Am I the only one that laughs at kids crying in the crowd when their team is losing. | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only one that laughs at kids crying in the crowd when their team is losing.

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
I feel sort of pathetic afterwards, but I LMAO seeing that Kansas fan cry.

I hate to see a child cry or suffer due to pain, poverty or other trauma or hardships. But at a sporting event when your team loses? Nope.

I'm ashamed to admit that it also makes me laugh.

There was a kid in front of me who was bawling last year during the last few minutes of the Gtown debacle at the Dome. My buddy muttered to me "welcome to Syracuse basketball, kid".

Grow a set, kids.

I'm ashamed to admit that it also makes me laugh.

There was a kid in front of me who was bawling last year during the last few minutes of the Gtown debacle at the Dome. My buddy muttered to me "welcome to Syracuse basketball, kid".

Grow a set, kids.

th

In a way, a kid crying at a sporting event / seeing his team lose could be a healthy way for them to learn to deal with adversity (at least it's not too real life).

But there is good chances when they are driving home from the arena, dad is whining and swearing about the refs and saying how they cost the game. Rather then using it as a life lesson, the kid learns that blaming others is the way to go.

When I was that young I didn't get invested in following sports teams. If I did I probably would have been a crier, though.

Have a son who is as dedicated as you are and let me know how you feel as a parent when you see that because i was that parent last night

Give me a break. This thread sucks
Totally agree. What a stupid and sick thing to get a kick out of.

In a way, a kid crying at a sporting event / seeing his team lose could be a healthy way for them to learn to deal with adversity (at least it's not too real life).

how is a kid crying at a game due to his team losing a game "healthy"?

do these kids cry when they do poorly on a math or science test?

maybe their parents should tell them that there are far more important things than sports.

I feel sort of pathetic afterwards, but I LMAO seeing that Kansas fan cry.

I hate to see a child cry or suffer due to pain, poverty or other trauma or hardships. But at a sporting event when your team loses? Nope.
You're more of a child than that kid crying.

do these kids cry when they do poorly on a math or science test?

maybe their parents should tell them that there are far more important things than sports.
Yeah,some kids do. What is your point? Sometimes kids cry when they're invested in something and it doesn't go there way. You're supposed to console them and help them through it. Eventually they grow and learn how to deal with it better. What world do you live in?

Dcuse said:
Yeah,some kids do. What is your point? Sometimes kids cry when they're invested in something and it doesn't go there way. You're supposed to console them and help them through it. Eventually they grow and learn how to deal with it better. What world do you live in?

A world that is apparently a tough guy only world. Laughable at the comments

In my world, parents should tell their kids that sports are a fun diversion, but that they're just games, and that other things (e.g. academics) are far more important. I wonder how much time these parents spend doing school work with their kids, as opposed to watching games on TV.

Well, this thread is not my one shining moment. After all my eyes did tear up a bit at a sporting event when I was in my mid 20's. When I went to the last ever baseball game in Montreal (this was my biggest sports passion) and the final game was over, and they were showing the final videos on the screen I did tear up.

In this case it was memories of going to those games with my father several times between 5 and my late teeenage years, that come over me during that time. It overwhelmed me a little bit.

samspann1 said:
In my world, parents should tell their kids that sports are a fun diversion, but that they're just games, and that other things (e.g. academics) are far more important. I wonder how much time these parents spend doing school work with their kids, as opposed to watching games on TV.

3 hours a night with homework

Being invested in a sports program is fine. Making fun of kids is very douchey

Sports are a diversion from life, but when your team loses its biggest game of the season, there is nothing wrong with showing emotion. I am a grown man and I am still not over what happened last night, won't be for a while.

Fair enough guys the board has spoken. As I said felt bad thinking that way when it happens, BUT not bad enough not to post about it. So I accept the chastising for the post.

As I said in my second post, I think sports (playing/watching) could be a good experience for kids... but it is often marred by parents who don't know how to properly frame the experiences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom