Amba Etta-Day2 | Syracusefan.com

Amba Etta-Day2

I read the NFL.com write up on him beforehand it ticks me off that they were slamming him for a lot of drops at the Senior Bowl practices. A lot of kids would have sat out and he played through injury to his hand. He is going to stick it to anyone who dismisses him

They call him a developmental backup. Confident he'll get a shot and stick

the practice write-up. His physical numbers are great and his on field production has to hold a lot of value. Loser teams will overlook him because of the practice writeup and then he'll end up on a team like the patriots

Having a lot of drops in the drills today. Probably more drops than any of the other 28 WRs in his group.

Agree kcsu

Screw drills, you can have the workout warrior, I will take the guy with production when the bright lights are on.

Totally agree, some guys look great in practice in their underwear. Look like Adonis's getting off the bus. For true players, the game slows down in real action. Watch the tape "experts". His hands were very good all year, big hands in traffic and balls off target.

The one measurable that might hurt is 31 inches for the vertical. Amazing considering how well he did with timing and catching and high pointing balls. Thus, another reason the underwear Olympics might be BS.

For all the "gamer" talk, the drops criticism was one of the big knocks on him based on game film too. The drills today only confirmed it for teams.

I still think he can contribute in the NFL but the struggles with drops isn't something new.

AET had a great season and earned his spot at the combine. He will get a shot to make an NFL team. He made a lot of contested catches as a vertical threat. But you are "mis-remembering" if you think he didn't have a drop issue.

"While he shows the ability to catch away from his frame, he had a heck of a time down in Mobile. Dropped more passes than probably any receiver down there, though I did hear a rumor he had a broken pinky. But the drops showed up on tape too, and not just the occasional “meh” drop every receiver is going to have, especially ones targeted as often as him." 2017 NFL Draft Player Profiles: Syracuse WR Amba Etta-Tawo - Steelers Depot

"Unfortunately for Etta-Tawo, he was wildly inconsistent and his hands were exposed as a flawed part of his game once again. He's a vertical receiver who has the potential to become more than that with additional work, but he looks like a developmental backup at this point." 2017 NFL Draft Profile: Amba Etta-Tawo

did he drop many last year or over his career was there a bigger issue?

AET had a great season and earned his spot at the combine. He will get a shot to make an NFL team. He made a lot of contested catches as a vertical threat. But you are "mis-remembering" if you think he didn't have a drop issue.

"While he shows the ability to catch away from his frame, he had a heck of a time down in Mobile. Dropped more passes than probably any receiver down there, though I did hear a rumor he had a broken pinky. But the drops showed up on tape too, and not just the occasional “meh” drop every receiver is going to have, especially ones targeted as often as him." 2017 NFL Draft Player Profiles: Syracuse WR Amba Etta-Tawo - Steelers Depot

"Unfortunately for Etta-Tawo, he was wildly inconsistent and his hands were exposed as a flawed part of his game once again. He's a vertical receiver who has the potential to become more than that with additional work, but he looks like a developmental backup at this point." 2017 NFL Draft Profile: Amba Etta-Tawo
I don't think I am misremembering any drop issues. He may have had some issues down in Mobile, i'd suspect mostly because he just broke his his finger. Maybe he is having some troubles with drops at the combine but he did not have a problem with drops last season. He dropped a couple i'm sure but how many balls were thrown his way. No one is perfect. All the talk of drops going into the workouts must have been old info from before he was at Syracuse. I remember drops was something brought up before he got to Syracuse but those are not problems he had while he was in a Cuse uniform on game days. And the talk of him not being fast is bunk. He has good speed. I think whoever drafts him in the mid to late rounds will be making a really good value pick.

Agree kcsu

Screw drills, you can have the workout warrior, I will take the guy with production when the bright lights are on.
The guys that play best in practice play best in games. That is a fact.

3rd round to the Giants would be nice

6th or 7th round pick maybe. No way do I want the Giants using a 3rd rounder on him. Not with the needs at OL, TE, QB, LB...

did he drop many last year or over his career was there a bigger issue?
He dropped tons of ball at UMD. It's why he didn't see the field much, or get many targets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom