a sport. Do you cancel your NFL Sunday ticket subscription because you dont like who wins?

We know it’s not a sport though. It’s more of a show.

FWIW, I cancelled Netflix probably 6 months ago because there was nothing I wanted to watch and wasn’t getting my money’s worth. I regularly give up on shows when I think the quality drops too low.

We know it’s not a sport though. It’s more of a show.

FWIW, I cancelled Netflix probably 6 months ago because there was nothing I wanted to watch and wasn’t getting my money’s worth. I regularly give up on shows when I think the quality drops too low.

I understand. It shouldnt be covered by ESPN is my point

Looking forward to AEW tonight.

My dodgers are in game 5, Cuse and the Giants both play Thursday, and the Breaking Bad movie comes out on Friday.

I will DVR it and look forward to watching it sometime soon!

My dodgers are in game 5, Cuse and the Giants both play Thursday, and the Breaking Bad movie comes out on Friday.

I will DVR it and look forward to watching it sometime soon!

Yeah I think my day from 4 Central on is going to be glued to both NL games but probably flip over to the wrestling in the commercials.

So just read if they have to start the National Dodgers on TNT, AEW will run their whole show on TruTV. If that happens, I wouldn't look at the ratings too much this week