Am I the only one that laughs at kids crying in the crowd when their team is losing. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only one that laughs at kids crying in the crowd when their team is losing.

Good or bad, just stating in my personal experience, the largest variable is the fanbase / team involved. If it was a fan of Virginia, Syracuse, Wichita St, Kansas St, Cincy.. etc, I would not bat an eyelash. I would not really feel bad or good just realize its the media trying to show emotions at the end of a game.

But if it involves a fan from a school I really dislike - Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UConn, and I am emotionally invested in the game because of this dislike, it will draw out some of these feelings at the end of the game. Not trying to justify it, just saying that the team involved is a large x factor for me.

I am a sympathetic person in real life, but bring me to the realm of sports and sometimes it changes the way you act when the interactions are purely indirect.

if you are ten or over and male, you really shouldnt be crying over a loss. Im not saying you shouldnt be devastated, but crying is for wusses...like those euro soccer guys who roll around on the ground when they are "fouled"

I have no problem with players/coaches/people associated with a team crying when they lose. Not a huge fan of when they show crying kids, AND think Barkley's joke about the ND St coach crying because he had to go back to North Dakota was tasteless.

I'm pretty confident (read: certain) that we are living at the tail end of the reign of the American Empire - the US we know won't functionally exist in another 30-40 years at the most. The total lack of empathy and compassion that gets demonstrated on a daily basis in our popular culture is a leading indicator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom