Akok Akok in the portal | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a horrible plan. We don't need just 1 of the freshman to work out. We need 1 to start plus 1 to backup both forward spots and also hope Benny makes a HUGE leap forward. We need all 3 of those things to workout to have a shot at being good

3 guard lineup is a better solution. Benny and the frosh is a crapshoot.

Who has SU offered thats in the portal?
Best info available is that we only offered Ballard. I think they are as shocked as us Ballard is going to Kansas.

Working weekend on the hill, I guess. Thus can't wait til Monday. :)

Best info available is that we only offered Ballard. I think they are as shocked as us Ballard is going to Kansas.

Working weekend on the hill, I guess. Thus can't wait til Monday. :)
akok akok

I could see us done in that regard if we were all-in on Ballard and he's now going to kansas.
We need to shift our attention to someone else if we want to win some. Games next year.

W
LOL so are over 300 players already in the portal. That isn't high praise or is it a high bar. And JBA isn't going to play much here next year. If he is still here.
Well we're only allowed to discuss guys we previously almost got so that limits it to a couple.

Akok may or may not be the answer, I trust the staff will be able to determine if the injury may have limited his abilities on the court to contribute at this level. Thats said, QB was not going to move the needle anywhere near enough to help this team win next year. We need to hit the portal to get someone who will help us do that. If this staff believes that what they have is good enough and is what they are going to roll with, fine, but they better believe, definitively, that this team as it sits right now is NCAA tournament team.

I will be shocked if we don’t see three guard lineups next year with QC getting on the court.
I’ll be surprised if QC plays much at all. We’ll need offense.

You can see the shooting stroke in the highlight films. It wasn't just 'advertised'. He may have hit a slump but the stroke is still there. Copeland could play forward. Brown looks really good. Bunch is an athlete but I don't like his shot. Carey could be phenomenal but hasn't played much in two years. I don't know about Benny - we'll see. But I think we can get two decent forwards out of the group and our backcourt and center should be terrific.
I saw Taylor play in person. Very inconsistent shooter. He’d fit as a backup at the 2 or 3 this year. Copeland is a pass first point. He’ll sit behind Mintz and Torrence this year. Bunch is the best shooter of the 3 but doesn’t score in a lot of other ways beside the 3 and isn’t a rebounder.

I saw Taylor play in person. Very inconsistent shooter. He’d fit as a backup at the 2 or 3 this year. Copeland is a pass first point. He’ll sit behind Mintz and Torrence this year. Bunch is the best shooter of the 3 but doesn’t score in a lot of other ways beside the 3 and isn’t a rebounder.

Well, we'll both find out next year. Saying anything with certainty based either on the highlights films I watch or the game you say is premature. As I've said, my off-season mode is to be hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom