Class of 2021 - And another one... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 And another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always love getting commits, always think they will devleop into superstars when we get them, but when looking at rankings/offers it‘s not real convincing that we are getting who we need to compete at the highest level of the ACC. That combined with 3 crappy seasons out of the last 4 under Dino is worrisome too. Add on top of that the stupid Covid 19 not letting us implement a new offense and defense in the spring compounds things even more. Just want to beat out some real schools on a number of recruits, not just one or two. still think Dino‘s the guy but jeez if he ain’t who the heck is? And yeah I’m liquored up right now
I am reluctantly in agreement with your self-evident sentiments. The only difference is I’m eminently sober. Lucky me.
Be that as it may, hope springs eternal.

Somebody break the news!

Aka Recruit from where ever you are let us know you’ve joined the family!

On a side note: what’s the longest we’ve ever waited from when we heard from coaches (via twitter) that we had a new commit, to finding out who it is? I know we can’t be approaching that territory yet, but I’m curious to know

Somebody break the news!

Aka Recruit from where ever you are let us know you’ve joined the family!

On a side note: what’s the longest we’ve ever waited from when we heard from coaches (via twitter) that we had a new commit, to finding out who it is? I know we can’t be approaching that territory yet, but I’m curious to know
Definitely Idris Price. Still waiting for his arrival.

I have an IPA out and just cracked the seal.

I’ve never heard that euphemism before, but hey - you must really be happy about this recruit! :p

Just s guess on Fuentes... hopefully we hear something tomorrow
Fuentes would be awesome too.. Would love to get a top notch recruit out of NYC early in this class. Given that Nick made the first tweet, I agree it might well be one of his guys (a DB). One of the reasons I was thinking Duce.

But Nick also recruits the city, so technically, anyone from the city is one of his guys.

Odds are good he is from the northeast. Odds are good he has already visited the campus. I think Covid-19 is going to make recruiting a little more regional this class. Especially for early commits. Note that we have 4 verbals to date. One is from NY, one from MA an two from PA.

That is not a coincidence.

I think the TE would be good but they are hyping this up and want it to be someone who is highly sought after. I know coaches job is to hype everything up, but I want big time recruit here with way they are acting ...

I think the TE would be good but they are hyping this up and want it to be someone who is highly sought after. I know coaches job is to hype everything up, but I want big time recruit here with way they are acting ...
You could be right about it being a big time recruit. To me, this doesn't seem too much different than the hype they have been putting out most of this cycle. It does seem like there is more of an effort to play up ALL the verbals.

If I had to guess, I'd say this is McDonald's commitment.

I doubt the coaches are accepting commits from kids who they don’t think are that good 10 months before signing day.

Last edited:
Fuentes would be awesome too.. Would love to get a top notch recruit out of NYC early in this class. Given that Nick made the first tweet, I agree it might well be one of his guys (a DB). One of the reasons I was thinking Duce.

But Nick also recruits the city, so technically, anyone from the city is one of his guys.

Odds are good he is from the northeast. Odds are good he has already visited the campus. I think Covid-19 is going to make recruiting a little more regional this class. Especially for early commits. Note that we have 4 verbals to date. One is from NY, one from MA an two from PA.

That is not a coincidence.
Well, they did get the '20 kid from the Tidewater.

Whose Nelson I can’t find his recruiting page

1588466993333.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online