Alumni support David Walker as next Head Coach | Syracusefan.com

Alumni support David Walker as next Head Coach

BigRic

Walk On
Heard Qadry Ismail on Mad Dog Radio with Tom Byrne last night. He was giving insight on the Ravens.

Last question from Tom was about Syracuse football and the 25 years of hard times.

Qadry said it’s been tough.

Qadry also said he and other alumni have talked about this and would love David Walker to be the next Head Coach.

Offered no support for Dino at all.

Love to see him supporting an ex teammate for the job, but David is a tough sell given recent events.

Last edited:
So many people are hypocritical. Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Your life isn’t under the microscope like some of these coaches. The cancel culture is a modern day Salem witch trial.

This isn’t me promoting David Walker. Just saying bringing out the pitchforks when someone screws up gets old.

Last edited:
So alumni want a guy that has been coaching for nearly 30 years and has never been higher than a position coach on the college and pro level and has been out of the college game for over a decade. Yeah, that sounds smart.

Attention AD Widhack, DO NOT LISTEN TO ALUMNI! THEY ARE OUT OF THEIR MINDS!

So alumni want a guy that has been coaching for nearly 30 years and has never been higher than a position coach on the college and pro level and has been out of the college game for over a decade. Yeah, that sounds smart.

Attention AD Widhack, DO NOT LISTEN TO ALUMNI! THEY ARE OUT OF THEIR MINDS!
The football alumni just want a guy they’re familiar with. They aren’t looking at the big picture.

So many people are hypocritical. Everyone has skeletons in the closet. Your life isn’t under the microscope like some of these coaches. The cancel culture is a modern day Salem witch trial.

This isn’t me promoting David Walker. Just saying bringing out the pitchforks when someone screws up gets old.
If you want to be head football coach at a P5 university and make millions of dollars, your life is going to be under the microscope. It's a major investment in a single human being and the school has to do their due diligence. Walker was fired over "workplace behavior" just ten days ago. Does this mean he should have a scarlet letter forever? Of course not. But being hands-off with someone who was just fired that recently is not in any way a witch trial, it's just basic risk management.

Oy vey.

We should hire Eric Adams.

Or, someone who just got canned is being held accountable and not given a multi-million dollar head coaching gig 20 minutes later?

Or, someone who just got canned is being held accountable and not given a multi-million dollar head coaching gig 20 minutes later?
Nobody is saying he should be the next HC. And we don’t know the full story of what happened with his indiscretion. And I’m sure ismail isn’t even aware of it when he made the comment.

Nobody is saying he should be the next HC. And we don’t know the full story of what happened with his indiscretion. And I’m sure ismail isn’t even aware of it when he made the comment.
According to Qadry, the football alumni are saying it (other than Rob Konrad, who apparently still wants Adazio hired).

Walker as RB coach would be excellent. People probably dont' realize how screwed we are with no LQA next year and how much worse this team would be without him this year.

Offense is shaping up to be a total disaster and most of the guys who are qualified to take over the program in its current state are defensive head coaches. I don't think its crazy to force the best possible OC on the new coach and insist on a couple positional hires that will improve recruiting.

Hypocritical? The guy was just fired for cause. There is nothing hypocritical about that. Hire someone with a past like that, they get in trouble again, and it's on you. They get in trouble again, and everyone will rightly point out, what were they thinking and they can't be surprised that he got in trouble.

Depends. Are we cool with Turkish NIL money? If so, then yes.

This makes me wonder how far we are from Saudi sport washing with NIL money

Betcha Harbaugh would bite