Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin entering the draft, will sign with an agent

No, the five star recruit we have coming in to play the same position.
Who will end up taking at best the third amount of shots on the team.

I think you are way, way underestimating Benny's capabilities.
I’m not, he should probably be the featured player but Buddy will take the most shots, and with the minutes Joe plays he is going to do what he does. I think you’re underestimating the amount of shots he can take in a game.

Symir isn’t going to get the minutes Kadary did, I figure Joe will get 30 minutes a game, he has shot 13.3 shots each year here per 40, I don’t see that going down which will put him at about 10 shots per game. That’s with 30 minutes per game which is probably conservative.

Not presenting it as a possibility at all, but the Orange Fizz blog story notes that recent rukes changes allow a player to sign with an agent, but still return after going through the eval process. Did I miss something?

Last edited:
By "defense" do you mean "non-defense?" Like the "defense" in the NBA All-Star game type of defense?

The zone isn’t for everyone. Lots to learn in a year.
He definitely has the hops and athleticism to potentially be a decent defender. He has to want to be good though. Put in the time and effort.
2.2 blocks and 1.6 steals per 40 is very nice for a 6’5 G/F

God forbid the kid actually wants to
Play professional basketball and is done with college hoops.

He could go undrafted, it doesn’t matter Alan doesn’t want to play for free anymore.
If my kid had the choice, I would encourage him to go play. He could go to school later, if needed

Not only that but as a new dad and even expecting dad( assuming here) thats a lot on a high major student athlete. Fills in a few things. Truly wish him all the best.
I don’t blame these kids for wanting to go pro no matter where it is to provide for their families

Now Griffin likely has an advantage because of his dad but still why play for free when you have your own kid and can always get the degree for free no post playing career.

None of these kids want to stay anymore and it’s understandable.

College hoops is broken.
It’s too bad the NBA and NBAPA can’t just find a common ground and do the MLB rule.
You can go pro out of HS the NBA teams have a budget to spend on the draft. Let them offer the kids money and if they decide to go pro sign if not then they aren’t eligible for the draft for 2 or 3 years.
Kids can go JUCO or G League if they want to only wait 1 year and go back.

It’s quite easy but this issue doesn’t matter to the PA and the NBA can’t get this passed without giving up something they probably want more.
It sucks because so many kids are going high in the lottery and nobody has a clue if they can truly play.

There is 0 chance is he as good as Wes was here. Come on.

Based on what? First off Wes was really good hear on both ends. Benny is both a good shooter, a good defender and shot blocker. Benny also comes in higher rated than Wes. I don't see much difference athleticism wise. I think it's absolutely fair to look at Benny as having that kind of season. To say zero chance is like painting him as some 3 star nobody to me.

Based on what? First off Wes was really good hear on both ends. Benny is both a good shooter, a good defender and shot blocker. Benny also comes in higher rated than Wes. I don't see much difference athleticism wise. I think it's absolutely fair to look at Benny as having that kind of season. To say zero chance is like painting him as some 3 star nobody to me.
Based on common sense. BE player of the year, All American, best player on one of our programs best team ever. He shot 50 percent from the field, 40 from 3 while playing great defense and being pretty damn clutch. Benny Williams will not do that, sorry.

Wes was 22 years old when he played here though. Hard to see a freshman playing like a 22 year old. Unless he’s close to Melo level.

Did anyone claim that?

Your interpretations are really weird sometimes.
Why was his name even brought up? It’s not even close to a comparable situation. I know Griffin wasn’t great down the stretch but he was probably our best player the first half of the season.

Why was his name even brought up? It’s not even close to a comparable situation. I know Griffin wasn’t great down the stretch but he was probably our best player the first half of the season.
It's 100% the exact same situation. Griffin got Wally pipped, like Paul Harris. You're the one tacking on the strange comparison and shifting the goal posts about whether or not Benny is as good as Wes. That's irrelevant, Griffin got the same talk that Paul Harris did, encouraging him to move on because the coaching staff feels like the replacement is going to be better.

It's 100% the exact same situation. Griffin got Wally pipped, like Paul Harris. You're the one tacking on the strange comparison and shifting the goal posts about whether or not Benny is as good as West. That's irrelevant, Griffin got the same talk that Paul Harris did, encouraging him to move on because the coaching staff feels like the replacement is going to be better.

Will be interesting to see which trio is better:

Griff/QG/Braswell vs. Benny/Swider/Jimmy

It's 100% the exact same situation. Griffin got Wally pipped, like Paul Harris. You're the one tacking on the strange comparison and shifting the goal posts about whether or not Benny is as good as Wes. That's irrelevant, Griffin got the same talk that Paul Harris did, encouraging him to move on because the coaching staff feels like the replacement is going to be better.
Griffin was leaving no matter what, if he wasn’t he would’ve entered the portal and the draft.

Griffin was leaving no matter what, if he wasn’t he would’ve entered the portal and the draft.
Doesn't alter the FACT that he got the talk, and was encouraged to move on.

And that the head coach was not sorry to see him go because he was seen as a bit of a head case internally to the program, and also because they felt like the guy coming in is going to be better. How good Benny proves to be, whether he's as good as Wes, or Comes anywhere close to it accomplishing what Wes did in his one year here is completely peripheral to the above.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom