AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

Jericho- Cody
Moxley - Omega

AEW throwing out two of the biggest name matches they can possibly throw out at this point, at Full Gear. I may actually buy the PPV.

Jericho- Cody
Moxley - Omega

AEW throwing out two of the biggest name matches they can possibly throw out at this point, at Full Gear. I may actually buy the PPV.
I am a quality over quantity guy when I eat, or spend for entertainment.

I would rather pay more for good stuff than get cheaper stuff that isn’t the same.
I mean if it’s minor I don’t care but i will order the AEW PPV over 5 months of the WWE network.
Quality is better.

I am a quality over quantity guy when I eat, or spend for entertainment.

I would rather pay more for good stuff than get cheaper stuff that isn’t the same.
I mean if it’s minor I don’t care but i will order the AEW PPV over 5 months of the WWE network.
Quality is better.

Yup. I’m in the same boat. I got the Network back when Sasha Banks came back heel, and I assumed she’d win the title at Hell in a Cell. But nope. So I’m back out. Nothing else was interesting to me.

I don't think they were that successful? From what I remember, they made money like one year. They were basically kept afloat by the Carter family. it is something (and honestly, whats more pro wrestling than convincing someone to pour more money into a money losing business) but I don't really think at any point TNA was in the same universe as WWE. And granted, AEW has run two tv shows, they're nowhere near that yet, but it sure seems more achievable.

Also: jarrett didn't really run the company for that long anyway. The Carter family bought it in like 2005? He did have some creative power on and off. But obviously Jericho will at no point be running AEW. So.
fair enough, but tna sets at least an initial bar for a rival promotion: can aew keep a weekly cable contract for the better part of a decade?

It’s amazing how good JR and Schiavone are making these matches so good.

Cole and WWE commentators have to say what Vince feeds them in their headsets.
Vince just wants to bully and embarrass people.
This AEW commentary is all about the talent.

That reminds me. I know that Mauro Ranallo has a great reputation. But, on NXT, he's over the top all the time, so he has nowhere to go when something truly special happens. He annoys me.

That reminds me. I know that Mauro Ranallo has a great reputation. But, on NXT, he's over the top all the time, so he has nowhere to go when something truly special happens. He annoys me.

He is just way way way too much. Calm down Mauro!!

Midlife Crisis Chris lol

Peace out boobs lol

Even the touch of him moving on from the interview by standing right there and going on his phone rather than leaving, while she leaves instead was well done.

Kinda like Jericho pouring a glass of the bubbly and then drinking straight from the bottle. I love when they get little things like that right.

But Mauro is sooo much better than Cole or the new jobbers they have calling Raw.

I dunno. When I'm watching a match that's decent but not all that, and the announcer is screaming like it's the most unbelievable thing he's ever seen, and when he does that match-after-match for the entire match, I do what I did Wednesday--turn back to the other show.

I dunno. When I'm watching a match that's decent but not all that, and the announcer is screaming like it's the most unbelievable thing he's ever seen, and when he does that match-after-match for the entire match, I do what I did Wednesday--turn back to the other show.
Agree that he gets a little too excited at times. But he calls a great match imo. Cole is a puppet of Vince and the news guys are meh. Graves is solid.

Agree that he gets a little too excited at times. But he calls a great match imo. Cole is a puppet of Vince and the news guys are meh. Graves is solid.

In general, the WWE announcers are terrible. Mainly b/c they have to spew out what Vince wants. It's one of the weaknesses of the product. If Mauro only got too excited at times, I'd be fine. But, to me, he has only one level, and I find it unlistenable. Contrast with Ross and Schiavone, who get excited, but only when the action warrants it.

In general, the WWE announcers are terrible. Mainly b/c they have to spew out what Vince wants. It's one of the weaknesses of the product. If Mauro only got too excited at times, I'd be fine. But, to me, he has only one level, and I find it unlistenable. Contrast with Ross and Schiavone, who get excited, but only when the action warrants it.
This was awesome from Joey Styles.
Because it’s the truth.

Mauro got fired from Smackdown because Vince hated him.
He only does NXT because HHH has the Vince creative control over it and gets who he wants.

If Vince gets control of NXT Mauro will be gonzo quick.

AEW product has been good thus far. The only knock for me to this point is going to commercial midmatch or post-match and the commercials blaring while action is still going on. The first show we missed some Jericho and others. I want to hear the call and the crowd. They gotta pay the bills, I know.

Mauro got fired from Smackdown because Vince hated him.
He only does NXT because HHH has the Vince creative control over it and gets who he wants.

If Vince gets control of NXT Mauro will be gonzo quick.

I think kind of, but don't really kid yourself, if Vince wanted him off NXT he'd be gone. I believe there were some legal issues and this was the compromise.

I think kind of, but don't really kid yourself, if Vince wanted him off NXT he'd be gone. I believe there were some legal issues and this was the compromise.
Vince has no control over NXT as of now.
It’s completely HHH’s. Rumor was it was HHH try out to see if he could replace Vince but he is never retiring.

HHH actually likes the Jim Ross style of commentary unlike Vince which is why he has Mauro.
You may be right but if Vince didn’t want him around he would be paid off lawsuit or no lawsuit.

Vince has no control over NXT as of now.
It’s completely HHH’s. Rumor was it was HHH try out to see if he could replace Vince but he is never retiring.

HHH actually likes the Jim Ross style of commentary unlike Vince which is why he has Mauro.
You may be right but if Vince didn’t want him around he would be paid off lawsuit or no lawsuit.

I'm trying to search the old observers, there was a thing with JBL and Mauro, JBL I guess (this part isn't clear) was really bullying Mauro, he left the company for a while, and then agreed to come back to work NXT only.

The main point I was tryign to make though was Vince still runs the show. HHH may have control of NXT now, but its because Vince lets him have it. He's going to get involved in NXT at some point, especially with them on Wednesday. its inevitable

I'm trying to search the old observers, there was a thing with JBL and Mauro, JBL I guess (this part isn't clear) was really bullying Mauro, he left the company for a while, and then agreed to come back to work NXT only.

The main point I was tryign to make though was Vince still runs the show. HHH may have control of NXT now, but its because Vince lets him have it. He's going to get involved in NXT at some point, especially with them on Wednesday. its inevitable

It’s amazing that one person could have as many bad stories out there about himself as JBL does.

It’s amazing that one person could have as many bad stories out there about himself as JBL does.
What really pissed me off about him was when he did the Hitler salute during a Germany house show and Vince was so pissed at the backlash he pushed JBL even more at The top.

It was offensive and typical Vince.