Am I the only one that laughs at kids crying in the crowd when their team is losing. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only one that laughs at kids crying in the crowd when their team is losing.

Fair enough guys the board has spoken. As I said felt bad thinking that way when it happens, BUT not bad enough not to post about it. So I accept the chastising.

I have many experiences with kids in hardship outside of the sports environment.

As I said in my second post, I also believe sports is a great lesson for kids... IF the parents choose to frame thie experience wisely. And I don't always think that is the case from many of my experiences. Perhaps that frames the inconsistency in my behaviours.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about the board "having spoken". After the 25-0 start, the people who voiced their concerns about the team's play and sub patterns were shouted down by the majority of the board.

I think people are imagining the worst when in reality its just a chuckle. That photo makes me chuckle, and probably makes most people chuckle.

but that's so wrong!

In a way, a kid crying at a sporting event / seeing his team lose could be a healthy way for them to learn to deal with adversity (at least it's not too real life).

But there is good chances when they are driving home from the arena, dad is whining and swearing about the refs and saying how they cost the game. Rather then using it as a life lesson, the kid learns that blaming others is the way to go.

You left out the part where the mom or dad records it, eggs on the clueless kid, and posts it on youtube.

Yeah I was that kid in 1987 - except in my living room and not in the Superdome for CBS to show the world.

Have a son who is as dedicated as you are and let me know how you feel as a parent when you see that because i was that parent last night

Give me a break. This thread sucks

Pretty much this

When CBS showed it the first time, I said "OK, that's a moment in time." But when they showed it again, I thought that was really overdoing it. Learning to harness your emotions is a life-long process. Ha! I saw complete meltdowns on the board from last night! I'm sure some of the posters would've rather cried than spewed some of the angst-ridden ultimatums I read. By the way, I couldn't read them until this morning, because it was a little raw.
It does get easier to handle an SU bball season as you get older, because there's a matter of perspective. Some of you must be fairly young, to laugh at crying kids etc. I remember a co -worker of mine telling me about his 10 yr old son's meltdown when we lost in '96. My own son, the same age, took advantage of the Monday evening game to play video games... Maybe his own way of coping?
I watched Kansas also losing today, showing we are not alone.
C'mon, people! It's a game. But it's also a learning tool for life.

samspann1 said:
do these kids cry when they do poorly on a math or science test? maybe their parents should tell them that there are far more important things than sports.

My mother used to tell me that. But I was 25 and still kicking cans across the quad.

Kids cry. It's part of growing up.

My 11 year old turned to me while they were showing that kid and said "Dad that was me in Boston against Ohio State."

Syracuse makes me cry every year. Even in '03, but those tears were sweet.

Bill Orange said:
Word is the kid is the son of the Kansas SID, who I would bet paid a visit to the production truck after the game.

I wonder if he falls into the "he raised his kid with the wrong priorities"category like some of the idiot posters in this thread have stated?

OK, since we are talking about college basketball and crying let me change course here a bit and say that the funniest line on TV yesterday had to be when they cut back to the studio after showing North Dakota States coach Saul Phillips crying at the post-game presser after losing to SDSU and Charles Barkley deadpanned, "Phillips isn't crying because they lost, he's crying because now he has to go back to North Dakota!" Hiyooooooooo!!!

Word is the kid is the son of the Kansas SID, who I would bet paid a visit to the production truck after the game.

I guess it's different that the kid has a vested interest in the game.

Crying fan alert at the end of the Wichita State game,

Cue the faux outrage!

samspann1 said:
No one's touching this one, I see. Hmm, wonder why...

I thought it sucked and said the same thing when it was posted on our board when it happened. I still think it sucks

if you are ten or over and male, you really shouldnt be crying over a loss. Im not saying you shouldnt be devastated, but crying is for wusses...like those euro soccer guys who roll around on the ground when they are "fouled"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom