All things said.. | Syracusefan.com

All things said..

SUfanNC

All Conference
I am in the boat where Shafer finishes his contract. Not alcohol induced as said in another thread.

I think HCSS is not the best at game situations but I think those coaches are few and far between. I think that is something that is masked when you have talent. Talent we haven't had in years and to be honest are just starting to get. I believe this is an area you can get better in over time.

I don't think you can turn a program around as fast as some think and for those who want to throw up Marrone you never know because he left. Fact is he left at the same time as Nassib and Marrone knew what we had coming in and what was here. Fact is you need to be able to recruit.

Some have said Coyle would be smart to cut ties. I say that is foolish with the sample size Coyle has. Why would I as AD cut ties when all he has is one year left. I think we have a good group coming in as well as most of the talent we have is young.

My biggest thing is the fact that Shafer has been able to identify talent early often and not always a main stream person which is imparitive when we are trying to find things that other teams have overlooked. This is where we make up ground which we have talent wise. Not everyone can identify talent and it is something that is as important as a game plan. Again you can learn to game plan.

I know I'm in the minority here but I can't let all these threads calling for his head go by. This team at frickin 3-9 hasn't given up on him even after being down 14 to the number 1 team. I can't either. I have faith that he is on the right path to how we have to rebuild. We are not a national power so we have to work twice as hard.

Last edited:
Gave up last week and even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while

sad truth here at syracuse is that we need a coach who has proven he can win with lesser talent. someone who can "out coach" the big boys. maybe with some of those wiley wins the recruiting talent may follow. shafer ain't getting' it done.

sad truth here at syracuse is that we need a coach who has proven he can win with lesser talent. someone who can "out coach" the big boys. maybe with some of those wiley wins the recruiting talent may follow. shafer ain't getting' it done.

I can't disagree enough. You have to recruit. If you hope to get a couple of upset wins to get recruiting than you may not get the win thus not get the recruit

well you must want shafer gone tomorrow, cuz we ain't getting top recruits !

well typically we'll get no 5 stars. maybe one 4 star and finish in the 50-60 range nationally.
we need a coach who can find a way to win with that level of talent and occasionally upset better programs.

tbonezone said:
well typically we'll get no 5 stars. maybe one 4 star and finish in the 50-60 range nationally. we need a coach who can find a way to win with that level of talent and occasionally upset better programs.

There is no reason we can't hover in the 30's or higher. If BC and Pitt can, we can too.

But in the whole I agree. But that goes for any program that's not a traditional power.

well typically we'll get no 5 stars. maybe one 4 star and finish in the 50-60 range nationally.
we need a coach who can find a way to win with that level of talent and occasionally upset better programs.

Agreed. We haven't had those type of classes lately. We are starting to get closer to that talent with the past class and next on and even some 2017. I would like Shafer to get better in game planning which can be done. He is starting the kids that will make a difference but they are young

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom