Always Answered... 10th Anniversary Tribute | Syracusefan.com

Always Answered... 10th Anniversary Tribute

mantonio

Starter
On this 10th anniversary of our National Championship, it's a great time to think about what made that team so special.

It's so easy to simply say Carmelo was the key to our success, but it was so much more than that. The 2003 squad was special most importantly because they always had an answer for their opponents, and it came from different players throughout the game.

When we got down to Oklahoma State big, Jeremy McNeil came up huge on interior defense & GMAC was clutch on the jumpers. This was not the exception, it was the RULE. For some reason, I think mostly about Josh Pace & his flying floaters in the lane. I remember, as I watched that tourney, I wondered if or when the team would not be able to answer adversity, & we would suffer another fateful defeat like the other occasions.

That moment never came...

Hakim Warrick's final block was the symbolic answer that represented this 2003 Syracuse Squad. I had questions, they had answers. ALWAYS.

How is this relevant today?

Does this 2013 team have the heart & hustle to answer the same challenging questions?

That team was special, great mix of youth and experience as well as athleticism and desire, talent and teamwork. Not to mention a tiny portion of luck thrown in. This years team is not quite on the same level but that doesn't mean they can't do us proud. If each player can forget the bad that's happened this year and look forward, they can certainly make some noise in this tournament, and I think they will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom