Akok Akok in the portal | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember thinking Akok would've been one of our best weak side shot blockers in years had he come here out of HS. Maybe it never happens now and maybe his potato/leg/foot always cuts his play down to varying degrees. But on paper Akok seems to be a better fit than Ballard.

Give Ballard to the end of this week to decide if he wants to come home
Then move onto other targets

Is the staff even pursuing him? If not, what’s the point of all the handwringing? I like the kid and think he’d be a steal, fyi.

I keep checking this thread hoping that we’ll get indication that we’re interested and have reached out.
I do not believe or have not heard that we have offered Akok Akok at this time.

Yeah, realistically, the UConn fan said Akok often didn't know where to go, but a long, twitchy guy like this just drops down to the middle and is usually pretty well positioned for us.

Not a lot of confusion unless he's gotta run out to defend the corner three I guess.
The biggest question I would have is can he rebound in the ACC. SU and UCONN are completely different defensively.

Question I have for the group who doesn’t want this kid:

You’d rather go into next season with a sophomore who played sparingly on a 16-17 team at one forward, paired with a freshman who has yet to play college basketball?

I’m at a loss for words quite honestly. Do you want the team to be successful?

You’d rather go into next season with a sophomore who played sparingly on a 16-17 team at one forward, paired with a freshman who has yet to play college basketball?

No. The people who have a different opinion than you about Akok do not want the team to be successful.

I’m with you. If we don’t pick up a forward in the portal it seems likely that we have another losing season.

If we pick up a starting calibre forward I can hear the complaints all year, why are we playing the freshman. Can't have it both ways.

If we pick up a starting calibre forward I can hear the complaints all year, why are we playing the freshman. Can't have it both ways.
My bad, I meant to say "why aren't we playing the freshman?" JB will play all his starters 30+ minutes which will hurt the development of some of our freshman. Having said that, if you can get a player in the portal that will help you, go for it.

i want huntley hatfield (or another PF)...akok has injury issues that reminisce of sidibes potato knee

No. The people who have a different opinion than you about Akok do not want the team to be successful.
It's not that they don't want the team to be successful. It's that they don't understand the formula to build a winning team today in the portal era.

But to your point, the last thing we need is Akok all banged up.

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors