and by the way | Syracusefan.com

and by the way

I thought he gave much praise to JB today, unlike in the past. When I saw he was broadcasting at the beginning of game, I was like oh no, but was pleasantly surprised.

Why do fans criticize the announcers so much?

Dan Dakitch is a career 159-144 coach, having gone 156-140 at Bowling Green, where his highlight was making the NIT twice. he was presumably fired after his last two seasons there, where he went 9-21 and 13-18. it's insane that this clown has a platform.

he went out of his way to say Syracuse is a bad job more than once, "no parking, bad weather" he was trolling
But then he said he loves coming here, one of his top three places to call a game, so there's that

Also he says we're the best fanbase in the country along with UK, so theres that too....

Last edited:
Dan Dakitch is a career 159-144 coach, having gone 156-140 at Bowling Green, where his highlight was making the NIT twice. he was presumably fired after his last two seasons there, where he went 9-21 and 13-18. it's insane that this clown has a platform.
Is the weather good or bad at Syracuse? Is the parking situation good or bad? And at the end of the day, who cares what he says?

But then he said he loves coming here, one of his top three places to call a game, so there's that

I felt like ESPN made him do that after he thrashed Syracuse so hard at the start of the game.

I thought dakich was fair. We know about the bad weather. Outside of George Costanza I've never heard anyone talk more about parking.

Really? You need a thicker skin. Syracuse does have bad weather. And every announcer says things.

No doubt. Like when Jason in the first half stated Girard took that 30-ish footer shot from Canandaigua. Most viewers other than CNY'ers would be like huh. Or, when Guerrier banked in that three, he made it sound on the air as if that wasn't his intent. ;)

He said he loves coming to Syracuse and they have fantastic fans. Yeah he also trolls. Especially Guerrier's horrific bank three.

He is a color announcer, he is suppose to add color. As much as I don't like it, his shtick is to be over the top like many others even the good ones. He is not there to make SU fans feel good.

One good comment was about JB yelling at Burama. He said yelling is coaches speak. He did point out that Bur responded well. Didn't sulk and when he came back in, did what he was suppose to do. He said the same about another player.

Last edited:
99% of colleges have crappy weather in the winter. Big deal Dan. Most kids don’t care about the weather...they care about the benjamins and the hotties.

I feel like this is how he is every single game I watch him do for any team. Sometimes it's pretty entertaining, sometimes it falls flat, but I have no issue with him.

Dakich is what he is, once you just accept his personality.

he’s not Gottleib

he went out of his way to say Syracuse is a bad job more than once, "no parking, bad weather" he was trolling
No. He said the fans are great because of those things, which are true. Don't shoot the truth teller.
Personally, I'm counting the years until I can sell my business and get out of here.

No. He said the fans are great because of those things, which are true. Don't shoot the truth teller.
Personally, I'm counting the years until I can sell my business and get out of here.
Hear ya on the first part. For the second if you're talking about being a snow bird with ya there too. If not nope question anybodys sanity as the best place to live in this country 7 months out of the year is upstate NY, the other 5 months keeps the riff raff out!

Dakich doesn't bother me. When he is talking basketball, he knows his stuff and is nowhere near as cliche as some others. With regards to weather and parking, he said exactly what has been said on this board a million times. Does a coach really care about either one as long as the fans show up? Probably not. They get good parking and have enough money to buy warm clothes and to pay someone to snowblow the driveway.

Last edited:
I thought dakich was fair. We know about the bad weather. Outside of George Costanza I've never heard anyone talk more about parking.

When I was younger I went to as many games possible. Now, I really have zero desire to drive, park, and walk up there. I'd rather get fat on my couch eating wings or at a bar.

He's fine. A big personality, but so what.
He ripped the weather and parking, but also heaped a ridiculous amount of praise upon JB for only simple, obvious coaching moves. That's a reasonable balance, if you need such things.

Our fans are a bit sick, about ref conspiracies, and announcer bias. We're not really that persecuted.

He's fine. A big personality, but so what.
He ripped the weather and parking, but also heaped a ridiculous amount of praise upon JB for only simple, obvious coaching moves. That's a reasonable balance, if you need such things.

Our fans are a bit sick, about ref conspiracies, and announcer bias. We're not really that persecuted.

agreed. I think he is really good and fair. I like his color commentary and he adds a lot of fun to the games. if you ever really listen to his analysis he really knows the game exceptionally well...much more than a lot of folks here.

Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom