Akeem Jones out per TOS | Syracusefan.com

Akeem Jones out per TOS

It's a free article:

Jones admitted to CuseNation.com that the staff had not been in touch with him since they visited him on January 30th. That lack of communication was due to there not being a committable offer on the table.
One the signed letters came in for Mitch Kimble and Austin Wilson, Jones' fate with the Orange was sealed. The Syracuse staff was only looking to add two quarterbacks in this class, and Jones was not one of them.

That's too bad. Guess there's one spot open?

That is too bad for him sad really.

That's too bad. Guess there's one spot open?
I wonder if there is. Maybe they are holding it open for someone else. To be honest, I would have taken a flyer on the kid.

Cohen, from the PS, spoke with A.J. yesterday in person. This makes no sense.

Cohen did not do his homework. Period.

A green journalist new to the position and a new staff don't help...but this is on him.

He will learn. He's good. But he whiffed on this.

Yeah - his whole LOI process has not made a lot of sense... 20 years old and he had to wait for his mom to show up and sign his LOI before he can send it??

Sounds like his HS coach wasn't much of a help to him on this process... How could neither of them know he did not have an official offer?

This really stinks for Jones! I hope that his mom didn't make that trip from Georgia just to sign his LOI that no longer was valid.
Gotta wonder if the staff didn't communicate this clear enough to him, or if Jones misunderstood.

I was excited to have his athleticism on the roster. Now I will just hope for him that he gets his shot elsewhere, whether sooner or down the road.

Yeah - his whole LOI process has not made a lot of sense... 20 years old and he had to wait for his mom to show up and sign his LOI before he can send it??

Sounds like his HS coach wasn't much of a help to him on this process... How could neither of them know he did not have an official offer?

king- I think you are confusing 2 different players. Estime was the one who had to wait on a parent to sign.

Not sure what kind of support of info Jones had from his HS coach as it was never mentioned. I know he loved SU and I was hoping he would be coming here.

king- I think you are confusing 2 different players. Estime was the one who had to wait on a parent to sign.

Not sure what kind of support of info Jones had from his HS coach as it was never mentioned. I know he loved SU and I was hoping he would be coming here.

They both had to wait for the parent to sign. PS report stated that Jones' mother had to come down from Georgia!
But yes, Estime is the one who is 20 years old.

It was mentioned His Mom was in Georgia and had to come in and sign. He would have faxed the loi in earlier if she was around.

Cohen did not do his homework. Period.

A green journalist new to the position and a new staff don't help...but this is on him.

He will learn. He's good. But he whiffed on this.

Huh? What did he miss? HE TALKED TO THE KID.

Akeem Jones decided he was coming to cuse. Akeem jones didnt realize he didnt have an offer.

What was Cohen supposed to do? call the coaches who cant talk about players without their LOI's in and ask if he had an offer?

They both had to wait for the parent to sign. PS report stated that Jones' mother had to come down from Georgia!
But yes, Estime is the one who is 20 years old.

Yeah - sorry... my bad, Estime is the 20 yr. old...

Wow surprised at this one. If the kid can't fit at QB, he has great measurables to go to OLB or Safety. Get him to Milford for a year.

Huh? What did he miss? HE TALKED TO THE KID.

Akeem Jones decided he was coming to cuse. Akeem jones didnt realize he didnt have an offer.

What was Cohen supposed to do? call the coaches who cant talk about players without their LOI's in and ask if he had an offer?

In a world of Manti Te'o girlfriends, yes, he should absolutely check with those same "sources" - very likely someone at Manley - on a player that was a questionable schools from the moment his name surfaced.

And this was after Coach McDonald Tweeted that ALL quarterbacks were in.

A blogger at large is one thing...a Syracuse.com/Post-Standard writer is another. Cohen didn't do everything he was supposed to.

He will be a star. Wasn't one on this story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom